Movie Watching Plan! Read!

→ in
Tools    

[red]Here's an idea:[/red] I've heard on other forums that people get together in communities like this and they schedule days where they all go watch a classic they've never seen, and then they go discuss it!

Anyone up for this? I was hoping maybe half a dozen of us or so could get together for this. We'd have to come up with a common list of classics we havn't seen, and then watch them, and review them here.

This idea came from another group of people online who made a point to watch EVERY film listed in AFI's Top 100 Films of All-Time.

I was thinking this could become an annual deal even - although we'd run out of classics and have to try other films at some point.

Who's in?

[Edited by TWTCommish on 12-02-2000]

Hmmmmmmm, that seems really cool to do, i would probably do it as long as the movies weren't some mushy gooey romance crap. I dont' necicarelly (gol dangit i can spell that @#$^& word!) know that i'll be able to watch it the same time as u all cause it would require my parents taking me down to the movie store. and also they probably couldn't be R, but otherwise (or does that eliminate all of them?) I'm in i think ;-o -Brian

Most old flicks are suitable for all ages. "Schindler's List" has an awful lot of nudity, but it's not the kind you see in R-rated movies - in fact it was shown on network television, since it's pratically an educational film, and it's there to convey a point.

Yeah, I think this is going to be a lot of fun - and it's an incentive to see those movies we all know we SHOULD see.

Oh, and I think it's spelled "necessarily."

Can I be in too? It sounds like fun.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm game, just as long as the movie(s) arn't boring.

I'm in, too.

I'm in, although good luck picking a classic I haven't seen =)

I'm with Jake...not much out there I haven't seen, but it sounds fun.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i'm in, though i agree i've seen a lot of them ...

So, should we name the first movie to watch now? Maybe come up with a list or something?

Thanks for the reminder, Rodney. Alright, let's see if we can find something no one has seen here. Here's what I have yet to see:

The Maltese Falcon *
The Godfather (any of them)
Citizen Kane *
Gone With the Wind *

The three with "*"'s afterwards are ones where I'm at least fairly sure I know something significant about the plot/ending already, so it's mildly tainted.

FYI: I hate to be rude, but if we get to the point where we have a movie that one person out of, say, 6 or 7 of us has seen, we'll probably have to watch it anyway. It's unlikely we'll be able to find one we all have yet to see.

But hey: that person or two can still re-watch it and comment! I'm sure ALL of us involved will have to re-watch something and comment at some point.

I haven't seen:

Casablanca
On the Water Front
Lawrence of Arabia
Some Like It Hot
North By Northwest
2001: A Space Oddesey

I haven't seen any of the ones on your list either. And I haven't seen any of the Charlie Chapline movies.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
from those two lists, I haven't seen:

The Maltese Falcon
Gone With the Wind
On the Water Front
Lawrence of Arabia
North By Northwest
2001: A Space Oddesey

Though I've seen clips from several of them that doesn't count ...
________

Hoowah!

So far I've seen everything mentioned, but I'm still game...lol.

Alright, here's who we've got:

[red]
Rodney (Rodney)
xboxfan (Brian)
TWTCommish (Chris)
sunfrog (???)
OG- (Peter)
ryanpaige (Ryan)
Jake 3:16 (Jake)
Laurie L (Laurie)
thmilin (Miriam)
[/red]

Wow, 9 people! That's enough for me. If anyone else wants to join it just go ahead and post/say so.

Anyway, here are a few movies I propose we watch this coming Saturday (Saturday, USA time - any timezone is cool). I was thinking we'd watch them around lunch time in our respective time zones, and post our thoughts at dinner.

Anyone like any of these?:

[red]
The Maltese Falcon
Casablanca
North By Northwest
Some Like It Hot
[/red]

Alright, I think we should allow each person to cast two votes - the idea is to find a movie most of us have not seen, or not in a while. Laurie, unfortunatly, has seen everything.

My two votes go for North By Northwest, and Some Like It Hot. The one that gets the most we'll watch, and 2nd place we'll watch next (week or two later, I'm assuming).

Cast your vote! I'll be creating a new thread to post comments in the day of the watchin'.

My two votes would be for North by Northwest and Some Like It Hot as well.

I'll vote for North By Northwest and Some Like It Hot, too.