Slasher Hall of Fame

Tools    

Most people have a strong attachment to what they watched in their twenties..
well in my 20's would be 80's... and early 90's... so I think that statement is wrong for me... I prefer horror from when I was pre-teen .. except Jaws.. I hate it when I seen it in the theatre....

My film is called Hatchet as JJ said...
Hatchet?!

You're a woman without many limits, especially when it comes to movies, and you picked Hatchet as your selection?! It's one of the worst movies in the world.

Originally Posted by MovieGal
Its a throwback to the 80's slasher genre.... with some fun killings.. It has Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger fame), Kane Hodder ("Jason" from Friday the 13th) and Tony Todd (Candyman).
Which doesn't make it good.

I bought Hatchet when it first came out just to try something new. Big mistake! I thought it was incredibly stupid.

But what I really hate about Hatchet was there was a lot of press about it that seemed to be calling it "a new slasher classic" and basically because all of those famous horror movie actors were in it.

They kept saying it was like a throwback to an '80s horror movie -- I didn't get what they were talking about. It was gimmicky and nothing special at all. It was like one of those "celebrities for doing nothing" -- famous, noticed, but WHAT FOR? I despise Hatchet. I haven't seen it in years, but I know it's still crap. OMG, MovieGal, I'm never trusting your opinion again since you picked Hatchet. What were you thinking?! You're supposed to gross people out, not bore them!

Sexy, after Cannibal, do you think Im going to pick something off the wall? No.... I think most people will laugh and get a kick out of Hatchet... because it is a cheesy 2000s version of the cheesy 80's slashers....

My strong attachment would be to movies and music from my teens-the 80's.
Musically yes.. an 80's attachment.. Horror films.. late 60's and 70's...

Sexy, after Cannibal, do you think Im going to pick something off the wall? No.... I think most people will laugh and get a kick out of Hatchet... because it is a cheesy 2000s version of the cheesy 80's slashers....
OMG. Drop out already!

WTF Sexy??? You arent even participating....
No, but I'm browsing through threads. I have rights! I shouldn't have to see people nominating such obscene garbage!

Derek, did you seriously choose "Jeepers Creepers"?
Hell yeah !! one of my favorite horror

Though I am not a fan of slasher films , I would have to say Hatchet.

It made an impression on me and I am a 74 year old woman!

I guess I turn out as Mrs. Bates!

Let the night air cool you off
Okay, good news: I have all of the nominations!

I'll have this thing up and running by the end of the day!

Pieces is goofy fun.

The karate guy who pops up and then leaves for no real reason is one of the bet things in the history of cinema.

Wait! I wanna nominate. I've seen a bunch of the movies people are talking about.

No, nevermind. I don't really wanna nominate. I just get very excited when deadlines close.

SC !! enter and nominate Slumber Party Massacre ? I like that film
I love it but it won't win.

I love it but it won't win.
I nominate Jeepers Creepers... I perfectly know that it won't win but I love it and want people to see it for that

First half of the nominations:

Alice Sweet Alice (Alfred Sole, 1976) Nominated by
Ðèstîñy

Halloween (John Carpenter, 1978) Nominated by Swan

When I was thinking about what I would nominate, I was trying to decide if I should nominate Halloween - the quintessential and best slasher film to date - or go with something lesser-known. But when I pictured myself nominating something else, I felt like I was being a bit... blasphemous. Not only to the slasher genre, not only because it defines a slasher in every inkling of its being, but because it is one of those films that defines me, as a person. It has been there for my enjoyment for most of my life and has inspired me in many, many ways. It has influenced much of what I seek in cinema - effective simplicity, visceral horror, intelligence, passion, and overall, a good time. So it's a very personal nomination. On top of that, though, I simply think it deserves to win the first, maybe only, slasher hall of fame.

Christmas Evil (Lewis Jackson, 1980) Nominated by jiraffejustin

Okay, so hear me out. This is like an art-slasher or something. It's by far the most surreal slasher I've ever seen, and I think it's a misunderstood movie that really needs to be reexamined by cinephiles. John Waters is the biggest fan of the movie, in terms of fame x vocal support. He calls it the greatest Christmas movie of all-time. I don't really know what to say, it's a bizarre movie. I hope everybody will at least appreciate it on some level, because there's nothing else like it.

But most importantly, the main character looks like a combination of Bill Murray and Tommy Lee Jones.

Dressed to Kill (Brian De Palma, 1980) Nominated by BlueLion

Terror Train (Roger Spottiswoode, 1980) Nominated by cricket

I decided to go with a prototypical slasher from when I consider to be the golden age for these movies. It stars that era's scream queen and my all time favorite butterface, Jamie Lee Curtis. I think it's a movie that fits in perfectly with this Hall of Fame, and I think everyone will enjoy it.

The rest of the nominations:

Happy Birthday to Me (J. Lee Thompson, 1981) Nominated by honeykid

Silent Night, Deadly Night (Charles E. Sellier Jr., 1984) Nominated by nostromo87

Jason X (Jim Isaac, 2001) Nominated by Sane

Jeepers Creepers (Victor Salva, 2001) Nominated by Derek Vinyard

Hatchet (Adam Green, 2006) Nominated by MovieGal