How Important Is Popcorn?

Tools    

How Important Is Popcorn? For me, popcorn is part of watching a movie in the theatres - something is clearly missing without it. If not for the popcorn, I wouldn't see as many movies in the theatres as I currently do.

I think you know what I voted for.

I only get popcorn at the movies when I go with my kids. It is very rare that I get it when I go to the movies any other time. I like popcorn (well, I like movie popcorn. I don't like the microwave popcorn or anything like that), but it's not essential for me to have it when I go to the theater.

Plus, I've decided to boycott the snack bar since they refuse to serve Dr. Pepper. The beverage was created just down the road from me, and yet United Artists can't be bothered to serve Dr. Pepper in their theaters locally.

Didn't see it.
BLASPHEMER!!!!

Just kidding. I get popcorn and a Coke (and usually Milk Duds) at every movie I go to--even when I eat dinner first.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I use to love it, don't get it much now. I usually get an icey thing though. The blue kind.

I can do without popcorn but soda is a must!
Movies make me instantly thirsty. I don't know why.
Maybe they do something to the ventilation system and remove all the moisture so people get dry. Who knows.

I think that popcorn is nice to have while your watching a movie, but I usually don't get it though.

I can't watch a flick without a drink, but I never get any popcorn. Never had a taste for it. Every once in a while I may get nachos, but that's just for the peppers...lol.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

MovieForums Extra
Well, for me it's kida different. I've had some varied experiences with popcorn, a few of them involved little kids throwing it at me and everyone else in the theatre, and by the time they were stopped, I missed a significant portion of the movie!

Also, our theatres (in Australia) pride themselves in making a 400% profit on popcorn, and they usually put butter in it which makes it taste a bit crappy!

Thirdly, it makes you very thirsty and you have to take a drink with you, which usually kicks in halfway through the movie, so you have to skip accross laps, run to the mens room, and run back

I prefer M&M's instead!!

I almost always get popcorn at the movies, and load up on the butter. In all honesty, sometimes I look forward to going to the movies just so I can get a bag of popcorn. The only time I don't get popcorn, actually, is when I go out to eat beforehand and am too stuffed.

Popcorn at the movies is bad for you. I wish they served steak at the movies.

Originally posted by PooPooMaster
Popcorn at the movies is bad for you. I wish they served steak at the movies.
Well, as Woody Allen once said, everything good in life is either immoral, illegal or fattening.

Pass the popcorn!

And that's what makes us humans! HaHa lol!

I must become Caligari..!
MMMMMMMMM Junior Mints
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I See You When You're Sleeping
The conflict for me when I go the cinema is whether to have a large , sweet flavoured box of popcorn or a tray of nachos with cheesey, salsa and chilli dip.

Someone just thought "have both!"

I love cinema food, it's so bad!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by FL Tiger
Well, as Woody Allen once said, everything good in life is either immoral, illegal or fattening.
There's a great spanish song that says the same. World sentiments

Popcorn is for venerating the native indians in a traditional fasion. Oh, no, wait....um, maybe it's a modern sacrificial substitute to remember past over-consumption? (people seem to scatter it everywhere after all - blessed be this cinema - may it be full of pop and sweet endings )

Do you know my poetry?
I never buy a drink, popcorn, I have never bought anything during seeing a movie.I think it takes away from the movie, I go to the theater to see a film, not to eat popcorn or drink soda.

My life isn't written very well.
Originally Posted by Golgot
(people seem to scatter it everywhere after all - blessed be this cinema - may it be full of pop and sweet endings )
Oh Gg, may your movie-going experience always be as deliciously modified as your popped corn!

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Lets put a smile on that block
Popped Corn is a definate must! Its the unofficial national symbol for the cinema i feel. American snacks are so much better than english though. Ill still buy the poppy corn over here but its ludicrously expensive and tastes like stale bread with sugar on. I saw Prates of the Carribean yesterday and it was £5.50 to get in and £3.90 for a large popcorn!! So expensive.

The best cinema would serve it fresh...or like you americans do, covered in butter so its nice and soft and the stale cardboard taste is unnoticeable!

But ive alwasy found a strange and scary reaction when i go to the cinema and have my snacks. It seems that when i devour my condiments of Poppycorn (Sweet, normally medium sized) with a (large) Pepsi, somekind of chemical occurance takes place within me and i get extreme wind. I mean if i wasnt sitting down for like 2 hours i think my jeans would have rotted away, instead my supressed GUFFS build up to imense pressure which i then find easiest to release during the loud noised credit sequences at the end. However, if the credit sequence is silent or quiet...fear arrives. if this is the case, i must perform the three R's -
Release - Rech - and Run.

Does anyone alse have this problem?

I See You When You're Sleeping
nope, I've never had THAT problem.......

Does anyone eat all the goodies before the movie actually starts?

The trailers make me so hungry.

I hate popcorn at the movies. All that damn CHOMPING!!! I mean, if you ever want to have a movie theatre experience at home, just wind up some chattering teeth while you try to watch a movie. It's the same thing. Case closed.