Things that annoy you...

Tools    

The continuous use of cell phones in stories and for gimmicks is annoying enough. But when they show the screens for a plot point, I can almost never read them! So I miss what they're trying to impart. Presumably people who can read 8 point fonts have no problem..

The continuous use of cell phones in stories and for gimmicks is annoying enough. But when they show the screens for a plot point, I can almost never read them! So I miss what they're trying to impart. Presumably people who can read 8 point fonts have no problem..
And when they show the screen for a nano-second. By the time I hit pause the movie has moved on.

And when they show the screen for a nano-second. By the time I hit pause the movie has moved on.
One thing I noticed - in silent movies where they relied on subtitles - the titles would stay up with ample time to read them (most of the time).

Even in movies up to modern times, they seemed to keep any text on the screen with more-than enough time to read it (be it subtitles, a written introduction, a hand written or typed note someone is reading, a written time or location to introduce a scene change, a headline on a newspaper, plot-necessary text on a computer screen, etc.). But in the 21st century it's like Hollywood producers think everyone is a speed reader! I just don't get it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Sign of the times, perhaps, with society using mobile devices. I'd be curious to know if kids growing up with these devices in hand (the way I grew up with television and video games in my face) notice the speed that informative blurbs hang on screen. Are they able to digest it easier/faster?

I find myself frustrated with younger drivers zipping in and out of traffic at speeds that make me uncomfortable at my age. I'm absolutely certain I did the same, without much consideration to the risk, when I was that age. Maybe there's a similar dynamic in media consumption?

I'm just spinning my wheels here, btw. Off from work and I'm not sure what to do with myself at the moment.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Sign of the times, perhaps, with society using mobile devices. I'd be curious to know if kids growing up with these devices in hand (the way I grew up with television and video games in my face) notice the speed that informative blurbs hang on screen. Are they able to digest it easier/faster?

I find myself frustrated with younger drivers zipping in and out of traffic at speeds that make me uncomfortable at my age. I'm absolutely certain I did the same, without much consideration to the risk, when I was that age. Maybe there's a similar dynamic in media consumption?

I'm just spinning my wheels here, btw. Off from work and I'm not sure what to do with myself at the moment.
I actually feel a sense of panic now when I see text on the screen (during a movie) - because I'm panicking (not literally, but you know what I mean) I end up trying to "skim" it because I know it will disappear... but then in my skimming I realize I missed the integral parts of the message, so I go back and try to read it normally from the beginning - about half way through, it goes off the screen!

Ummm, relax? TGIF!

Ummm, relax? TGIF!

What is this, rrr...rrrE ....reh-ee luuuuuh skuh, you speak of? Strange sounds indeed.

Within a month I need to see my dentist who will give me a permanent filling. Am going to beg her not to give me a crown ($1,000), but to take a let’s see what happens stance with a filling first.
Just to finish this saga: dentist very pleased with root canal. Said I don’t need a crown at least for now. Got my permanent filling which was easy as no Novocain needed since there are no nerves now in that tooth.

Dental bills this year almost $3,000. Have no intention of returning to dentist until 2022.

Just to finish this saga: dentist very pleased with root canal. Said I don’t need a crown at least for now. Got my permanent filling which was easy as no Novocain needed since there are no nerves now in that tooth.

Dental bills this year almost $3,000. Have no intention of returning to dentist until 2022.
Happy to hear you didn't need a crown and Novocain...I hate those Novocain shots especially when...well never mind you don't want to know

A pet peeve of mine is couples who share an email address & I have no clue why anyone would do this.

A good friend of mine shares his with his wife. I’ve never met her though she knows who I am. When I email Paul she usually sees the email first & replies to me. Though she doesn’t know me.

Then there is my girlfriend who shares an email with her husband in his name only. He’s a doctor & she’s a nurse-anesthetist, but, for some reason, she sends me emails in his name. I have a nodding acquaintance with him & he never joins in the emails. But, obviously, sees them. As it’s his email address.

Bizarre.

Trash. Me and my SO just got back from a vacation and one of the things we noticed was the cleanliness of the place. Spent 4 days there and I don't remember seeing any trash on the roadsides. You notice it here but it's so everywhere you don't really notice anymore until you go on a vacation and come back and think "Damn, that place was clean!" Yesterday, I had to drive across town and every median was filled with trash. Bottles, cans and a ton of fast food bags. Just thrown out the window. Get on or off the freeway and trash all along the ramps. Why? I don't get it?

Trash. Me and my SO just got back from a vacation and one of the things we noticed was the cleanliness of the place. Spent 4 days there and I don't remember seeing any trash on the roadsides. You notice it here but it's so everywhere you don't really notice anymore until you go on a vacation and come back and think "Damn, that place was clean!" Yesterday, I had to drive across town and every median was filled with trash. Bottles, cans and a ton of fast food bags. Just thrown out the window. Get on or off the freeway and trash all along the ramps. Why? I don't get it?
Vacation spots or places that cater to tourists tend to be cleaner (for obvious reasons).
There may not be as many people living there as working there, and people are probably employed to keep the place clean (or at least cleaner than some neighborhoods that don't have a tourist trade).

Litter is a pet peeve of mine also. I have never littered.

Where I live it’s trash-city. It’s unbelievable.

I especially love the folks who (illegally) park at the pre-school next door overnight & weekends. Always amazed at the amount of trash they throw out of their cars onto the ground. Especially as there is a dumpster a few feet away. Why would you litter where small children go to school?

Where I live it’s trash-city. It’s unbelievable.

I especially love the folks who (illegally) park at the pre-school next door overnight & weekends. Always amazed at the amount of trash they throw out of their cars onto the ground. Especially as there is a dumpster a few feet away. Why would you litter where small children go to school?
Lazy filthy people

Oh I'm totally reading the comment as "waking up early is not good for you," and I'm pretty much in agreement.