Creed 2

Tools    

Seems like nobody gives a crap about Creed II on the MoFo but me. That's alright. I'll still keep posting new videos as they emerge.

So there's this behind-the-scenes snippet that was just released on YouTube and one of the scenes that stood out was a fight scene between Rocky and Ivan Drago. You heard that correctly...

One week away til the movie's the movie release...
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m in a strange position. I loved Creed but was never terribly invested in the Rocky franchise. I think most of my knowledge of it comes from cultural osmosis and jokes you see online (Paulie’s robot.) Creed was, I think, very intelligent and gracious in its handling of the canon and made the whole thing feel, for a lack of a better word, real again. It wasn’t the great American cheesesteak Rocky, y’know? This looks alright so far, but I’m having trouble looking past another “I must break you.” Feels oddly like an absorption, rather than an encouragement to go forwards.

But, I mean, I’ll check it out eventually.

I’m in a strange position. I loved Creed but was never terribly invested in the Rocky franchise. I think most of my knowledge of it comes from cultural osmosis and jokes you see online (Paulie’s robot.) Creed was, I think, very intelligent and gracious in its handling of the canon and made the whole thing feel, for a lack of a better word, real again. It wasn’t the great American cheesesteak Rocky, y’know? This looks alright so far, but I’m having trouble looking past another “I must break you.” Feels oddly like an absorption, rather than an encouragement to go forwards.

But, I mean, I’ll check it out eventually.
creed gave meaning again to the franchise after a certainly good rocky balboa, but to me rocky balboa was more a remake rather than a new sequel, while creed gave it a new meaning

If Creed is a Rocky V remake, and Creed 2 is looking to be a Rocky IV remake...

Creed > Rocky 5… Rocky trains a kid off the streets.
Creed 2 > Rocky 4… The hero fights a Drago.
Creed 3 > Rocky 3… The hero fights an invincible fighter and loses. In the case of this movie, it’ll be Clubber Lang’s kid… then the hero’s trainer dies, so basically Rocky dies… and then he gets help from an unexpected source. In the case of this movie, it’ll be Drago who helps him.
Creed 4 > Rocky 2… The hero has a rematch with a previous competitor.
Creed 5 > Rocky… The hero loses his fight, becomes an enforcer for the Mob.

Welcome to the human race...
An interesting proposition, though I think following that logic he'd finish off by going back to whatever cushy office job he originally had.

I thought this seemed like some drawn out episode of a drama TV show, and it is much longer than I anticipated. I found myself rather bored on multiple occasions. The plot is predictable, which is fine, but the in-between-fights scenes had less energy than you would want them to. The final third act was commendable in that the atmosphere finally rises to the moment. Not sure if I'm a fan of Michael B. Jordan yet.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
After hearing they dropped the ball on the nostalgia bits, I'm good.

After hearing they dropped the ball on the nostalgia bits, I'm good.
What do you mean?

Anyway, I quite liked it. Not as good without Coogler, but still awesome and like most Rocky movies (that I've seen), it's pretty inspiring. Going to see it again soon.

What do you mean?

Anyway, I quite liked it. Not as good without Coogler, but still awesome and like most Rocky movies (that I've seen), it's pretty inspiring. Going to see it again soon.

The review I heard said the Drago stuff was a missed opportunity. For a movie to use this calling card, him and Rocky never had a satisfying moment apparently. The impression I got was they kinda just stare at each other. No punches thrown. No payback for killing Apollo, oops spoiler .

It was impressed upon that they shouldn't have used Drago, for how little and uneventful they made him.

Yeah, I know. It's a Creed movie.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
What do you mean?

The review I heard said the Drago stuff was a missed opportunity. For a movie to use this calling card, him and Rocky never had a satisfying moment apparently. The impression I got was they kinda just stare at each other. No punches thrown. No payback for killing Apollo, oops spoiler .

It was impressed upon that they shouldn't have used Drago, for how little and uneventful they made him.

I haven’t seen the new one but rocky already got his revenge in 4 for Apollo’s death. He broke the ped cheat drago in his own backyard in R4.

The scene where Rocky and Ivan throw punches was shot but cut.

I'm sure it will show up on the bonus features when it's released on DVD/BluRay.

But yes, I agree, the scene where Rocky and Drago was not satisfying. I was hoping for a more intense and emotional exchange.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

I just came here to post that...this is just the RJJ TMZ part they used.

Take him into deepwater

I can't be dumb enough to believe this is anything more than hypestravaganza for this movie. No way MBJ is crazy, no way it happens, well orchestrated free marketing 101.

So I saw Creed II and I thought it was a really good movie. The way its going I think we will see more. The character Rocky is obviously done as a boxer, he's long retired, but I think future sequels would focus on the character Adonis Creed and his career as a boxer with Rocky as his trainer.