Happy Anniversary, AgrippinaX!

Tools    

It’s been a good year since @AgrippinaX joined us.

Hey everyone, thanks for the anniversary posts & thread - very cool. Sorry I’ve been absent for a while, I’ll do better in the next HoF, very annoying of me, I know. Should have followed @Takoma11’s example and sat this one out given the chaos that surrounds me - but then we know she’s far wiser than me. Thing is, I’ve decided to leave my job, which is no easy decision to make in a pandemic, especially as I haven’t been there long, but there are no words to describe how much I hate it, it’s like physical torture. Probably sounds v. arrogant, but what can you do.

So my Jan-Feb period has been consumed with that and choosing where to make the switch to - and thinking I must be mad to even consider it. I’m hopefully back now & will spend as much time here as before. Everything is pretty damn depressing in London as far as I’m concerned, so I’ve been watching very vintage things like ‘Touch of Evil’, which doesn’t seem to assuage anxiety as well as hardcore horror. Last night I rewatched ‘Zodiac’ which was my first post-1950s film in nearly a month.

Edit: this morning I bought weed for the first time in my life due to all of the above, so there’s something to celebrate.

Hey everyone, thanks for the anniversary posts & thread - very cool. Sorry I’ve been absent for a while, I’ll do better in the next HoF, very annoying of me, I know. Should have followed @Takoma11’s example and sat this one out given the chaos that surrounds me - but then we know she’s far wiser than me. Thing is, I’ve decided to leave my job, which is no easy decision to make in a pandemic, especially as I haven’t been there long, but there are no words to describe how much I hate it, it’s like physical torture. Probably sounds v. arrogant, but what can you do.

So my Jan-Feb period has been consumed with that and choosing where to make the switch to - and thinking I must be mad to even consider it. I’m hopefully back now & will spend as much time here as before. Everything is pretty damn depressing in London as far as I’m concerned, so I’ve been watching very vintage things like ‘Touch of Evil’, which doesn’t seem to assuage anxiety as well as hardcore horror. Last night I rewatched ‘Zodiac’ which was my first post-1950s film in nearly a month.

Edit: this morning I bought weed for the first time in my life due to all of the above, so there’s something to celebrate.
It feels weird to thumbs up this post, since it sounds like you are having a heck of a winter. I hope that your job search goes well. I have almost no friends who have regretted leaving jobs they hated, even if it was challenging in the month or two of changing their job.

I'm glad you're back!

Enjoy the trip. Wish you the best.

It feels weird to thumbs up this post, since it sounds like you are having a heck of a winter. I hope that your job search goes well. I have almost no friends who have regretted leaving jobs they hated, even if it was challenging in the month or two of changing their job.

I'm glad you're back!
I missed you too and everyone here. Makes sense re: the thumbs up, felt equally weird writing it when I don’t really have any tangible problems to speak of. I know it’s the right decision, but pretty terrifying nonetheless.

Everything is pretty damn depressing in London as far as I’m concerned .....

My niece who lives “over the river” in London recently recovered from a week of COVID. She must be all of 24 & was working remotely. So scary there.

My dentist & I were discussing what would make us feel better on Monday. I said Vicodin & her hygienist said Xanax. We had a good laugh at least. I cried my eyes out earlier in the visit since it’s now confirmed that I either need a root canal or an extraction next month.

My niece who lives “over the river” in London recently recovered from a week of COVID. She must be all of 24 & was working remotely. So scary there.

My dentist & I were discussing what would make us feel better on Monday. I said Vicodin & her hygienist said Xanax. We had a good laugh at least. I cried my eyes out earlier in the visit since it’s now confirmed that I either need a root canal or an extraction next month.
Poor thing, I’m glad she’s better. It really is quite scary tbh. I think it’s wiser to work from home, though I would say that - my boss insists on everyone coming into the office, so we do.

You never know how it’ll affect you - I have a 30-y-o coworker who got it in June and never recovered. He was working from home (he was really ill so no objections there) so we never realised how bad it was but he never returned to the office, never returned to full-time work and recently resigned. He’s fine physically, but it took a toll on him.