Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I'll rate 9/10 the movie Pursuit of Happiness by Will Smith

IT (2017)

Probably not the most well made movie this year, but its the one I had the most fun watching, I had a grin ear to ear at the very beginning out of pure excitement. I feel like this is about as good an adaptation of a book the size of a bible could be, and Bill Skarsgård knocks it out of the park bringing such a memorable and disturbing take on Pennywise to screen, the guy had the look, the laugh, the voice. He brought such a presence and stole every scene he was in(duh), which really got me wishing we had gotten more of him in contrast to the other forms IT takes as they stood out as being significantly less interesting and refined. I loved the little things about him like how his eyes would randomly go cross eyed, or he'd just let drool slobber down his chin paying no mind because, why would he? He's an inter-dimensional fear monster, he has no idea people like, maintain that. The kids were great, the movie wouldn't have worked so well without them being able to bounce off of each other so well, and most got ample screen time with the exception of the character Mike, who had literally nothing to do in this movie. I liked their way of incorporating the deadlights. Man, I enjoyed it a heck of a lot. There's a little ramble. I'll give it a 5 because it did what I wanted it to and more so even if it wasn't brilliant it did more than I wanted it to. WHY NOT!

Whatever you send out, you get back times three
THE CRAFT (1996)

90s karma witch movie

Rating:
+ 6.5 / 10

She probably doesn't have any powers, anyway

Child of God (2013)

I barely give this a passing grade and wouldn't recommend it to most others. It's the depravity of it that kept me interested and also a great performance from Scott Haze. He plays an almost animal like man who lives in the woods on the outskirts of a small town. To say he is sick would be an understatement. Despite the movie being decent for me, I am not at all impressed with James Franco as a director.

Welcome to the human race...
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever -

Trying to decide if I want to bump this up a notch because on the one hand it's too boring to deserve the infamy of a 0.5/5 but on the other hand it's so boring that a 1/5 feels like I'm being too nice to it. Decisions, decisions...

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Night On Earth - 8/10

Thanks you, TCM... Movie about a taxi driver in 5 big cities around the world, and life. With my favorite actress, Gena Rowlands, and one of my favorite actors with Matti Pellonpaa.
I love this movie. It's propably my favourite film of Jarmusch. The best part is with Roberto Benigni, IMO

It isn't my favourite Lasse Hallstroms movie but it's decent.
I liked that one, it's a nice little film. I believe I gave it the same rating as you did.

What other Lasse Hallstroms films have you seen? I've seen a few of his and liked them all, so maybe you can recommend something?

I've seen these already:
My Life as a Dog
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Chocolat
The Cider House Rules
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
The Hundred-Foot Journey

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I love this movie. It's propably my favourite film of Jarmusch. The best part is with Roberto Benigni, IMO
Do you like Aki Kaurismaki? Jarmusch has had a few cameos in his movies, and Matti Pellonpaa (taxi driver in Helsinki) worked on Aki and his brother Mika on 19 movies, even though he died at 44...

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Outstanding! Definitely going on my rewatch list.

Do you like Aki Kaurismaki? Jarmusch has had a few cameos in his movies, and Matti Pellonpaa (taxi driver in Helsinki) worked on Aki and his brother Mika on 19 movies, even though he died at 44...
Not really, to be honest. I've seen Le Havre with Kaurismaki. I enjoyed it

I liked that one, it's a nice little film. I believe I gave it the same rating as you did.

What other Lasse Hallstroms films have you seen? I've seen a few of his and liked them all, so maybe you can recommend something?

I've seen these already:
My Life as a Dog
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Chocolat
The Cider House Rules
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
The Hundred-Foot Journey
I've seen Dear John and Casanova with Ledger yet.
Casanova is better than Dear John, but not as good as Chocolate or Gilbert Grape. I would like to see The Cider House Rules.

I've just read that will be playing Aki Kaurismakis "Toivon tuolla puolen" in polish cinemas. Have you seen it already?

It (2017)

I really enjoyed this one. However I can't help but think about the comedy/humor that was both a good and bad thing for this movie. The dialogue between the kids were at times hilarious, and some of the jokes had the whole theater laughing. However, I can't help but think that this isn't a great "horror" movie because there was a little TOO much comic relief. This movie falls into the modern trend of movies today that, even though they're not comedies, they try to make you laugh every 2-3 minutes. For that I consider it more of a horror-comedy like Gremlins or Krampus (which both I like, don't get me wrong) as opposed to some of the straight-up horror classics like The Shining and Halloween. It does has its scary parts, but like I said there was so much comic relief that it even started to leak into the scary parts and would literally take me out of "horror mode".

All in all, it's definitely worth checking out, I just felt like I needed to ramble about that a bit.