RIP Angela Lansbury

Tools    

I’ll wager most people have no idea she was British.

I looked her up after rewatching Beauty and the Beast years ago. She's also in another childhood favorite, Anastasia.

I'm eternally grateful for the Irish side of me. That's where I got my sense of comedy and whimsy. As for the English half–that's my reserved side*... But put me onstage, and the Irish comes out. The combination makes a good mix for acting.

- Angela Lansbury

I guess the one good thing that came out of the blitz, Lansbury and 60 other children from London were evacuated to Montreal, Quebec, from there she went to New York and the rest is history.

There's a shot in here of James Garner with an actress who I suspect is not Lansbury? I know Garner and Lansbury were in Mister Buddwing together but are you are that actress in the shot you posted is Lansbury?

For some reason I really like it that when an older celebrity dies, one that is mostly famous for their work in their older age, you get to see all the photos of them when they were younger and you realize: they were beautiful! I'd never seen them in that light! And so on. That always makes me really happy for some reason.

Wonderful talent. Rest in peace.

We are all Britons and I am your king.

For some reason I really like it that when an older celebrity dies, one that is mostly famous for their work in their older age, you get to see all the photos of them when they were younger and you realize: they were beautiful! I'd never seen them in that light! And so on. That always makes me really happy for some reason.

Wonderful talent. Rest in peace.
Going off-topic, but when QEII just passed many many people didn’t realize how beautiful she was when she was younger. And then they saw all the old photos of her.

RIP angela Lansbury. She is great person.