Upcoming releases

Tools    

I've met with several studios and have gotten a general run-down of upcoming DVD releases. All of these are scheduled for January or early February. Here's a few of about 200 titles coming.

3 ALFRED HITCHCOCK SETS
4 LITTLE GIRLS
6TH DAY, THE
ADVENTURES OF ROCKY AND BULLWINKLE, THE
ALMOST FAMOUS
AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN
ANIMAL FACTORY
ANNIE (1982)
ART OF WAR, THE
BAIT
BATTLEFIELD EARTH
BEAUTIFUL
BEN HUR
BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES, THE
BRING IT ON
BUDDY
CECIL B. DEMENTED
CHEATERS
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL DOUBLE FEATURE
CONTENDER, THE
DAS BOOT DIRECTOR'S CUT SPECIAL EDITION
DOCTOR ZHIVAGO
DOGMA SPECIAL EDITION
DOORS SPECIAL EDITION, THE
DR. STRANGELOVE SPECIAL EDITION
DR. T AND THE WOMEN
ELVIS: THAT'S THE WAY IT IS SPECIAL EDITION
EXORCIST: THE VERSION YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, THE
FUNNY FACE
GET CARTER (2000)
GLENGARRY, GLEN ROSS
GLORY SPECIAL EDITION
HOLLOW MAN SPECIAL EDITION
IN THE LINE OF FIRE SPECIAL EDITION
INCREDIBLE MR. LIMPET SPECIAL EDITION, THE
JFK DIRECTOR'S CUT SPECIAL EDITION
LEGEND 2 DISC SET (TOM CRUISE)
LITTLE VAMPIRE, THE
LOST SOULS
MEET THE PARENTS
MO' BETTER BLUS
MYSTIC PIZZA
NATURAL BORN KILLERS
ODD COUPLE, THE
REAR WINDOW COLLECTOR'S EDITION
REVERSAL OF FORTUNE
SABRINA (1954)
SHAFT (2000)
TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
THAT TOUCH OF MINK
TUSKEGEE AIRMEN, THE
UNTOUCHABLES (1987), THE
WATCHER, THE
WHAT LIES BENEATH
WHEN HARRY MET SALLY SPECIAL EDITION
WHIPPED
WONDER BOYS

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Hitchock, Hollow Man (special FX!) and Meet the Parents look like the best to me. Man oh man did I enjoy Meet the Parents - here's hoping for some deleted scenes out of that one.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I am really looking forward ot Hollow Man.... I'll get that the day it comes out. I would skip school to get that movie. Man thats sad.

There are several on that list that I'll probably be picking up. I know I'll get The Incredible Mr. Limpet, Glengarry, Glen Ross, and Meet the Parents.

I'll probably also get The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (I think I was the only person in the country that liked this movie... well, my kids liked it, too), In The Line of Fire, The Untouchables, and maybe The Odd Couple and JFK (I liked the movie JFK even though I found it to be full of it on a historical accuracy level).

I'm pretty sure I will remain without Battlefield Earth in my collection, though.

JFK should be pretty sweet. It's a remastered special edition with all the extra footage included. I'm thrilled that studios are starting to replace the 'flipper' discs now...movies that need to be turned over to watch the rest of the film. They already redid Seven. Now if they would just redo Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Amadeus, and Gone With The Wind, I'd be a happy lady.

I had my meeting today with Paramount, Fox, and a couple of other studios for their upcoming releases. All of these are expected in late December, January, and February, unless otherwise noted. The Die Hard DTS Trilogy is coming. So is Star Wars Phantom Menace sometime in November. Also, I've included upcoming TV show releases here as well.

1. Alfe
2. Battle Beyond the Stars: Special Edition
3. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
4. Benny and Joon
5. Best of the Original Avengers, The
6. Bless the Child (2/13)
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete First Season
8. Clerks: Animated Series Uncensored for release on 2/20.
9. Courage Under Fire (DTS)
10. Coyote Ugly
11. Crow: Salvation, The
12. Death Wish
13. Die Hard Trilogy (DTS)
14. Disney’s The Kid
15. Evening Star, The
16. Farscape TV episodes on 2/6.
17. Grand Canyon
18. Great Gatsby, The
19. Ice Storm, The
20. I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (all 1/9)
21. Inventing the Abbots
22. Juice
23. Kiss Me Guido
24. Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure on 2/17.
25. Last of the Mohicans (DTS)
26. Longest Yard, The
27. Michael Jordan to the Max
28. Necessary Roughness
29. North Dallas Forty
30. Oliver Stone Collection, The. January 16, boxed set will contain the new 2-disc Any Given Sunday: Special Edition Director's Cut, the new 2-disc JFK: Special Edition Director's Cut, Heaven and Earth, Natural Born Killers, Talk Radio and Born on the Fourth of July, Wall Street, the new 2-disc Nixon, U-Turn, the new 2-disc The Doors: Special Edition and a special bonus disc featuring the documentary Oliver Stone's America. The set will be available in 2 editions - the 10 movie box (with the movies listed above and the bonus disc) or a "Warner only" 6-movie box (with the Warner titles only and the bonus disc).
31. Ordinary People
32. Paradise Road
33. Pete's Dragon, on January 16th.
34. Porky's Double Feature
35. Predator (DTS)
36. Red Letters
37. Revenge of the Nerds Double Feature
38. Road Trip
39. Siege (DTS), The
40. Smilla's Sense of Snow
41. Star Wars: Episode I might be arriving on DVD in November 2001.
42. Survivor Season One: The Greatest and Most Outrageous Moments
43. Sword in the Stone, The on 3/20
44. Thin Red Line (DTS), The
45. Untamed Heart
46. Warriors, The
47. X-Files: Fight the Future (DTS), The

Wow. Battle Beyond the Stars. That's a movie I had completely forgotten about.

I know ryan, Battle is one that immediately got my attention.

I had yet another meeting today...the V mini-series may be on DVD by March or April of 2001...woo-hoo. That was one that I've been wanting for awhile.

I loved "V", as well. I was 12 when it came on, but it holds up and is still enjoyable now. That's another I'll put on my list.

I watched the second V miniseries (V: The Final Battle) on one of the cable movie channels last year. They played that whole miniseries in its entirity (and commercial free). It was a good way to spend a Saturday (and the first miniseries was even better).

I'll be skipping Battle Beyond the Stars, though. The only thing I remember about it was the spaceship that appeared to have breats, George Peppard eating hotdogs (and the baldaliens noting that there was no "dog" in the meal at all), and the very obvious and visible boom mike in the scene on the bald alien space ship.

LOL Yeah Battle was definately on the low-end of the good movie scale. It's just too campy to miss. Kind of like Raising Arizona.