Clue

Tools    

http://deadline.com/2018/01/ryan-rey...ck-1202266701/

"While questions abound over how Twentieth Century Fox’s feature assets will integrate into Disney, the studio has sent a clue that Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds will be big part of the mix. Fox has made a three-year first look deal with Reynolds’ Maximum Effort to hatch projects for the studio. They’ve got the first picture that Reynolds will produce under the new deal.

It is a live action film based on the Hasbro board game Clue, with Maximum Effort producing along with Allspark Pictures, the film division of Hasbro. Fox is in the process of reteaming Reynolds with Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, who wrote the first Deadpool film. The writers are in talks.

The film will be developed as a star vehicle for Reynolds, based on the mythology of the venerable board game."

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I am all for it. Nothing will ever take the place of the original, so go for it.

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m really surprised at the love for the original. It’s pretty okay, aside from “flames on the side of my face”.

I’m really surprised at the love for the original. It’s pretty okay, aside from “flames on the side of my face”.
I've seen everything and it's in my top five all time.

So many great lines of dialogue, a fun murder mystery plot, that post modern ending, the perfectly cast ensemble of character actors, the visuals of the 50's style haunted house mansion....

I loved it when I would watch it endlessly on HBO when I was 10/11 and I'll still pop it in at 35.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
^absolutely agree.
Saw this in theater as a kid. Jokes were quick and obscure. Set, story, banter, cast riffing off each other, straight deliveries, chaotic pacing, three possible endings, it was just perfect.

Sure. But it'll take a SWAT TEAM to improve on the first one.

A SWAT team of filmmakers, that is.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I remember my sister and I watched this every chance we had when we were young. Beyond amusing. and Yvette did wonders keeping that house in order.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I remember my sister and I watched this every chance we had when we were young. Beyond amusing. and Yvette did wonders keeping that house in order.
This and The Private Eyes.
Wookalars rule.

"That's one plus two plus ONE plus one."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You can't win an argument just by being right!

"That's one plus two plus ONE plus one."
I thought I had seen this but after watching that trailer I think I had confused it with Deathtrap and I have no idea why. This looks way too american slapstick for me but curious what the deadpool film makers will do with it - whether they go full on childish or try to give it a bit of subtlety.

I thought I had seen this but after watching that trailer I think I had confused it with Deathtrap and I have no idea why. This looks way too american slapstick for me but curious what the deadpool film makers will do with it - whether they go full on childish or try to give it a bit of subtlety.
The 1985 movie is a bit of a cult classic, loosely based on the board game with characters like Professor Plum and Miss Scarlett and items such as a revolver and a lead pipe in locations like the library and the hall. It had a bit of a stunt release where there were alternate endings, three different solutions to the game, and you could get a ticket for ending A, B, or C, hoping that if it caught on you would buy three admissions to see all of them. All three were edited together with "or it might have happened like this..." type bumpers in the video and cable versions. It was a bomb at the box office (I saw endings A and C in the theater during its original run), but it gained a healthy following in subsequent years.

It is most akin to the murder mystery spoof Murder by Death (1976) much more than an actual Agatha Christie whodunit.

Check out THIS piece on the film's popularity, and THIS existing thread here on MoFo about the flick.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Thanks Holden. Will have a read.

This might just do nobody any good.
Murder by Death > Clue

I love Clue.

I watched it a million times growing up. Funny and kinda scary (for a 10 year old) at the same time.

Tim Curry was a riot as Wadsworth the butler.

Not sure I'd like to see a remake. And I'm pretty sure it's going to suck.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...e-may-r-rated/

"Speaking with MTV, Reese and Wernick tease a potentially R-rated adaptation.

It will have elements of [the original movie], but it’s important that we don’t try and just rehash it,” Reese told MTV. “We want to build on it. We want to take some of what makes it fun and funny, but then we want to do our own thing. It’s about finding that balance. Hopefully we don’t upset the Clue-hounds because there are a lot of them apparently. We didn’t realize this until we signed up.

Wernick chimed in, “Don’t be surprised if Clue is R-rated… potentially.” "