My Favorite Woody Harrelson Performances

Tools    

Harrelson is the man. One of my favorite actors. I loved him the most in Kingpin. I hope to see that movie in your top 5 somewhere.

Money Train was great. Underrated Woody/Wesley duo film.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

natural born killers

The truth is in here
I actually got Natural Born Killers and Anger Management at a flea market a few days ago, so it will be interesting to see what I think of those movies in comparison to this thread. I didn't even know he was in Anger Management until it showed up on the list.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didn't know he was in Am either.

I'll jump in with my top ten, which does not include the amazing television work of "Cheers" and "True Detective", which I may have gone top two with if I wasn't sticking to movies.

1. Rampart
2. Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
3. The Messenger
4. Zombieland
5. Welcome to Sarajevo
6. Wilson
7. The People vs. Larry Flynt
8. White Men Can’t Jump
9. The Hi-Lo Country
10. Natural Born Killers

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Detective Allen, Triple 9

Harrelson was very convincing as a cop caught in the middle of an investigation where it's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys.

Wilson, Wilson

Not the greatest movie in the world, but Woody worked very hard at making this cantankerous old man trying to carve out a relationship with his daughter, likable.

Ray, edtv

Woody was very funny in this poor man's Truman Show playing a guy who auditions for a television show where his life would be broadcast on television 24-7, but his brother (Matthew McConaughey) gets chosen instead.

Nice, can't wait for your complete list

Ezra, Seven Pounds

I had my issues with this movie, but not with Woody's performance as one of the people Will Smith's character is supposed to transform.

Dusty, A Prairie Home Companion

In the final film directed by the legendary Robert Altman, Woody and John C. Reilly were a lot of fun as a feuding country and western singing duo.