Shazam

Tools    

It's very late at night and for some reason, I was about to question why someone was remaking that goofy, nonsensical genie movie that starred Shaq. Yup, I'm tired...

Anyway, I don't claim to know much about the character, so I'm not sure if I can say yea or nay.

I think this looks pretty charming so far. I'm in

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m certain that if this succeeds WB will want to do Kingdom Come right after.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Filmed in Toronto. They built the Christmas carnival scene across from my work. Looks like light fun.

Suspect's Reviews

Strange how they've gone for yet another totally different tone to the rest of the DC movies.

Man Of Steel and BvS were dark and gritty but ended up with too much CGI
Aquaman is seemingly doing the same
Suicide Squad was a neon coated mess
Justice League didn't seem to know what it was going for, and ended up with music taken from DC movies of yesteryear
Wonder Woman struck a good balance of gritty with drama and humour

Now this one looks like it's going for full on comedy and bright primary school colours.
I'm wondering though if he'll ever be referred to as his proper name Captain Marvel seeing how Marvel also have a Captain Marvel, with their own movie out soon too.

I'm wondering though if he'll ever be referred to as his proper name Captain Marvel seeing how Marvel also have a Captain Marvel, with their own movie out soon too.
DC officially renamed him Shazam a few years back because of that.

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-captain...change-shazam/

Oh, there is one thing interesting though... looking at the cast sheet, most of the characters featured in the film are part of the Marvel Family.
All in turn are able to harness SHAZAM and become heroes in their own right.

DC officially renamed him Shazam a few years back because of that.

Ah, it was never official.
The comic name was changed, but he was always referred to in person as Captain Marvel.

Checking the cast sheet again, no sign of Wonder Woman.
I'd be interested to see her involved because SHAZAM is actually an acronym.
Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

Zeus was Wonder Woman's Father.

Checking the cast sheet again, no sign of Wonder Woman.
I'd be interested to see her involved because SHAZAM is actually an acronym.
Solomon
Hercules
Atlas
Zeus
Achilles
Mercury

Zeus was Wonder Woman's Father.
One thing that always bothered me since I first learned what the SHAZAM acronym stood for was one name that stood out like a sore thumb. (Like the old Sesame Street song: one of these things is not like the others).

All the names in the SHAZAM list were gods or demi-gods out of Greco-Roman mythology... except for Solomon.

Solomon was not a god or a demi-god. He was neither Greek nor Roman, in fact he lived centuries before either of those empires existed and before those mythologies were ever recorded. Solomon was a non-mythological human being who was an allegedly real person born in 990 BC. He was a king of Israel and is best known from a book named for him in the Bible's Old Testament.

I could never figure out how Solomon got thrown in with a bunch of mythological gods.

Boldly going.
One thing that always bothered me since I first learned what the SHAZAM acronym stood for was one name that stood out like a sore thumb. (Like the old Sesame Street song: one of these things is not like the others).

All the names in the SHAZAM list were gods or demi-gods out of Greco-Roman mythology... except for Solomon.

Solomon was not a god or a demi-god. He was neither Greek nor Roman, in fact he lived centuries before either of those empires existed and before those mythologies were ever recorded. Solomon was a non-mythological human being who was an allegedly real person born in 990 BC. He was a king of Israel and is best known from a book named for him in the Bible's Old Testament.

I could never figure out how Solomon got thrown in with a bunch of mythological gods.
Samson might have made more sense, since he had super strength, though still from the Bible and not from Greco-Roman mythology.

Just saw another trailer for this. It just looks a little silly to me. I couldn't take the comic seriously and I doubt I'll be able to take the movie very serious. The muscle suit is pretty damn funny tho, so I reckon I'll watch it at least once just for that.

It's a little silly, but it's enjoyable.
Mid credits and a post credits scene, although the post credits was pretty much in one of the trailers so felt like I'd wasted time waiting