Director of the Month Project

→ in
Tools    

There are like 13 Fassbinder films on there. Heard they are changing the name to Fassstruck.

Best dad joke ever.
I laughed at that in a dad joke way, glad you noted that

Have you read about Fassbinder? Dude was insane, got to be one of the most interesting directors.

I laughed at that in a dad joke way, glad you noted that

Have you read about Fassbinder? Dude was insane, got to be one of the most interesting directors.
Not a lot but he has definitely been on my radar. If you are interested I am down. I want you to be pleased though. I feel like we did what I preferred last month. So you should be the main one to decide.

Not a lot but he has definitely been on my radar. If you are interested I am down. I want you to be pleased though. I feel like we did what I preferred last month. So you should be the main one to decide.
Think you may have missed my post at the bottom of the last page since i didn't quote you, that explains where i'm at.

Fass or Cass are completely fine to me. The only way i wouldn't be pleased is if it was a director i'd seen say four or more from and i've seen two and one respectively from them.

I was thinking PTA might be good for this

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Hope you join in Yam but i'm going to have to veto PTA at least for now since i've seen all of his films. PTA is the man though, how many of his have you seen?

My second favorite director. I want to watch at least a couple before his new one. If you are really interested PM me, we can get something going as part of directors club. Tell me what you want to watch.

My second favorite director. I want to watch at least a couple before his new one. If you are really interested PM me, we can get something going as part of directors club. Tell me what you want to watch.
I might join in with that if you end up doing it. Got to rewatch both Boogie Nights and Inherent Vice before Phantom Thread. I've only seen Boogie Nights once when i was 16

Hope you join in Yam but i'm going to have to veto PTA at least for now since i've seen all of his films. PTA is the man though, how many of his have you seen?
All of them but I would like to rewatch some before his new one

All of them but I would like to rewatch some before his new one
Yeah, sounds like Sean is going to do that with his and Rauls Dissection thread. That's better suited for well watched directors like PTA. Hope you still join in with whoever we do in this one.

Here's the thread BTW - https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=38545

I was thinking more of the stand alone director's clubs. I can start separate threads. I would love to do it in our thread but Raul hates PTA with a hot passion.

I was thinking more of the stand alone director's clubs. I can start separate threads. I would love to do it in our thread but Raul hates PTA with a hot passion.
Oh yeah, that makes sense then.

I am cool with Cassavetes. Ask velvet who he/she is interested in. Be nice to get a group of 3 or 4 watching.
Cassavetes sounds great. I have seen zero of his films.

If you get a PTA club started I will join. I have seen one of his films (There Will be Blood) and I enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to watching the others.

Looks like we'll go with Cassavetes then. Which ones would you guys want to do?

I'd like to do A Woman Under The Influence as i said but it's up to Sean if he'd rather something else since he's seen it. I'm cool with Opening Night and Shadows if you want since those are the two on Filmstruck that Sean hasn't seen. So that would leave a fourth if any of you have suggestions.

Looks like we'll go with Cassavetes then. Which ones would you guys want to do?

I'd like to do A Woman Under The Influence as i said but it's up to Sean if he'd rather something else since he's seen it. I'm cool with Opening Night and Shadows if you want since those are the two on Filmstruck that Sean hasn't seen. So that would leave a fourth if any of you have suggestions.
Sounds cool but I haven't seen any of Cassavetes' films and I'm not sure where to start with him

Sounds cool but I haven't seen any of Cassavetes' films and I'm not sure where to start with him
That's what this thread is for. We all decide on four films of his to watch and review/discuss. None of us are that familiar with him either, i've seen one that i don't remember that well, Sean has seen three and Velvet hasn't seen any.

It's probably going to be A Woman Under The Influence, Shadows and Opening Night. Not decided a fourth yet.