Harrison Ford
Jim Carey
Julia Roberts
Angelina Jolie
Hugh Grant (cant stand him!)
Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise (only like him in top gun)
Brad Pitt?

Have you seen Fight Club, Snatch or Twelve Monkeys? Brad Pitt can be really amazing.

Mathew McConaughey

Owen Wilson

Matthew McConaughey is overrated? I hardly see him getting any recognition.
Though I don't care much for him, he's pretty good in non-comedy roles..

christian bale i love be he is abit overrated.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I hate to say it, but to me, Heath Ledger is overrated. I mean he's great, yes, don't get me wrong, he's had a few really good roles, but is he a brilliant as everyone says? No, not really. But he died, so now we kiss his butt. Ok, that sounds harsh, but that doesn't make it any less true.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I hate to say it, but to me, Heath Ledger is overrated. I mean he's great, yes, don't get me wrong, he's had a few really good roles, but is he a brilliant as everyone says? No, not really. But he died, so now we kiss his butt. Ok, that sounds harsh, but that doesn't make it any less true.
I'll agree with you on that. If he wouldn't have died he wouldn't have won that Oscar for Batman.

OK, I'm gonna say this one more time. Heath Ledger was a good actor. That's it. Good, not great. Give it another 10 years and he'll probably only be remembered for the bloody Batman role.

In short, Heath is hugely overrated atm.

These guys get my vote:

Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Angelina Jolie
Heath Ledger
Johnny Depp

Not that they're bad, because most of them are/were good, and I've enjoyed several of their films. I just feel their reputations are somewhat overblown.

For me:
1)Josh Hartnett
2)Riccardo Scamarcio
3)Tom Cruise
4)Nicholas Cage
5)Monica Bellucci (?? she is an actress???)

Monica Bellucci for sure. But, damn, is she ever fine. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Meryl Streep. She is an amazing performer, and I will always go out to see her perform but she doesn't always "act." Most of the time Streep is just out there being Streep and is consistently given the Oscar nod.

I am in no way saying that Streep is a Josh Hartnett or a Matthew Fox, she is dazzling on screen. The name of this thread is "overrated" after all. Who really thinks Hartnett is that great of an actor anyway?

And so the flaming begins...

I agree with this except I have no idea what Moonlighting is.
Don't let CQ hear about this

Ben Affleck

Jonathan Rhys Meyers.

Also I probably spelled his name wrong.

How overrated can she be if you don't even know that she's an actress?
Of course that she is considered an actress unfortunately ..was ironic..

Please explain.. & also mention the references as to who overrates him.
Coz I hardly see him getting any recognition.
I think he has a single expression and he his a very normal boy... have you ever seen Pearl Harbor or The Black Dahlia?

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I think I agree with most everyon'es lists so far. Tom Cruise would top my list. Period.

I think he has a single expression and he his a very normal boy... have you ever seen Pearl Harbor or The Black Dahlia?
& this is your definition of being Overrated?

Overrated would be actors like Seth Rogen, Russell Brand who get far more attention then they deserve..
Seth Rogen is a jerk, yet he appears in so many movies.
Russell Brand is tolerable, but gets far too much hype & attention than he deserves.

Few more:
Michael Cera & Jesse Eisenberg.
These guys fit the the description you have given above for Hartnett.

So, compared to all these guys Hartnett is underrated & far superior.