Pets

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Seems that one of their biggest distinguishing characteristics is the tufting on the ears. The pictures on the page I linked are quite clear on that. And they have three different lengths of hair, too. Some look a lot less shaggy than the photos here. (Of course, these are show-quality cats on that site.)

My parents had a handful of Persians when I was a teenager, and those are some of the few longhairs that have a distinctive look (the smooshed-in face). But my mom got them from breeders, so she knew their lineage. The other longhairs we had were gorgeous... but just domestic longhairs.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Any spider fans here? My nephew who is terrified of spiders keeps sending me stuff like this. I am arachnophobic.

https://www.facebook.com/7NewsAustra...3621747314679/

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Any spider fans here? My nephew who is terrified of spiders keeps sending me stuff like this. I am arachnophobic.

https://www.facebook.com/7NewsAustra...3621747314679/

I have a terrible fear of spiders.

PLEASE do NOT post any pictures of spiders. THANK YOU.

I have a terrible fear of spiders.

PLEASE do NOT post any pictures of spiders. THANK YOU.
me too. It's why I hid it in a linky.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of spiders, but I'm not afraid of them and if I find one in my house or at the office I'll catch it and put it outside. I am a fan of jumping spiders though. Those fuzzy little critters are adorable. Especially peacock jumping spiders.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_yYC5r8xMI

Those peacock spiders are super cute.

They're really pretty. It's the other spiders that freak me out, like the one in the video my nephew sent me, or tarantulas in the amazon so big they could carry off a dinner plate, or sydney funnel webs (which are actually very dangerous and very aggro).

Other than the brown recluse (which I've never seen in person) and the black widow (which are not particularly aggressive) we don't really have dangerous spiders here. People freak out over nothing.

People freak out over nothing.
Tell that to someone who accidentally got too close to a funnel web spider.

Anyway back to pets.

https://www.facebook.com/TheSceneVid...8957383504945/

The Adventure Starts Here!
I am SO NOT clicking on ANY of those links that hide anything to do with spiders! NOT NOT NOT.

Having said that, I am a lot less afraid of them than I used to be. I suppose living in an 1880s Victorian semi-mansion with a hubby who often works overnights means I have had to learn to swat my own spiders.

I don't disturb the daddy longlegs, though. They don't seem to bother me, so I don't bother them.

Don't look. Not really scary but my nephew is so afraid of them he asked me not to burn the spider, or to burn the house down which he usually asks, but to burn him instead. We're all arachnophobic in this family. The spider in that video is not deadly, but when you live with dangerous pidies in your back yard it's a knee jerk reaction.

re daddy long legs - I love them too, Aus!

Anyone here have owls? I really want one but not while I have terriers. This was sent to me yesterday. Fascinating.

I have a terrible fear of owls.

PLEASE do NOT post any pictures of owls. THANK YOU.

edit: My bad - it's actually velociraptors I'm scared of, I quite like owls .... always get those two mixed up

The rest of my cat.

She's a rescue, sad story. Locked up in a tiny windowless basement for a year all alone. Overweight and lost half her coat. Running around with my other cats she's lost 6lbs and grew back all her fur. Was planning to adopt her back out but like her too much.