I'm Leaving/I'm coming back

Tools    

Holy crap that sucks, Matt.
I think it was my next door neighbor...When I said I was calling the police, she said "Wesley has to leave then, he has warrants out for his arrest" - she told me months ago he broke into the storage facility down the road. He also cuts my grass, and I just noticed the lock on the cellar isn't there.
If Wesley is still gone from the next door house, could you knock on their door and if someone answers, walk on in and look for your stuff? Just an idea, maybe a bad idea... so don't get killed or anything over merchandise.
The police said they'd come to any other place, except Flint.
Do you live alone? If possible get the hell out of there! I know you've traveled around the world so you're probably good at improvising and finding another place to stay. I'd do it if I was you. Best of luck, and main thing is be safe!

That's terrible Matt, and that's not a good feeling. I was surprised when you first said you lived there. I would get out of there, even with nothing.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Her son lives with her. My cousin came over, but I'm sure it's not there anyway.

As for moving, after being foreclosed on, being evicted, it's amazing I found a place here, took me such a long time to find this, but because this is the absolute worst city in the US, some landlords don't even ask for ID, let alone a credit check, so I'm stuck here until I'm evicted. I also live alone, but I don't plan on leaving much.

Yeah, sounds completely awful man sorry

The police said they'd come to any other place, except Flint.
I know Flint is one of if not the most dangerous city in the US but how is this even allowed to happen?

Yeah, sounds completely awful man sorry

I know Flint is one of if not the most dangerous city in the US but how is this even allowed to happen?
Same reason we have poisoned water (still).. If you are poor in America, you don't count. The cops don't care - I wish I could have recorded all the calls.

****, Matt... so sorry to hear about this.

Damned scum in this world. I don't get how they can live in their homes surrounded by stolen stuff. Must be an empty life they lead if they think that because they want something they can just take it. How the hell can they have any pride in what they have when its all robbed?

I had my motorbike stolen and was told the same thing by the cops. I went out in the street with a sword searching for them as I knew that they had to have wheeled it away. Cops weren't pleased when they found me but hey, they weren't interested so I was going to sort it myself.

This kind of crap makes me so angry.

You know, the cops told you straight from their mouths that they're not interested, then I hope you find out who it was. Go all Law Abiding Citizen on him. I ****ing would.

Jesus, that's terrible news. I hope that taco bender gets run over by a truck! Life really kicks you in the balls sometimes. Keep your chin up buddy.

It's very hard to keep the chin up when the negatives of life outweigh the positives. But I appreciate it, and every other messages from here. I went through some crazy stuff a few days ago. I let everyone know to never come over unannounced. My mom came over for a stinkin' $10 coupon. Then, she locked me in, and had to break into my house. I'm sure whoever broke in heard it and thought "If he can break in, so can I."

I keep finding things that are gone. I wanted to smoke some ganja, gone.. Seems like someone was in here for hours. I want to go see my sister tomorrow, since she'll probably be due in a few hours, but I'm not leaving my house....

I've been homeless before, and I feel it coming. I feel like vomiting. Life didn't get lower than that, especially being homeless here in Flint.

Ok Matt, we all hope for the best for you here, but the fact that you only have 75 cents to your name has nothing to do with being robbed of a bunch of items you can live without. If you're not working, you need to be. If there's no work in Flint, leave. Get an entry level job at McDonald's. If you have no wife or kids to support, you're not in that bad of shape. But..., you need to have your head on straight-no drugs or alcohol. And seriously, shave that crap off your face and head so you can stop looking like a homeless person. People will look at you differently, and maybe a change will make you feel differently and give you a more positive outlook. If the only thing keeping you in Flint is a craphole apartment, find a way to get enough money to get a bus ticket, a couple weeks worth of white rice, and get the hell out of that hellhole. Get into a shelter in a safe neighborhood and find any stinking job job that will help you survive. Then you go from there. A smart, healthy, and capable man can do a lot when he's not tied down or wanted by the police. My parents and I lived at the Salvation Army shelter for several months after we moved from Chicago to Boston about 30 years ago. It's all about keeping your head together and making good decisions. You can do it

Awful, I can't imagine having my prized possessions stolen. Hang in there man.

Prayers for you, Matt.

And I hope Karma will exercise some justice on your behalf. Often times the greatest adversities end up leading to the most positive and unexpected of changes, as long as you keep your eyes & heart open for them.

I know you probably can't do it now, but you should follow up on the police refusing to respond thing. Awareness of that needs to be raised to a higher office, even if they're already aware. Not to get into the whole Police Public Relations thing going on now, but since people pay taxes (in a variety of forms) protection is supposed to be provided to everyone.

Awful to hear Matt, so sorry for you - I'd be getting out of that craphole at the first opportunity myself.

da*m that's awful man... sorry for you buddy

Same reason we have poisoned water (still).. If you are poor in America, you don't count. The cops don't care - I wish I could have recorded all the calls.
I was watching an episode of The Boondocks last night. In it the grandad opened up a restaraunt in a nice area but the people ended up addicted to his food, so they started robbing people in the area for money to buy his food. Anyway the grandad was mugged and when he goes to phone the police Huey points out to him that the police won't come here now because it is a bad neighbourhood now. It made me think of what happened to you and that i know i've seen this sort of thing brought up in US media (meaning movies/shows not the news) before but it was something i always thought of as a joke or an overexaggeration.

Don't know, to me it just sounds like something you couldn't imagine actually happening in a country like the US. The police refusing to come to your area i mean, not robberies obviously. Think it shows me how sheltered i actually am and i don't realize or appreciate it enough.

I am leaving due to technical reasons, I don't know if or when I'll be back. Time to let this account age like a fine wine.

I am leaving due to technical reasons, I don't know if or when I'll be back. Time to let this account age like a fine wine.
Dude?!

I hope your technical reasons get sorted and you return.

Unregistered User
Heading to Iceland in a couple of days for some Northern Lights and whale watching so I wont be on here until the New Year more than likely. Happy New Year and all that to everyone.