Guess the Television Show from the Screenshot or GIF Game

Tools    

European? British?

American, actually.
I logged off & came back since I realized this is the TV thread & not the Where the Heck Am I thread. That's why I asked for the location.

This one looks hard. Nothing springing to mind.

Gonna log out again.

I logged off & came back since I realized this is the TV thread & not the Where the Heck Am I thread. That's why I asked for the location.

This one looks hard. Nothing springing to mind.

Gonna log out again.
I don't even know why I check this thread, I haven't heard of any of these TV shows

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Nope. Wrong coast.

This mansion was the setting for one of the most successful afternoon soap operas. a "Horror themed" soap opera. If you were a fan, you'd know it immediately.

The only "Horror themed" soap opera I've ever heard of is "Dark Shadows", but I've never seen the show, so I have no idea if that pic is from the show.

The only "Horror themed" soap opera I've ever heard of is "Dark Shadows", but I've never seen the show, so I have no idea if that pic is from the show.
Correct! The mansion and setting for show is called "Collinwood." The town is one the coast of Maine, called "Collinsport." The Collins family is the big family there, of course.

Your turn.

I don't even know why I check this thread, I haven't heard of any of these TV shows
You've never heard of The Mary Tyler Moore Show?

Correct! Your turn.

This is a tough one because I'm probably the only person on this site who's seen this show, but maybe one of you horror fanatics can get it from this famous director who had a guest appearance in one episode.

(I'm sorry for the poor quality of the image, but this show has never been released on VHS, DVD, or any other media, so this is a screenshot from an old VHS recording on YouTube.)

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV-show-2.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	34656  

Wow, sounds like you couldn't picked a more difficult screenshot here...the few clues you've given are pretty vague, we're going to need something more specific and by we, I mean we.

Looks like Wes Craven so I'll guess Stark Raving Mad?
Correct.

"Stark Raving Mad" is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, but nobody else seems to have even heard of it. It's a comedy about a horror writer, and it's on YouTube for free. Those of you who call yourselves horror fans should be ashamed of yourself for not watching it.

Wow, sounds like you couldn't picked a more difficult screenshot here...the few clues you've given are pretty vague, we're going to need something more specific and by we, I mean we.
I thought the horror fans would have a chance to figure it out if they recognized Wes Craven, but if nobody had guessed it, I was going to give a clue that it was on my list of my Top 25 TV Shows in the recent countdown.