Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

Yeah those two look rather similar Movie Watcher.

I never really saw that Ben Mackenzie fellow before since I don't watch his shows but as soon as I saw his pic Ed Norton came to mind.

well they dont look the same, but could play related on screen

ya those two look similar to

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
Landau? Oh Rollin Hand and Cinnamon Carter will always have a special place in my heart! I would never mistake him.

Oops! I'm showing my age here.

Plummer and O'Toole I could totally see mixing up.

Meg Ryan and Melinee Griffin...They just look so much alike
sometimes

I have to disagree. I can't stand Griffith. It blows my mind all the hot men she has done and / or married. Did they put a paper bag over her face or what. Plus I hate her voice.

Meg Ryan OTOH is hot IMO. Catch her full frontal nudity in the movie In The Cut. It's not a great movie except for the sex scenes.

First of all, it's spelled Melanie Griffith. Second of all, she's had such an ever-increasing amount of plastic surgery in the past fifteen years or so, I don't think she looks much like anybody anymore...especially Melanie Griffith.

Sadly poor Meg Ryan got all insecure or something and now she, too, has started a barrage of procedures that just make her look damn weird...and no longer like herself. If it's just the post-op offness that you see as similar in the two, OK, I guess, but I don't think at any stage before or after they started slicing and dicing their faces have they ever looked even a little bit similar. DEFINITELY not before. I don't know how you can watch Working Girl or Something Wild back-to-back with When Harry Met Sally... or Innerspace and be confused on which actress is which.

So what I'm saying is, I think it's just you.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

You ready? You look ready.
Gosh Holden, she is damn weird.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

A few actors who were momentarily hot in the '80s and early '90s who I used to forget which was which were Michael Nouri, John Shea and Michael Ontkean. But I think it was laregly because they were just kind of non-descript looking guys with dark hair.

As they've aged they became very distinct in my mind, but back when all three were first on the scene they were completely interchangeable in my mind's eye.

Michael Nouri got his break when Flashdance (1983) became such a surprise hit, though he had been acting for years. But that success didn't translate into much, though he did get to star in one Sci-Fi cult classic in The Hidden (1987). These days he's pretty much exclusively a TV guest star and he has a recurring role on "The OC". Golly.

John Shea's big break was in Costa-Gravas' terrific Missing (1982) with Jack Lemmon and Sissy Spacek. He starred as RFK in the "Kennedy" TV mini-series in 1983. His career kind of petered out after that hot start, and it was a mostly forgettable line of TV movies and guest appearances. I really liked the TV show he starred in for CBS in 1990, "WIOU" that hoped to be a sort of weekly cross between Broadcast News and Network for the "L.A. Law" set. But it was cancelled after only one season. He did crop up as Lex Luthor to Dean Cain's Superman on "Lois & Clark" and he'll still show up as a guest star here and there, but safe to say the promise of Missing was never delivered.

Michael Ontkean was in the '70s cop show "The Rookies" for a couple of years and co-starred with Paul Newman in the crass hockey comedy Slap Shot (1977), but then he pretty much disappeared from anything of quality for a dozen years or so. He reemerged in 1990 as Sheriff Harry S. Truman patroling David Lynch's "Twin Peaks", but right after that momentary blip of fame he disappeared again, relegated to TV movies of the week. He barely works at all these days.

They all kinda had the same look and dark hair back then, two of them worked with Kyle MacLachlan, two of them are named Michael, they all spent lots of time on various short-lived TV shows and cropping up as guest stars every damn place on the dial...eh. I'm sure when I saw the first episode of "Twin Peaks" I thought to myself, 'Hey, the Sheriff and MacLachlan are teaming up again like they did in The Hidden. I wonder if this means Jennifer Beals will be along shortly from his Flashdance days?'

You can't mistake them anymore, as Nouri has let his hair grow white and Ontkean doesn't show up anywhere, but back in like 1988 if you had shown me their three mug shots and had me place them at the scene of a crime, I would have probably gotten an innocent man thrown in the slammer or told the pigs to round up these triplets. Now they trade time as one-shot murderers and creeps on the various "Law & Order" franchises.

Thanks, Holden, I'll correct the spelling. That's so kind of you to point it out.

However, Melanie bugs me visually and vocally. She always has. Ever since the first movie I saw her in, which I believe was Working Girl.

Meg, OTOH, looked good to me from the first time I saw her. I believe that was on a soap. She looked sweet and fresh.

When she starred in the movie, In The Cut, there was no discernible plastic surgery. That was one reason why I liked it. She was confident enough about her body, at that age, to show it on screen. I was quite surprised. I liked her for that.

Happily, I've not seen either since their plastic surgery exploits. I think the plastic surgery trend is really sad. I've seen beautiful women, like Hunter Tylo; completely ruin their looks with that.

From the pictures you posted, I still think Meg looks better by far. I don't think they look very much alike. I mean apart from being female and having, short, messy, bleached blond hair.

I remember Michael Nouri and Michael Ontkean. I liked Nouri the best. I don't remember the other fellow.

Thanks, Holden, I'll correct the spelling. That's so kind of you to point it out.
No problem-o.

When she starred in the movie, In The Cut, there was no discernible plastic surgery. That was one reason why I liked it. She was confident enough about her body, at that age, to show it on screen. I was quite surprised. I liked her for that.

Happily, I've not seen either since their plastic surgery exploits.
Yes, you have. In the Cut is definitely Meg post-facial surgery and lip procedures.

When Harry Met Sally... (1989)

Sleepless in Seattle (1993)

In the Cut (2003)

"Hi, I used to be Meg Ryan. I was narrowly beat out as the new Joker by Heath Ledger."

Believe me, I'm all for Meg and most other women taking off their clothes, and I have no idea if Ms. Ryan has yet started surgery on anything other than her face (the only other nude scene she did before In the Cut was in The Doors, and you didn't get to see much other than a nipple then so it's hard to judge). She certainly hasn't done any drastic Cher-like major reconstruction of her body. I think she should be naked in every movie. You bet. But it's sad that she felt compelled to start changing her face when she hit forty, she split up with Dennis Quaid, and started dating Russel Crowe.

Age gracefully and naturally, ladies. That's my advice.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	meg sally.jpg
Views:	3922
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	22454   Click image for larger version

Name:	meg sleep.jpg
Views:	1594
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	22455   Click image for larger version

Name:	meg cut.jpg
Views:	1688
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	22456  

I too always thought Melanie and Meg looked similar when they were younger. But I preferred Meg's flicks over Melanie's any day even though that maybe amounted to 2 or 3 of her films lol.

In that case, she didn't look too plasticized yet!

Thank goodness.

Some of those actresses, their faces don't even move correctly anymore.

In that case, she didn't look too plasticized yet!

Thank goodness.

Some of those actresses, their faces don't even move correctly anymore.
Mm-hmmm. Though I suppose as long as they feel good about themselves after the fact it's ok. I dunno.

I remember Michael Nouri and Michael Ontkean. I liked Nouri the best. I don't remember the other fellow.
I remember all 3 of them, and you should like John Shea in Missing (1982), with Jack Lemmon, and Sissy Spacek. Give it a try.

I remember all 3 of them, and you should like John Shea in Missing (1982), with Jack Lemmon, and Sissy Spacek. Give it a try.
I may do that!

About plastic surgery, I would not feel good about myself if my face didn't work. Of course I'm an anti invasive medical procedures kind of girl anyway. I can't imagine going under the knife at all, much less for iffy results.

I'm absolutely paranoid about anesthesia. I can just imagine my husband having to explain to the kids how mommy died because she was vain and wanted to look better.

OTOH, para sailing, bungee cord jumping and other "thrill" activities are things I've done, or want to do, at least once. That doesn't make a lot of sense does it? Oh well, that's the human paradox, I suppose.

I'm absolutely paranoid about anesthesia. I can just imagine my husband having to explain to the kids how mommy died because she was vain and wanted to look better.
My friends father had a dog where the vet put it to sleep and the jacka$$ gave him too much anesthetic and killed the poor mutt. He didn't but he should have sued his arse. So be afraid bleach........be very afraid.

This Cop from Superbad had that Dan Ackroyd/Stephen King thing going on I thought.

i was just looking at these two, i would not call them identical but they definatley have a resemblence, i remeber seeing it somelwhere else aswell, Also they look like Kirsty Gallagher the presenter, who else looks alike??
Attached Thumbnails