Lets Talk Football

Tools    

We'll see. I'll not be holding my breathe just yet, nor believe it til next year's UEFA comps get underway, and Man City are not involved in either the Champions (sic) League or Europa League.

How lonhg will it take for an appeal to get ultimately be settled by, one assumes, FIFA or possibly even CAS? How will some of these other big money clubs, such as PSG and Real Madrid react? Will they circle the wagons with the other big money clubs that have likewise been fast and loose when it comes to FFP? Will this be the catalyst for another power group of self serving clubs to the detriment of all else and the sport as a whole, like the old G14 used to be? Indeed, is it because Man City were not part of the old G14 that they have been singled out for this? We'll see...

So City have been banned from European competition for 2 years!
Your curse worked 😆.

They have too much financial power now to be banned for this long. I reckon they will win the appeal, and would either be given a suspended sentence or a one season ban at the most.

But I am enjoying the meltdown over at Bluemoon forums. Some whoppers there are even suggesting that Liverpool was the force behind this ban. Daft morons.

But if the ban stays, then I totally expect Guardiola to leave, which would be hilarious.
The scouse mafia?
Yeah I think 1 season is more likely, if it's 2 then it really is a game changer. There's pundits predicting points deduction for next season too so we'll see. Look out PSG!!!!

City is done. PSG should be next...

Meanwhile, Portugal has the man responsible for all this behind bars...
I think the reason his behind bars is not entirely because of Portugal. It's like Assange. Outside pressures make there country of origin arrest them, in the case of Rui Pinto we don't know who, yet. Obviously he have a lot of information about high class corruption in Portugal, real corruption, not the kind that is sold by televisions owned by the authors of the corruption they sell to deviate attentions from others things going on during that time. Nowadays this type of people are probably, among high name terrorists the only type of people they lock and throw away the key, maybe because they are also the most effective kind of people to shake things up.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
City is done. PSG should be next...

Meanwhile, Portugal has the man responsible for all this behind bars...
I think the reason his behind bars is not entirely because of Portugal. It's like Assange. Outside pressures make there country of origin arrest them, in the case of Rui Pinto we don't know who, yet. Obviously he have a lot of information about high class corruption in Portugal, real corruption, not the kind that is sold by televisions owned by the authors of the corruption they sell to deviate attentions from others things going on during that time. Nowadays this type of people are probably, among high name terrorists the only type of people they lock and throw away the key, maybe because they are also the most effective kind of people to shake things up.
Interesting way to describe benfica xD

Tbh, I also hate the system that Hoffenheim uses... As with PSG, Chelsea, Man City, etc... It's pretty much the cancer of football.

Tbh, I also hate the system that Hoffenheim uses... As with PSG, Chelsea, Man City, etc... It's pretty much the cancer of football.
I think most German football fans strongly hate that.
It is how it should be. Fans are the most important entity of the club. They should be incharge.

Also worth noting that, atm anyway, it'll still be called Euro 2020 despite being held in 2021. I wonder if all that,(already made, stored and paid for) merchandise has anything to do with that?

I've not written on this thread for a long time now, but a couple of things. Although I don't think it would be fair or right, it would be hysterically funny if this season was just made void. As a United fan, Liverpool not being able to say they're champions and Leeds not promoted after so many years out of the Premier League would be one of the few things which could genuinely cheer me up atm.

Also worth noting that, atm anyway, it'll still be called Euro 2020 despite being held in 2021. I wonder if all that,(already made, stored and paid for) merchandise has anything to do with that?

I've not written on this thread for a long time now, but a couple of things. Although I don't think it would be fair or right, it would be hysterically funny if this season was just made void. As a United fan, Liverpool not being able to say they're champions and Leeds not promoted after so many years out of the Premier League would be one of the few things which could genuinely cheer me up atm.
Yeah, and in Portugal, FC Porto is 1 point ahead of benfica so now it'd be a nice time to stop the competition and let things the way they are.

A snowball probably has a bigger chance of surviving under a blazing sun in the desert than there is of the season being declared null and void.

Can understand it possibly if it was 3 games into the season, but not 30. But that is beside the point. If seasons is voided, then all of those contractual deals and payments already made have to be recalled. All those TV payments, season tickets, sponsorship deals and everything else that would have to be refunded or carried over to next season means a full years' income vanishing for clubs, and considering how very few have the capital reserves to survive such a hit, it would be not a surprise that less than 10% of clubs in the world could survive. So clubs would then have to hit/recall the player wages and bonuses that would have to be recalled, win and goal bonuses have to be all recalled, etc. It would be an endless war of litigation.

It is highly unlikely it will be anytime soon that there will be football, or any major sporting competition for that matter. Yet, as much as we all look forward to the day that football resumes, even if it is behind closed doors, these considerations do have to be put in perspective, and perhaps some notion of reality being restored. There are those on the frontline of battling this covid-19 crisis; the doctors, nurses, paramedics, scientists and emergency services are given their deserved recognition and rewarded accordingly. and perhaps the stupid money that is being spunked away on outrageous wage demands of footballers etc may be brought back a little to reality. But this is all for another day obviously.

Anyone else looking forward to tomorrow and seeing some actual, it's new and it matters, football? God bless the Germans for being German.

There won't be any fans there, so I don't even know if I'll last the whole game (probably not) as it's just too weird. I've seen a few internationals played behind closed doors and it's so different as to be distracting. The last United game I saw was behind closed doors in the Europa League and even then it was hard to stay interested in the whole game.

But it's been so long since I saw a game which mattered that I'm looking foward to it. How about you? Are there any Bundesliga fans here?

I watched the United's Europa League match. The empty stadium is like not watching a match at all. But I will give it a shot. Empty stadiums are herrendous. But this year it can be excused.

At this point I will watch the Somalian league if it's on TV.

I watched the United's Europa League match. The empty stadium is like not watching a match at all. But I will give it a shot. Empty stadiums are herrendous. But this year it can be excused.
I know, it's like watching a training match... Or a Pep team. Dull and very difficult to get involved with. For me, anyway. Still, nearly there.

Yeah. But the EPL date of June 1st is still up in the air isn't it?