Aquaman

Tools    

Wasn't bad, cheesy in parts, awful jokes but probably the best 3rd act out of the DCEU

Only a mid credits scene so don't stick around til the very end

There was a shocking voice cameo, never would've guessed who it was in a million years

This might just do nobody any good.
There was a shocking voice cameo, never would've guessed who it was in a million years
It was made out to be something of a big deal a few weeks ago. Made headlines, actually, given that... um, "they'd" turned down a cameo in the other movie out this month that you'd expected them to show up in.

By cameo I don't mean for any character
Stan Lee? (That would be shocking if he appeared postmortem in a movie made by his "Distinguished Competition"!)

Speaking of cameos - does Aquaman wear his classic orange "goldfish" shirt and green pants in this movie?

It’s been all over the promos.

Yeah! I don't care what anyone says - the classic costume and colors are the best thing about Aquaman!

I always hated the grey metal half-a-straight-jacket thing from his long hair & beard era (that was the last thing someone who swims would wear) - and didn't care for the long hair or beard either - that look was taken right from his predecessor Namor's reappearance in the Silver Age when Namor was discovered as a Bowery bum with amnesia!

It really seems like DC's movie version of Aquaman made him even more like Namor (and let's not forget that Namor came first, so it seems like DC / Warner would always want to steer Aquaman in a different direction rather than make him even more of a carbon copy of the character he copied!)

I saw some movie photos of Mera as well and... WOW! I'm assuming she stole the show?

I’m probably not watching this in theaters and I didn’t pay attention to the trailers but I’m assuming the underwater renderings are better here than they were in Justice League (low bar.) Amber Heard looked like someone poorly photoshopped her head on top of an action figure.

I thought it was fine. A bit too long...maybe cut out some of the Black Manta parts since I thought the brother storyline was stronger, or some of the Amber Heard scenes to make it a bit more action-focused

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It got good reviews, which I wasn't expecting and looks interesting enough to want to see. The only thing is, is that Mamoa doesn't look anything like Aquaman and they didn't even try to get him to look like Aquaman it seems. I'm wondering if they just cast him cause he's a popular actor, rather than trying to find a more accurate casting match.

I hope that they didn't cheap out on Black Manta's origin story, since it's controversial so I fear they will leave it out, out of pressure, but I hope they didn't.

Still looking forward to it.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
It got good reviews, which I wasn't expecting and looks interesting enough to want to see. The only thing is, is that Mamoa doesn't look anything like Aquaman and they didn't even try to get him to look like Aquaman it seems. I'm wondering if they just cast him cause he's a popular actor, rather than trying to find a more accurate casting match.

I hope that they didn't cheap out on Black Manta's origin story, since it's controversial so I fear they will leave it out, out of pressure, but I hope they didn't.

Still looking forward to it.
I couldn't think of a more perfect choice.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Momoa wasn’t really a popular actor when he was cast something like 5 years ago. By all accounts, he was cast because Zack Snyder wanted something very different from the comics version. Guy was all about that kind of re-envisioning.

Okay, correction, Snyder did want something from the comics, just not the traditional iteration. Instead he wanted this, which is just awful:

Oh okay, I thought Momoa was popular cause all my friends love him in Game of Thrones (well my female friends more) so I thought he was popular because of that.

I don’t think the guy’s sex appeal was wholly the reasoning for his casting but it’s certainly a plus ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Given the character’s reputation as a punch-line, a movie prospect had always been seen as dubious so you gotta draw an audience somehow.

Well I didn't think he looked anything like Aquaman, face wise, and thought he was cast because of sex appeal otherwise.

Welcome to the human race...
What should Aquaman look like, though? I think the appearance he's got in the film works because it emphasises his outsider status among the rest of the Atlanteans.

I thought they gave Black Manta a decent origin story that also fit the flow of the film but I didn't know anything about the character in the first place so who knows how much of a problem it actually is.