My Favorite Woody Harrelson Performances

Tools    

Sadly, it took the passing of actor Nicholas Colasanto for it happen, but the event brought a talented young actor to our television screens on the NBC sitcom Cheers, playing Woody Boyd, a role that would eventually win the actor an Emmy. And though I have to admit I didn't see it coming, Harrelson has become one of the busiest and most popular actors in Hollywood, a plethora of memorable movie performances that have, to date, netted the actor three Oscar nominations. Get ready because here come my favorite Woody Harrelson performances:

Awesome! I've missed these kind of lists, you're great at them.
Ditto!

I'm especially looking forward to this list, as Woody Harrelson is a darn good actor, but, I haven't seen him in much. So I hope I can get some movie ideas.

Gideon, if you haven't seen The Glass Castle (2017) yet, you should! It was an amazing performance by Woody. I should also mention he was good in LBJ (2017).

This might just do nobody any good.
Any Woody recs that I may not have seen before I begin the list?
It’s a small role but he’s really good in The Edge of Seventeen as kind of guide for the main character. It caught me off guard a bit. I’m used to seeing Woody in more menacing roles, tough guys and such, so to see him play a warm and caring friend was refreshing.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
The Edge of Seventeen has definitely been my favorite as of late. His characters in Three Billboards and the Planet of the Apes flicks were just kind of alright. I’d also shout out Zombieland since I know it’s becoming one of those “cult” movies.

The Edge of Seventeen has definitely been my favorite as of late. His characters in Three Billboards and the Planet of the Apes flicks were just kind of alright. I’d also shout out Zombieland since I know it’s becoming one of those “cult” movies.
You might as well know now, Zombieland will be rankinig VERY high on this list.

Don’t Draft Me, I Watch Anime!
Oh and how could I forget The People Vs. Larry Flynt? Definitely worth checking first before any of these if you haven’t.

Oh and how could I forget The People Vs. Larry Flynt? Definitely worth checking first before any of these if you haven’t.
Of course, I have seen The People Vs Larry Flynt...there' a review of it in my review thread somewhere...definitely top 5...

Charlie Robinson, Money Train

Harrelson was reunited with his White Men Can't Jump co-star Wesley Snipes in this 1995 action/adventure playing a transit cop with some serious gambling debts who decides the solution to his problem is robbing a train cramped with cash while his foster brother (Snipes) tries to stop him. This film also was one of the earliest film appearances of one Jennifer Lopez.

Krushinski, Wildcats

Woody played a high school football player who, along with the rest of his team, has a hard time adjusting to the fact that their new coach is a woman (Goldie Hawn). This film was actually the first time Woody worked with Wesley Snipes, who was also on the football team.

Galaxina/Security Guard Gary, Anger Management

This movie has not held up well over the years, but one of the few things in the film that still works is a fall down funny cameo by Harrelson as a transvestite hooker named Galaxina.

OK, I just finished watching The Edge of Seventeen and though the film definitely has its problems, I thought Woody was terrific and the film will be making this list though it's still a little too early for it...LBJ too...Woody made Johnson a lot more interesting than he was in real life.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
He’s a good and interesting actor. Has a presence which is a rare thing. Plus his dad was a hit man which adds some real world intrigue.
I just looked that up about the dad. You've got to be kidding me. I had no idea.