Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

Amy Adams & Isla Fisher have always got me confused...

This one actually happened again today -

I tuned into a movie on TCM called The Young Stranger (1957).
I came in on a scene in a darkened movie theater where a young tough guy was getting into an altercation with another theater-goer. I immediately thought, "Hey, it's Russ Tamblyn playing another teen-aged hoodlum BEFORE he played Riff in West Side Story (1961)."
When the scene changed, I then saw that it was James MacArthur in the role and not Russ Tamblyn!
Can't believe I never noticed this one before, but yeah!

The truth is in here
I often confuse the Knicks for a good team.

There was this one actor that commited suicide. I confused him for Billy Bob Thorton.
Has anyone noticed this post has minus one vote? How is that even possible???

This might just do nobody any good.
Ocean’s 8 should have been Jessica Chastain, Amy Adams, Emma Stone, Bryce Dallas Howard, Isla Fisher and Jane Levy...

... with, I don’t know, another redheaded look-alike-duo.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Same for me.

Isla is doing an ad campaign this way and it's on the screen constantly. I can't even tell you what it's for. I just look at Isla. So beautiful but yes, they could play twins and I wouldn't tell them apart.

So beautiful but yes, they could play twins and I wouldn't tell them apart.
She played a fictional embodiment of someone else’s ideas of Amy Adams in Nocturnal Animals so... close enough, I guess?

Was watching a movie that featured Peter Stormare. Until I looked at the cast & realized it was Rhys Ifans.

I always thought Erika Christensen was the obvious Julia Stiles doppelgänger.

Bryce Dallas Howard is on the left, Jessica Chastain is on the right

Isla Fisher is on the left, Amy Adams is on the right

Jesse Plemons and Matt Damon

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this before, but I always confuse Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro - but not in the way you think. I recognize each of them, on screen or in tv interviews. I just always forget who played which part they are known for. I 'm pretty sure I do know Bob was in Taxi Dtiver and Al was screaming in a courtroom about the whole darn system being out of order. But beyond that, it's a good gamble for me in remembering who was in the Godfather. Or Raging Bull Or King of Comedy. Really. I mean I'm pretty darn sure each one of 'em starred in each one of these movies- , But which is which or who's on first, so to speak- I dunno .

I m sorry if this sounds small minded of me , but I think it's b/c they're both dark haired Italians who are good looking in a non traditional way and very gifted in their craft.

And as I 've said, if I actually see them in a movie, I know who I'm lookin' at. But if I have to recall who starred in Serpico and who was hanging out with the Fockers:

Ferget aboudit!

I always thought Pacino and Andy Garcia as relatives was astute casting. If Godfather 4 were to be made right now (please don't) you would have to (have to) cast Oscar Isaac, Jake Johnson and David Krumholtz (minus several pounds) as the next generation of Corleones.

Maybe Clifton Collins Jr. as their Fredo (I think he resembles Cazale.) Sorry, I'll try to find some images to illustrate my point later.

Joaquin Phoenix and Michael Stuhlbarg as brothers in something please!

Plemons is evolving. He’s not really Damon 2.0 anymore, now he’s a kind of in-between stage heading towards Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Justin Theroux and a young John Slattery.

Kind of funny, considering my thinking that Theroux could have played Tony Stark after his Last Jedi cameo.

Young John Slattery was a hottie...still is actually...anyway, this is one that was brought to my attention lately and I was wondering what you guys thought:

Mary Steenburgen

Joanna Gleason