what is your sound system for TV

Tools    

hi, collecting ideas for a new one, so
wanna ask you what is your sound system for TV?

Don’t think I have a “system”. I turn on the tv, adjust the volume, and off I go.

Don’t think I have a “system”. I turn on the tv, adjust the volume, and off I go.

Hahaha I'd have to say same as this

What?! I can’t hear you over the explosions. Lol

We have a soundbar. I wasn’t convinced at first but it grew on me after I found that movie setting feature. Bang! Boom!

5 Small NHT bookshelf speakers and a whopping Hsu subwoofer, coupled to a Yamaha receiver. The NHT's are small but excellent and what they lack in bottom is filled in by the sub. It's a small basement room so power isn't much of a factor, but when it's cranked up, I can move the furniture on the 2nd floor of the house when there's an on-screen explosion. Generally, when I'm watching TV, I turn off surround because of the limitations of that TV sound. Sound engineers put a lot of work into movie sound, so it would be a shame to miss out on that. This is not an expensive setup but makes a huge improvement so I end up with better sound than even my local art-house theater which claims to do the best sound.

You can spend as much as you want on this or almost as little ($150 for all-in-the-box) but truthfully, almost any actual surround with marginally decent speakers is a huge improvement on TV monitor sound. A lot of work goes into sound production so, good sound feels like it makes the screen larger. With audio equipment there's a diminishing returns principle that, when you double the money you spend, you do NOT get twice the benefit, so a reasonable, low priced system will move you along a lot with that first step.

If you catch that strange audiophile virus, however, you should turn your bank account over to a trustee.

I have the Yamaha NS-555 towers and the NS-C444 for the frontstage, YST-SW515 subwoofer, and then the NS-333 for the back and Atmos speakers in a 5.1.2 system. My receiver is the Yamaha RX-V781.

my friend send me a link to homemakerguide.com with sound system Sony HT-S350 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer, said that is not so expensive and perfect sound

Perfect NEVER applies, either to sound systems or to ears, so auditioning is a good thing to do before you put down any money.

I have the Yamaha NS-555 towers and the NS-C444 for the frontstage, YST-SW515 subwoofer, and then the NS-333 for the back and Atmos speakers in a 5.1.2 system. My receiver is the Yamaha RX-V781.
Sounds good (no pun intended), but no clue what any of it is.

Sounds good (no pun intended), but no clue what any of it is.
Yeah I know, I just thought that since this kind of was a thread for people with interest in sound systems so if they wanted to know more they could look up the model names.

But well... confusing names or not, they sound really damn good and I’m really damn happy about them. I guess that’s what matters most.

This is not my photo but a picture of the exact same set I have. (except I got two more bookshelf speakers which I use for above head Atmos effects)

Jbl Bar 5.1 Surround 4K 550W Virtual Soundbar and Wireless Subwoofer

You ready? You look ready.
Oh no. It’s the soundbar guy again.
Say what you will but I paid $100 for mine and, considering the price, it is the best sound I have ever heard.

I used to have a much nicer 2.1 system that was close to $1000 and, while the clarity and soundstage was better, I don’t miss it for TV and movies.

But oh man, I miss throwing the FLAC up on that system. I cry myself back to sleep when I dream of it.

I am using Mi Soundbar with 8 Speaker Drivers as a sound system.