That cringing new acting trend in recent American comedies. Why??

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
One thing I've always questioned is what's with the canned laughter in sitcoms?Even as a kid I asked if viewers need to be told when to laugh. I'm sure it happens in my country as well, and as indicated, it's not new.
God I can’t stand it yet I love Seinfeld. Not sure how Seinfeld would go without it........

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Also agree with the OP. This fast talking nonstop nonsense loud talking about ones insecurities and awkwardness is not funny!!!!! If that’s what the OP was meaning.

I’m not ashamed to admit I like a bit of Ye olde toilet humour. We need more of it please!

This way of acting is worse than Bollywood drama-acting...
Maybe the problem is thinking of it as "acting." Comedies are increasingly just joke-delivery systems. It's reasonable not to like that, but to judge it reasonably it can't really be judged the way normal acting would be.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Modern comedies aren't funny.
Well that's a generalization but last night I probably would have agreed when I stumbled over zoolander 2. I'm surprised I hadn't seen this but very glad I didn't pay for it when it came out. The noise. OMG my ears are still bleeding, and I have had builders sawing away next door all morning. A round saw and bawdy builders is more pleasant.