Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Yeah, was disappointed in that one. Just didn't grab me, had issues with the pacing. Shame.

WHIDTDT isn't Almodovar's first, is that what you mean? Cant remember if you like him? I never really was a fan before, think took me a while to grasp his humour but really starting to like him.
I really like Almodovar. 'Julieta' and 'The Skin I Live In' are very good - but 'Talk to Her' is absolutely amazing. Has a crazy dreamlike sequence in the middle of it.

Unregistered User

The Seventh Continent (1989)

That ending is one of the most disturbing I've seen in a long time! Cant say its a great film, at least it doesn't try to be but who doesn't love an emotionally shattering film?

+

Unregistered User
I really like Almodovar. 'Julieta' and 'The Skin I Live In' are very good - but 'Talk to Her' is absolutely amazing. Has a crazy dreamlike sequence in the middle of it.

I've still to see Julieta, might try to get to it this week actually, I have it recorded from BBC. Liked the other two as well, gave both

See Birds Of Passage is now on Netflix?

Nachom-ia Kumpasar [Let's Dance To The Rhythm] (Bardroy Barretto, 2015)
+
Quite enjoyable until the tempo changes in the latter stages

Sideways (Alexander Payne, 2004)
+
Iderno, it's fairly straightforward if you ask me

A Conspiracy of Faith (2016)

A Nordic Noir from Denmark. Apparently third film in a series (one of the characters looks/feels so familiar that I must have seen at least one of the older films even though I don't remember any specifics). This one's about serial killer who's victims are children.

It's on the bleaker end of Nordic Noir and most characters are feeling miserable for various reasons. There's nothing very innovative in this film but it's a solid take on a killer reliving his childhood trauma. Some character writing is little lazy and ending could have been darker but mostly I liked it.

--
The Bloodstained Shadow (1978)

A giallo that severely rips off Fulci's Don't Torture a Duckling. It looks and sounds good but the story and pacing are rather weak. Murderer is quite easy to guess but the film does really poor job of selling it. Kinda OK if you're a giallo fan but otherwise watch Fulci's film instead.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

The Ghoul (Gareth Tunley, 2016)

Kill Chain (Ken Sanzel, 2019)

Hunt the Man Down (George Archainbaud, 1950)

The Vampires of Poverty (Luis Ospina & Carlos Mayolo, 1977)

The directors of this movie film themselves making a documentary and have a cameraman filming them doing it.
Two Irenes (Fabio Meira, 2017)

Deep Murder (Nick Corirossi, 2019)

Holiday for Sinners (Gerald Mayer, 1952)

Sunset (László Nemes, 2018)
+

Incredibly intense mystery, similar in ways to Eyes Wide Shut, which connects the family of aspiring milliner Juli Jakab to the outbreak of WWI.
Too Young to Kiss (Robert Z. Leonard, 1951)

Where the Skin Lies (Michael Boucherie, 2017)

Adopt a Highway (Logan Marshall-Green, 2019)
-
Three on a Match (Mervyn LeRoy, 1932)

Hood Humphrey Bogart knows that mom Ann Dvorak is strung out on cocaine
Paradise Hills (Alice Waddington, 2019)

Image Makers: The Adventures of America's Pioneer Cinematographers (Daniel Raim, 2019)

The Last Race (Michael Dweck, 2018)

Ugly, Dirty and Bad AKA Down and Dirty (Ettore Scola, 1976)
+

Hooker Maria Luisa Santella moves in with the patriarch (Nino Manfredi) of a wacko Italian family and some even weirder than "normal" things occur.
Official Secrets (Gavin Hood, 2019)
+
The Prison in Twelve Landscapes (Brett Story, 2016)
+
The Closet (Francis Veber, 2001)

It Chapter Two (Andy Muschietti, 2019)
+

Jessica Chastain is chased when IT comes back.

Hell of a good Netflix documentary. British identical twins, one of whom loses his memory after an accident at age 18. Finds out 30+ years later from his twin that their mother was a pedophile who pimped them out to friends & relatives when they were between 6 & 14 years old.
Based on your description it sounds like the most manipulative documentary ever made.

Welcome to the human race...
Dolemite -

thought about giving it one popcorn for each time the boom mic appeared in frame but then I realised the popcorn scale doesn't go that high

In The Heart Of The Sea (Ron Howard, 2015)
+
Whale oil never understand who okayed the dreadful CGI

Brawl In Cell Block 99 (S. Craig Zahler, 2017)

Ironically it's only the breaking stuff that stops it from falling apart

Wings (1927) by William A. Wellman

The vivid dogfight scenes in the air is all worth it
+

The End (1953) by Christopher Maclaine

Strikingly beautiful american avantgarde film on 16 mm

Desistfilm (1954) by Stan Brakhage

On of my favorite Brakhage films. Its not too abstract.

Pull My Daisy (1959) by Robert Frank and Alfred Leslie

Originally titled "The Beat Generation" this depiction of Allen Ginsberg among others is an interesting document of the beatniks. Beautifully narrated by Jack Kerouac
+

The Quiet Man (1952) by John Ford

A rather generic and frankly off putting film by John Ford. I like The Searchers and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance a lot more

La Notte (1961) by Michelangelo Antonioni

A really interesting setting with some excellent architectural shots. The swimming pool scene was extravagant. A really interesting portrayal of a marriage going down the hill. Probably my favorite Antonioni film

Antonioni ranked:
1. La Notte (1961)
2. The Passenger (1975)
3. Red Desert (1964)
4. L'avventura (1960)
5. L'Eclisse (1962)
6. Blow-Up (1966)
7. Chung Kuo - Cina (1972)

Had seen bits of it over the years, but never sat down & watched it all. Bit of a slog to get through, but worth it to see Taylor. She said the movie stinks, but I think it’s rather good.

Spider-Man: Far From Home

This is what they come up with after Infinity Wars and Endgame??? I couldn't finish it and am divorcing myself from Marvel.. honestly its a choice.. and why are 12 years olds hosting the news?? this movie is for 12 year olds and nobody else..
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.