Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
TDKR devolves into a Ledger film for me the more I watch it. Every other scene is me waiting for the Clown Prince. Begins stands better by itself than the Joker film.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Stands up to a rewatch, and I didnt think I'd rewatch it so soon, if at all.

We saw Margot interviewed on a panel tonight. Good god journos are behaving like they received noms themselves. Little kids peeing their pants.

She said that scene was impromptu. Farout - so well done.

Hello. The last movie I watched was Elysium. I rate it 9 out of 10, the script was pretty well written. It strikes a sense of realism in me, on the topics like immigration, inequalities in social classes and unfair disparities of the wage distribution, in the real world. But I was a bit confused by the plot, so minus 1 point. Goodbye.

Unregistered User
Did you like the story, form or both?

Good question. I found it really powerful and especially with James Baldwin's presence. It was extremely factual and well made too, to the point that it was quite shocking yet never over the top.

Mustang Island (2017)

Anybody else find Macon Blair really really funny?

He's got weird screen prescence. He's not exactly handsome, charismatic etc - but when he's on screen his mannerisms just make you want to watch him. Blue Ruin especially. He's got a cameo in The Florida Project, and he's excellent for about 90 seconds.

Feet First (Clyde Bruckman & Harold Lloyd, 1930)
+
It's a shoe-in that the stunts are generally decent

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Good question. I found it really powerful and especially with James Baldwin's presence. It was extremely factual and well made too, to the point that it was quite shocking yet never over the top.
Yes, James Baldwin was an awesome guy - inteligent, eloquent and sensitive. I didn't know much about him before I watched the movie. He was the biggest surprise form me.

David Bowie: The Last Five Years (Francis Whately, 2017)

Rest in peace

Ping Pong (2002) -

Man this really good, one of the best sport drama i ever seen. Wonder why i holding up this on my stash for so long. I suppose pretty much the original source by taiyou matsumoto quiet translated well for live action, which yet, up to this point too i never read any instead of reputation and other adaptation of his works, blue spring and anime tekkon kinkret -which a must see to imo-

It's not focused on the dynamic of the game, much characters driven with got a lot to say about passion, self discovery and relationship themselves. It could be a little overdramatic, cheesy, and cliche but never goes beyond gimmicky and ridicule, but poetic at the time

I prefer if the ending more like hold ior cut in subtleness rather shoving to audience which one made progress to professional level because i just dont feel its match with movie tone at all. Next to catch up is the anime version by masaki yuuasa's . It's a must!

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I'll start from this - I don't like country music I can barely stand this kind of songs, that's why my rating is so low. If I saw this movie as a first Altman's film, I would never like to watch anything else made by him. Thankfully, I have seen some Altmans movies and I appreciate the charm, which is in his every movie, this kind of nostalgia and absolutely great cast

Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson, 2012)

Island life doesn't have to be boring

I'll start from this - I don't like country music I can barely stand this kind of songs, that's why my rating is so low. If I saw this movie as a first Altman's film, I would never like to watch anything else made by him. Thankfully, I have seen some Altmans movies and I appreciate the charm, which is in his every movie, this kind of nostalgia and absolutely great cast
Though the film does hold a place in cinema history as the last film Altman directed, if you really want to study Altman as a director, this is the LAST film you should look at. Now that you've watched this, you need to go back and watch Nashville, MASH, The Long Goodbye. Gosford Park, etc. Please don't judge Altman as a director from Prairie Home Companion.

Though the film does hold a place in cinema history as the last film Altman directed, if you really want to study Altman as a director, this is the LAST film you should look at. Now that you've watched this, you need to go back and watch Nashville, MASH, The Long Goodbye. Gosford Park, etc. Please don't judge Altman as a director from Prairie Home Companion.
They aren't, they specifically stated that they had seen some other movies of his prior to this one.

You're absolutely right, my bad...guess I was reading too fast.
No worries - I'm sure quite a few of us have done it at some point or another, I know I have.

I've been wanting to see that for a long while. Looks like something I might like?

I really liked it too. Agreed, with what you said... it was great because it touched upon loneliness and the challenges of social acceptances.

Bette rocks that movie!

This might seem like a dumb question, but why were you disappointed that Matlin's character was deaf instead of blind?