Anyone else won’t have a box set if it includes a single turkey?

Tools    

Really want to get BTTF in 4K steelbook, but currently only available as a set with the two sequels that I don’t like. Same story with Christopher reeve supermans 1 and 2 - couldn’t bear to have superman 4 on my living room shelf

I love box sets and I still buy a set even if I don’t love every movie in it. I have the Superman set, the Alien set, the Matrix , Indiana Jones, Batman, the Bond set, Nightmare on Elm Street and other box sets where the quality of all the films aren’t equal.

I love box sets. But I think I have only tv box sets. The Sopranos, etc.

I don't buy box sets anymore, but there's not a single turkey in any of the Bogart box sets that I have.
Don’t think I have ever seen a Bogart movie. When we were kids we liked The Caine Mutiny very much when it was shown on tv.

Depends on the boxset, depends on the turkey.

For sure, I will buy it if it has one "keeper" and a bunch of "maybes", as long as the price works. In this era of declining interest in physical media, there are lots of cheap DVD and Blue Ray sets around that have a couple decent movies and a bunch of also-rans. My most recent purchase in that area was 3 sets of 10-12 noir films each, about 30 movies, all told, for $12.95 per set. I got a 3-set discount, so including shipping, they showed up at my door for under $30.

So far, I've made it through Whirlpool, The Stranger and DOA. My favorite is Orson Welles directing The Stranger, and acting in the story of a death camp commander trying to hide out in a small US town as nazi-hunter Edward G Robinson closes in on him. In DOA, a guy has been poisoned, has a few days to live and is on the trail of his killer. In Whirlpool a woman who is a kleptomaniac is hypnotized in an attempted cure, but is found at the scene of a murder.

Cool movies.

Guess I’m the eccentric one then, even with a good box set though you can still get burned with sequels coming out unexpectedly - Indiana Jones, Star Wars :-(. A bond box set is a curious one, I might go for a Connery collection, but no way is die another day going on my display shelf.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
As long as the price is worth it for the movies that I want, I don't care how many extra bad movies are in the box set. They can force me to buy the bad movies, but they can't force me to watch them.

As long as the price is worth it for the movies that I want, I don't care how many extra bad movies are in the box set. They can force me to buy the bad movies, but they can't force me to watch them.
If it's late enough and I have enough beer, I even watch some of them. That's what got me off on Noir films.