Used Future's DVD Collection

Tools    

^ Errrr...yes...indeed...

Hi there Mofo's and Mofoettes. Here are my latest acquisitions; Some I've mentioned, some I haven't. Still spending a lot of time with Kathy going out on day trips, for meals and whatnot. She's actually been telling me off recently because I've been neglecting this site, and I must say I do miss contributing to the movie tab; so I'm going to try and squeeze one in some time (have a load of that euphemism HK).

Haven't posted in here for a while so here are my latest adds.

I already had Bonnie and Clyde and The Getaway in a Warner Brothers Killer Couples boxset with Natural Born Killers which I can't stand. I decided I couldn't live with Mickey and Mallory in my dvd collection any longer, hence the replacements.

Apologies for The Candidate double post; I forgot I'd already included it.

Endangered Species
Wow!
I'm impressed.
Not much animation, though.
I don't think I spotted High Noon in the titles. My favorite. I may have missed it.
Take good care of your treasures.

Thanks...I'm not an anime fan hence the lack of cartoons in my collection. Nothing against it and I totally respect the art; it's just not my bag is all.

High Noon is great, but I'm waiting till I see it cheap second hand somewhere. Understandably not many people are willing to part with such a decent movie, so I've not come across a copy thus far.

Anyway here are my latest odds and ends. Finally remembered to include Mesrine, though I think I already posted a pic of Thief .

+ rep for Mesrine, The Lives Of Others, Easy Rider and Summer Of Sam.

Here's some links for High Noon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Noon-DV...5248477&sr=1-1
Ł4 delivered to your door. How cheap do you want it? If you do want it cheaper, you can get it for about Ł2.50 new from some sellers or as little as 20p second hand from this link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/High-Noon-DV...5248704&sr=1-2

Endangered Species
I understand.
But, just in case you're curious, here a recommandation for you. Rent it somewhere: Tekkonkinkreet.
Official website:
http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/tekkonkinkreet/

Hehe, I've already seen High Noon a couple of times. We were shown it in school as part of a general studies class along with Shane, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. The second time was on video about ten years ago.

I spend a lot of my spare time browsing second hand dvd stores, which is where I pick up most of my movies. I've been hoping to find it for a couple of quid, but so far no luck. As for ordering it online; I tend to do most of my internet shopping on Amazon and buy films from the states that you can't get in the UK. Naturally High Noon isn't one of these so I haven't considered ordering it. Plus the fact there are lots of other films higher up on my list of priorities.

Violent City was a huge let down by the way; thank god I only paid 75p for it. Was wondering if the Blue Underground version has a more complete English track.

I'm rating Mesrine, Moon, In The Heat Of The Night and Out Of Sight. All good films. Liking the collection son!!

Quite a few new additions since my last post. The Long Riders is slightly cut for horse falls, but I knew that before purchasing. I had to get rid of In the Line of Fire though (see previous post); didn't realise the neck breaking scene was missing from the UK disc.

Some more blaxploitation...already have Shaft, but I've never seen Shaft's Big Score and I liked Shaft in Africa, hence my purchase. I got the other one for Three the Hard Way (just look at that line up), but it was a bit of a let down...I'll try a get a tab up for it soon.

More blaxploitation...

Oops! almost forgot this one...

I see you've got the newer version of The Shining DVD, do you know if anything has been cut? My VHS copy is an 18, and the newer DVD is a 15 - perhaps the BBFC have downgraded it.

I own personally, um, one of those (American Beauty). Oh no, two (Delicatessan but I've never watched it all the way through)

I see you've got the newer version of The Shining DVD, do you know if anything has been cut? My VHS copy is an 18, and the newer DVD is a 15 - perhaps the BBFC have downgraded it.
It's the European cut of the film and has merely been downgraded to a 15 rating (if you want Kubrick's longer 144 minute cut get the R1 disc). There's nothing missing compared to earlier UK releases.

You might not want to pick my version up though because the image is cropped at the top and bottom compared to the earlier 1:33:1 (4:3 full screen) UK dvd release. This is fine because Kubrick originally shot the film at a 1.37:1 aspect ratio (with the 1:85:1 borders marked in the viewfinder) which was then projected in theatres at 1:85:1 as the film was intended to be seen. The aspect ratio on my dvd is 1:78:1. so it doesn't really matter, and I ignored the people saying otherwise. On the other hand if you're a massive fan (which I'm not or I'd have both versions) then you might want to consider this too.

It's the European cut of the film and has merely been downgraded to a 15 rating (if you want Kubrick's longer 144 minute cut get the R1 disc). There's nothing missing compared to earlier UK releases.

You might not want to pick my version up though because the image is cropped at the top and bottom compared to the earlier 1:33:1 (4:3 full screen) UK dvd release. This is fine because Kubrick originally shot the film at a 1.37:1 aspect ratio (with the 1:85:1 borders marked in the viewfinder) which was then projected in theatres at 1:85:1 as the film was intended to be seen. The aspect ratio on my dvd is 1:78:1. so it doesn't really matter, and I ignored the people saying otherwise. On the other hand if you're a massive fan (which I'm not or I'd have both versions) then you might want to consider this too.
Thanks for the help, I think I'll just get the same edition as yours. I'm really only getting the DVD because I'm trying to upgrade my VHS collection.

Nice collection. I have to get Dirty Harry, Scarecrow, great movies..

I've bought quite a lot of new stuff since my last post, so here goes...

The Classic Sci-Fi boxset has: -

Creature from the Black Lagoon
This Island Earth
It Came from Outer Space
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
(1956)
The Incredible Shinking Man
Tarantula
The Thing from Another World

Nice New World Pictures additions and upgrades above, with my old dvd-r's below.

Very nice, UF. The only thing I really can't stand there, that I've seen, is Obssession. Damn, that film's boring. Love seeing Fantastic Voyage there, though.