Spam my 2010s Countdown ballot!...movie recommendations needed

Tools    

I think there are a few Star Trek shows on the Paramount+ channel. You might want to watch them before your time is up.

I rewatched Tootsie recently too. I hadn't watched it in years, and I forgot how funny it was.
There is Star Trek: OS, Next Gen, DSN, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery, Lower Decks, Picard and Strange New Worlds. I have the first 5 of those on DVD or Blu Ray but I might check out Strange New Worlds. I'd easily give Tootsie a 4 out of 5.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
There is Star Trek: OS, Next Gen, DSN, Voyager, Enterprise, Discovery, Lower Decks, Picard and Strange New Worlds. I have the first 5 of those on DVD or Blu Ray but I might check out Strange New Worlds. I'd easily give Tootsie a 4 out of 5.

I bought the first two seasons of "Discovery" on DVD, but I haven't watched them yet. I don't know anything about "Lower Decks", but I want to see "Picard" and "Strange New Worlds" when I get a chance.

I bought the first two seasons of "Discovery" on DVD, but I haven't watched them yet. I don't know anything about "Lower Decks", but I want to see "Picard" and "Strange New Worlds" when I get a chance.
I'm on the fence about watching Discovery, as I haven't heard anything good about it. After watching the 1st season of Picard which I hated I won't watch anymore. If you ever watch Picard let me know what you think of it. I won't be watching Lower Decks either as I don't like cartoons. Which leaves Strange New Worlds which I believe is about the early days of Captain Pike, that's something I wanted to see be made for decades...so I might watch that one.

I'm on the fence about watching Discovery, as I haven't heard anything good about it. After watching the 1st season of Picard which I hated I won't watch anymore. If you ever watch Picard let me know what you think of it. I won't be watching Lower Decks either as I don't like cartoons. Which leaves Strange New Worlds which I believe is about the early days of Captain Pike, that's something I wanted to see be made for decades...so I might watch that one.
I've seen a few video clips from "Strange New Worlds", and I like the guy who plays Captain Pike. I don't think I've seen him in anything else, but in the clips, he reminds me a little bit of Captain Kirk, (his attitude, not his looks).

I've seen a few video clips from "Strange New Worlds", and I like the guy who plays Captain Pike. I don't think I've seen him in anything else, but in the clips, he reminds me a little bit of Captain Kirk, (his attitude, not his looks).
That sounds promising...I think I seen the actor who plays Pike in one of the Star Trek Shorts, but I'm not sure if he actually is the same Pike as in Strange New Worlds. I should look that up. I'll try to post about Strange New Worlds when I watch it.

That sounds promising...I think I seen the actor who plays Pike in one of the Star Trek Shorts, but I'm not sure if he actually is the same Pike as in Strange New Worlds. I should look that up. I'll try to post about Strange New Worlds when I watch it.

Yes, it's the same actor, (Anson Mount), playing Captain Pike in both shows. I read that he started as a main character in the second season of "Discovery", then he was in a few "Short Treks" episodes, and then went on to star in the spinoff show "Strange New Worlds".

Emperor (Peter Webber 2012)

I watched this last night and I'd never even heard of it before. I thought it was pretty good, nicely balanced with no over the top cliche type stuff. Starring Tommy Lee Jones as General MacArthur and Matthew Fox as General Fellers. Based on a true story, MacArthur was in Japan at the end of WWII and was tasked with determining if the Emperor of Japan should be tried as a war criminal or not. The investagive leg work fell to a young 1 Star General, Bonner Fellers. I've seen a lot of stuff about the end of WWII and the U.S. occupation of Japan as that country transitioned from a war machine to a peace loving democracy. I'd say this film was accurate and honest in it's examination of those events.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Emperor-2012.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	89586