MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

And it's not picking on mobile phones per say. I've seen old movies from the 1930s-40s where a 'book worm' person attends a party and sets all night in the corner reading a book.
I've been saying for years that ubiquitous habitual cell phone use is the new smoking. But at least smokers can interact with you while they're puffing!..

This is one sad image.
I had to check to make sure the dog did not have a phone.

Three little goslings in the park yesterday. Thatís all Iíve seen this year. Hope to see baby ducklings tomorrow in a much bigger park. Maybe some more goslings too.

(Stock photo)
Nice day today & quite a few goslings in the park. No ducklings because they are so tiny they are very vulnerable in the water below & from above.

Did see a wild turkey though who was serenely walking around the park as though he owned it. This was a first.

(Stock photo)

Three little goslings in the park yesterday. Thatís all Iíve seen this year. Hope to see baby ducklings tomorrow in a much bigger park. Maybe some more goslings too.

(Stock photo)
Which is Ryan?

Did see a wild turkey though who was serenely walking around the park as though he owned it. This was a first.

(Stock photo)
I'd have thought it looked more like this in the park>

Which is Ryan?

I'd have thought it looked more like this in the park>
Which is Ryan has gone right over my head. Explain please.

Finally one little family of 9 ducklings in the park. So tiny & vulnerable, itís amazing they survive at all. So cute.

(Stock photo)

I've been substituting flavored seltzer for my craving for soda.
I normally drink straight bottled water but when I'm in the mood for something a little sweet I consume some Propel flavored water (made by Gatorade). Mmmm.

Is it just me, or is everyone a bit down, even here? Iím glancing through the latest posts and everything seems very doom and gloom. Then again, it must be in the eye of the beholder. At times I honestly feel worried for some people here.

Any positivity tips?

*cue hysterical laugh*

Is it just me, or is everyone a bit down, even here? Iím glancing through the latest posts and everything seems very doom and gloom. Then again, it must be in the eye of the beholder. At times I honestly feel worried for some people here.

Any positivity tips?

*cue hysterical laugh*
LOL, you canít leave a comment like that & walk away. Now everyone is thinking ďDoes she mean me?Ē

LOL, you canít leave a comment like that & walk away. Now everyone is thinking ďDoes she mean me?Ē
No, dear friend, I did not mean you.

(I know, I know, Iím in a sarky mood myself).

It genuinely never occured to me she could mean me.

Positivity tips? Smile. Even about nothing. Just smile until it starts to work or your cheeks hurt.

Positivity tips? Smile. Even about nothing. Just smile until it starts to work or your cheeks hurt.
Thank you! I do try to practise that one as much as possible.

Trouble with a capital "T"

I once seen a TV documentary about the human mind and emotions. One segment included a technique for breaking the 'blues'. The technique is to clear one's mind, like mediation, and only allow yourself to think positive and happy thoughts. When negative thoughts and emotions pop up immediately stop thinking about them. One literally fakes being happy like a method actor would. If that's done for a period of time, the hormones and brain chemistry begin to change as strong negative emotions create different chemistry in our bodies vs the chemistry created by being happy. One has to be able to control their own thoughts. I've done it and it works, but I've told a number of people about it and they either don't believe it or don't try it. But it does work.

I once seen a TV documentary about the human mind and emotions. One segment included a technique for breaking the 'blues'. The technique is to clear one's mind, like mediation, and only allow yourself to think positive and happy thoughts. When negative thoughts and emotions pop up immediately stop thinking about them. One literally fakes being happy like a method actor would. If that's done for a period of time, the hormones and brain chemistry begin to change as strong negative emotions create different chemistry in our bodies vs the chemistry created by being happy. One has to be able to control their own thoughts. I've done it and it works, but I've told a number of people about it and they either don't believe it or don't try it. But it does work.
Variations on a theme: songs have been written about this idea. The simplest being about the act of counting your blessings when you can't sleep (as a way to steer your thoughts in a positive direction).

One of the best known is this one that appeared in the movie White Christmas...

That's fair, but I don't think anyone here was suggesting smiling through the beating you're receiving or anything. Someone asked for positivity tips.

I think people should always try and acknowledge their feelings because they're feeling it for a reason.

Of course, it could just be a coincidence that you posted that at that time?