7) Kamikaze Girls
8) After Life

Almost exactly as they came out

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Prediction for top three:
1. Harakiri
2. High and Low
3. The Third Murder
High and Low MAY take this. I'm pretty happy to have made it to the top 3. AND with one that was a first time watch when deciding on a movie!

1. Harakiri
2. High and Low
3. The Third Murder
I'm rooting for the opposite order asThe Third Murder is the only one from my top three that's still alive.

The first three to be revealed were the ones I had the hardest time ranking on my list. I knew my top three, as well as my bottom two, but numbers 4-6 really could've gone in any order. I ultimately had After Life fourth, A Hen in the Wind fifth, and Kamikaze Girls sixth.

Though I'm not personally a fan, I'm surprised Nausicaä didn't place higher since its a beloved film. I appreciate Miyazaki as an artist and visionary, but for some reason I just can't get into most of his films. I did like Nausicaä more than some of his other work, but it was also the only nomination I couldn't watch in one sitting; I had to walk away and take a break. I thought it would be my #8 film but I ranked it higher than Hana-bi because of its stellar soundtrack.

Hana-bi was last on my list, but that doesn't mean I dislike the film. There's a lot about it that I find interesting, and as I was writing my review I found myself growing fonder of its eccentricities. However it ended up being another example of appreciating a film more than I actually enjoy watching it.

The trick is not minding
Man, I wish I had been aware of these a bit earlier. I would have loved this.
I know there had been talk about a South Korean HOF, and I’d love to join that one as well. I’ve been on a South Korean cinema kick lately and have enjoyed what I’ve seen so far. Oldboy was amazing, for example.

1. Harakiri
2. High and Low
3. The Third Murder
High and Low MAY take this. I'm pretty happy to have made it to the top 3. AND with one that was a first time watch when deciding on a movie!
I'm rooting for the opposite order asThe Third Murder is the only one from my top three that's still alive.
and I do believe that covers the spread lol

The first three to be revealed were the ones I had the hardest time ranking on my list. I knew my top three, as well as my bottom two, but numbers 4-6 really could've gone in any order. I ultimately had After Life fourth, A Hen in the Wind fifth, and Kamikaze Girls sixth.

Though I'm not personally a fan, I'm surprised Nausicaä didn't place higher since its a beloved film. I appreciate Miyazaki as an artist and visionary, but for some reason I just can't get into most of his films. I did like Nausicaä more than some of his other work, but it was also the only nomination I couldn't watch in one sitting; I had to walk away and take a break. I thought it would be my #8 film but I ranked it higher than Hana-bi because of its stellar soundtrack.

Hana-bi was last on my list, but that doesn't mean I dislike the film. There's a lot about it that I find interesting, and as I was writing my review I found myself growing fonder of its eccentricities. However it ended up being another example of appreciating a film more than I actually enjoy watching it.
I was also surprised by Nausicaä's placement. I thought it would rank higher for the same reason.
Same for Hen in the Wind, though I did had it lower in my ranking, not out of dislike, it was the first Ozu film that truly kept me enrapt throughout.
Rather enjoyed that there were a number of revelations in regards to directors, for me, in this HoF.
And I get what you're saying about Hana bi; my appreciation grew during research and in retrospect even more than during my viewing. Though I am pretty certain I'll be rewatching it - especially with my roommate who's also a big Takeshi fan.

I know there had been talk about a South Korean HOF, and I’d love to join that one as well. I’ve been on a South Korean cinema kick lately and have enjoyed what I’ve seen so far. Oldboy was amazing, for example.
I got into South Korean films about 6 yrs ago and have been amazed with what I've seen.
And yeah, whenever someone mentions SK, Oldboy is usually mentioned, for good reason.

Yeah Nausicaa was my #2 so yeah I'm a little shocked at it's low final spot. I don't think I really recall my other rankings but I know I enjoyed that one.

I wish I would've joined this too. When anime was mentioned I figured this would end up being mostly anime which I'm not really a fan of. But I see the noms looked really cool! So good choices everyone. I'll skip a Korean HoF I've not liked much of what I've seen so far.

The trick is not minding
I wish I would've joined this too. When anime was mentioned I figured this would end up being mostly anime which I'm not really a fan of. But I see the noms looked really cool! So good choices everyone. I'll skip a Korean HoF I've not liked much of what I've seen so far.
I grew up on anime, so I wouldn’t have been fine with it. But it isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. Nevertheless, I’m Surprised by only one being nominated.
I’ve watched plenty of Japanese films, especially Kurosawa films. But I have yet to see High and Low. Such a lost opportunity 🙁
Next time.

I grew up on anime, so I wouldn’t have been fine with it. But it isn’t for everyone, that’s for sure. Nevertheless, I’m Surprised by only one being nominated.
I’ve watched plenty of Japanese films, especially Kurosawa films. But I have yet to see High and Low. Such a lost opportunity 🙁
Next time.
The funny thing is the one anime that I love and have wanted to see again is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Next time.
The funny thing is the one anime that I love and have wanted to see again is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
And Spirited Away, you liked that one too right?

Yes, I did! And I'd probably like more anime if it was like those two. I haven't seen much but most of the themes didn't appeal to me.

Yes, I did! And I'd probably like more anime if it was like those two. I haven't seen much but most of the themes didn't appeal to me.
I’ll probably nominate more in the future in general HoFs. I have a feeling you’ll like most of Miyazaki’s films, he’s a director with as much of a stamp as Tarantino or Scorsese or anybody, and in my top ten of all time.

I’ll probably nominate more in the future in general HoFs. I have a feeling you’ll like most of Miyazaki’s films, he’s a director with as much of a stamp as Tarantino or Scorsese or anybody, and in my top ten of all time.
Cool, I would look forward to that. I don't hate anime btw and it's nice to see diversity in the general HoFs too.

The trick is not minding
Cool, I would look forward to that. I don't hate anime btw and it's nice to see diversity in the general HoFs too.
Princess Mononoke is a must see as well