Vice (2018 Cheney Biopic)

Tools    

Check out the casting/transformations:

Christian Bale as Cheney:

Sam Rockwell as George W. Bush:

Amy Adams as Lynne Cheney:

Steve Carrell as Donald Rumsfeld:

This might just do nobody any good.
Wowed by the work done to make Bale up but Rockwell’s “uh huh” might be the best part (something fed by my perception of W.)

Oh my goodness, why is this poor man still torturing himself? What have we created?

For a second, I thought this was a bleak post-innocence exposé on Shoenice.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He has the Cheney mannerisms down.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I LOVE Sam Rockwell as George W Bush. He's better than the guy who played him in W.

Funny how I'm looking forward to seeing this. I didn't like W. Bush or Cheney, but seeing how extreme things have become now, they look like voices of reason and I almost miss them.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the human race...
Can't say I'm surprised by that revelation, aronisred.

I'm interested enough in this, will be interesting to see how it compares to The Big Short, though - especially when it comes to how much comedy they put into it (or don't).

I’m looking forward to Vice.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Damnit Yoda. I came here to be the Decider!

Him and Gosling in movies this fall, thank you.

Digging that Chevy Chase-looking thumbnail.

My buddy sent me the link and at first glance I couldn't figure out why he was sending a Chevy Chase vid.

I don't know how much is makeup and how much is the actors, but these people really bear a strong resemblance. Rocks Well, Bale, and Carrell could almost pass as these people. F'in Rumsfeld man.

I can't wait to see this!

I see a whole bunch of Oscars coming this movie's way.

Sam Rockwell, Christian Bale, Steve Carrell, and Amy Adams will undoubtedly knock it out of the park in their performances.

I can see Bale and Rockwell or Carrell winning in the Actor and Supporting Actor categories, possibly making Rockwell the third actor in history to win back-to-back Oscars. Carrell is long overdue for an Oscar, so it could go to him. Bale looks extremely convincing as Cheney, especially with the added weight. I say just give him the Oscar already.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Watched the trailer again to see if they prefaced with "from the guy who brought you Stepbrothers and Talledega Nights."

At the end I noticed my favorite kid assasin, Jesse Plemmons is in it. Unnamed role as far as I can tell.

Who could he be?

Is he out of his mind ?

Doesn't he know that it is next to impossible for overwhelmingly democratic Hollywood to give best actor for the role of Darth Vader himself Dick Cheney no matter how good he plays the role?

Every male actor transformation except Raging Bull and Last king of Scotland was done for a sympathetic role. But even those roles and that of Charlize Theron don't effect US directly.
So why did bale undergo such insane transformation ?