Which Is Your Favorite Vin Diesel Character?

Tools    

Of course you would pick Riddick John you had the Avatar for awhile

I Would Pick Riddick Too. Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs down

I Thought it was pretty good Movie. It was Ok i liked it when he was tied in chains and he crawled up the chains and he did some kind of cool kicks and broke free great scene!

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Zzat
Of course you would pick Riddick John you had the Avatar for awhile

I Would Pick Riddick Too. Ebert and Roeper gave it two thumbs down

I Thought it was pretty good Movie. It was Ok i liked it when he was tied in chains and he crawled up the chains and he did some kind of cool kicks and broke free great scene!
I liked the entire movie. Check out my review thread. It says it all.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

My favorite movie Vin Diesal is in would be Saving Private Ryan, but the character I like most of his is Riddick.

I like Vin Diesel, so there! When I want a character that's cool and just a plain ol' badass, he fit's the bill. I don't think he's a terrible actor either, he did fine in Boiler Room, and his small beginning role in Saving Private Ryan. I just don't place any big expectations when I watch him, but I can see him getting better with age. It's just that his big, ornery, tough guy image will restrict him forever. That said...I like Riddick. Pitch Black is a fun movie, and I didn't hate the follow-up either. It was silly and fantastical and completely ridiculous, but hey...did anyone expect anything else?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

The People's Republic of Clogher
This is like picking my favourite toothache....

Riddick by default, 'cos Pitch Black was an interesting little sci-fi - the premise was more interesting than Diesel, though.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Why is xxx called xxx ?

The sequel won't make sense. Surely;

xxx + xxx is not equal to xxx2?

Proper Method

xxx + xxx = (2x)(2x)(2x)

= 2(xxx)

If we substitute x for vins' IQ then,

as x = 1

2(1x1x1) = 2 x 1 = 2.

Then there's a sequel.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
The sequel won't make sense. Surely.
Shirley, I know this will disappoint you greatly, but Vin Diesel isn't in the sequel, titled xXx: State of the Union. It instead stars Ice Cube as the next unorthodox agent Sam Jackson recruits, this time going after baddie Willem Dafoe. So the designation xXx is going to be akin to the 00 in the Bond series - assuming Cube is successful enough at the box office to have yet another one of these things.

But as for sequel math that just don't add up, the prime example will always be the three films starring Sly Stallone as John Rambo. The first in the series is First Blood, and the second Rambo: First Blood Part II. But alas, the third entry is simply Rambo III, when clearly it should be Rambo II: First Blood Part III.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I have a headache.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Taylor Reese - Knockaround Guys

He's got the muscles so he's def. going to be given the role of the tough guy....you can't stop these Hollywood bastards.

Oh god. This thread is quite entertaining, if nothing else. Nah, Vin is on a downward trajectory (if not having already landed what with Strays being that prophesied strait-to-video movie....(at least I think it was. Wouldnt know, because I passed on watching it.))

And I actually still like Vin Diesel - what red-blooded heterosexual woman wouldnt? (ok. in moments where I can pierce thru the veil of shallowness enveloping me, I can admit that there are probably some that dont. A rare few. )

Still in all, Boiler Room appears to be his least typecast role - now he'll forever be the thug/baddie-gone-good fella with a specific appeal. Too bad, too, because he looked good in a suit.

The Rock is a cleaner cut. less scruffy version of Vin Diesel. FAR more appealing.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I liked him as Caparzo, certainly. No, I don't think being human during wartime makes you an idiot. Even if it kills you. He was quite good in Boiler Room, and he was terrific in The Iron Giant, even though many people don't even remember the Giant speaking. Believe it or not, I thought his best performance was with that toupee in Sidney Lumet's Find Me Guilty. Holden, if you haven't watched it, it's a bit predictable, but Diesel is solid and often enlightening. He's certainly the best thing in the movie, and Lumet brings all kinds of obstacles against him throughout the flick.

And I actually still like Vin Diesel - what red-blooded heterosexual woman wouldnt? (ok. in moments where I can pierce thru the veil of shallowness enveloping me, I can admit that there are probably some that dont. A rare few. )

The Rock is a cleaner cut. less scruffy version of Vin Diesel. FAR more appealing.

Well, young lady. To be honest, neither have ever done a thing for me. Maybe I'm just sick of musclebound men, but still, I never looked twice at either of these. I guess that makes me one of the rare few.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I hope that's sincere and not just an offhand comment. It's OK to watch movies with the Rock and Diesel-type guys. It's OK not to, also, but blowing them off for no good reason, OK, I get it. I get blown off every time I make an honest post.

I hope that's sincere and not just an offhand comment. It's OK to watch movies with the Rock and Diesel-type guys. It's OK not to, also, but blowing them off for no good reason, OK, I get it.
I wish I got it!?!
I never said I didn't, or wouldn't watch their films. Mind you I haven't seen any of them yet, but that doesn't mean I'm avoiding them. I save that for Tom the nerd!
Seriously, I have no clue what you mean. I thought, and still think that she is referring to their looks as far as her post goes. I was simply replying about that same thing. That I don't look at them in that way at all. She does. I don't.
Seriously, it's like sleeping on a bag of boulders.

Seriously!

I get blown off every time I make an honest post.
Ex-squeeze me while I point out what a load of crap that is. You have some ungodly record here for reps, dude. One thing you are not doing, is getting ignored.

Yes, I switched it from blown off, to ignored. Talk about a silver platter.

I don't think so!

I liked him as Caparzo, certainly. No, I don't think being human during wartime makes you an idiot. Even if it kills you. He was quite good in Boiler Room, and he was terrific in The Iron Giant, even though many people don't even remember the Giant speaking. Believe it or not, I thought his best performance was with that toupee in Sidney Lumet's Find Me Guilty. Holden, if you haven't watched it, it's a bit predictable, but Diesel is solid and often enlightening. He's certainly the best thing in the movie, and Lumet brings all kinds of obstacles against him throughout the flick.
I thought he was a little better in Find Me Guilty than he usually is, or at least he was obviously trying something different, but the entire time I also thought what a better and more interesting movie it would have been with a different and better actor in the lead. Anyone from Robert Downey Jr. to Philip Seymour Hoffman to Steve Buscemi to Joe Pantoliano to, well, just about anybody other than maybe Adam Sandler could have done so much more with the part. I mean every single second Alex Rocco is on the screen he blows Vin away, and barley uttering a word.

So yeah, Find Me Guilty was an attempted step in the right direction away from the same role he had been doing over and over again, but unfortunately for him he simply isn't any good at it. To steal Dennis Miller's old line, he's got about as much range as a Daisy air rifle.

To be honest, neither have ever done a thing for me. Maybe I'm just sick of musclebound men,

A system of cells interlinked
I have very little muscles or flab. Slim with the tilted brim, folks.

I thought, and still think that she is referring to their looks as far as her post goes.

Seriously, it's like sleeping on a bag of boulders.
Ouch! (So flab is more preferable to you? )

But I digress. I do think that The Rock's acting skills (while still being sub-par (see? I'm honest!)) are better than Vin's. Unlike Vin, he seems to get better with each role.

I was going to say that The Rock conveys a better sense of humor, but that wouldnt be 100% true, since Vin has done humorous roles (e.g. Find Me Guilty).

Both are musclebound beefcake jock types - we get that. I really cant put my finger on the difference between the two or articulate it correctly, except to say that Vin Diesel comes off more low-brow in all of his roles than The Rock, and I'm not sure why. He brings that element to every movie - and even in Boiler Room, where he played the suit, he had that "menacing physical power" about his presence. (Then again, maybe that's just all the Wall Street roles in the movies, because Barry Pepper conveyed the exact same menace in 25th Hour).

the Rock has it too, but its just....different?