Miss Congeniality

Tools    

I just got back home from seeing this flick. I enjoyed it. Thumbs up.

You liked it? Hmmm..
The previews of this movie made me NOT want to see it.
Maybe I'll give it a try....if I'm forced to.

Didn't see it.
My wife and I really wanted to see this one, and we did so tonight. It was very funny. It is the standard fish-out-of-water fare, but delightful nonetheless. We thought it was very entertaining, and the crowd seemed to agree with our assessment.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
I want to see this cause I just have a soft spot for Sandra Bullock, but I was a little wary about the goofiness they're adding. The fish out of water bit seems enough, but they kind of went too far (from what I saw in the trailer) with how bad she looked pre-makeover (ie, Love Potion #9), and then how clumsy she is ...

Haven't seen it yet; hopefully it won't be too bad.

kerplooie

Female assassin extraordinaire.
[red]POSSIBLE SPOLIERS![/red]
just saw it (christmas eve, eheheh) ... liked it! good stuff.

they (thankfully) didn't dwell too much on the benjamin bratt business ... didn't overdo the goofy (ok, well, a little, but enough where i could let it slide) and I laughed aloud (slightly) a couple of times. it's good they were realistic about bullock's breasts ... i'm trying to be indirect here so this isn't a spoiler ... and it's good in the end she uh ... doesn't get what it looks like she might get (to keep things realistic).

[Edited by TWTCommish on 12-26-2000]

Saw this today - just what I expected...maybe a bit funnier. Bullock played her role perfectly. I think the whole thing was her idea, seeing as how she Produced it.

Michael Caine was perfect...Bratt was what he needed to be, and William Shatner was hillarious.

This is easily my favorite Bullock movie of all.

She is so genuinely funny, it makes me wish she did more movies like this. I've never been a huge fan, but I don't dislike her either. Michael Caine is perfectly cast and Bratt is fun to watch as well.

***/****
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I did not really want to see the movie either my friends push me to go see it by forceing me in the movies but I liked it when I saw it I was laughing my head off!
It is really a woman's movie through I mean it is a movie that woman can understand better then man I think inleast to me that is how it is I don't know any boys who would see it and like it!But I would give it
Three stars and a half!Being that is it a good movie one that out of a few I find funny!Also Bulock is great for that kind of role!Good acting on your part Sandra!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

i actually thought that this was supprisingly good.
i think that sandra bullock played her part really well.
and i think that the film was different and i was actually interested to see what happened, whereas in other films i just get bored.
cazz
x

Put me in your pocket...
I think my favorite movie with Sandra Bullock is still While You Were Sleeping, but she was awfully adorable in Miss Congeniality. I loved Michael Caine and Candice Bergman in this also. Lots of fun.

My favorite parts were...

...the transformation...
...playing the water glasses and looking so cute in her bavarian costume...then diving through the crowd to stop someone she thought had a gun.
...taking the other contestants out dancing and drinking to pry information out of them and discovered she was actually learning to like them.
...her impromptu talent part of the competion when the girls drank her water and used Ben Bratt to show self defense.