Things that annoy you...

Tools    

When customers are rude and verbally abusive to employees of a company because they don't get what they want. If an employee is unable to do what you are demanding, it may be because they simply are not able to. Telling an employee, who is just trying to do his job, to go f--k himself isn't going to accomplish anything.

Have off work today so the squeeze and I were going to head up to a basilica near us to climb the tower and check out the fall colors - it's peak color right now so the view is pretty cool. It's a basilica on top of a hill, in the middle of a forest and you can see for miles. It's absolutely amazing but they do shut down tower access (179 steps to the top) when the weather is bad. Wake up to 30 mph winds and snow.

One more thing. Last week I was expecting a pretty large delivery that I needed to be home to accept. Shipping co. said they'd be dropping it off between 9 and 1. Never showed, never called. Called them and they said they couldn't make the delivery time so it went back to the hub and they'll call when it's on it's way. Alright. Two days later I get a call - it's on the truck and will be delivered in a half hour. What?! Okay, was expecting a little more advance notice than a half hour. I do have a job and right now that job is about 40 miles away.

Have off work today so the squeeze and I were going to head up to a basilica near us to climb the tower and check out the fall colors - it's peak color right now so the view is pretty cool. It's a basilica on top of a hill, in the middle of a forest and you can see for miles. It's absolutely amazing but they do shut down tower access (179 steps to the top) when the weather is bad. Wake up to 30 mph winds and snow.
That’s funny. Do we presume “the squeeze” is your lady friend?

Our government... a weeks time another new Prime Minister.

Truss said she’s a fighter not a quitter. And then she quit.

Mattress sizes. Who came up with this stuff?

A mattress for a single person is called a "Twin". Now, twin means two of something, but you wouldn't put two people in a "twin" size bed unless they were very intimate and didn't mind sleeping on top of each other. Why don't they call a single-size mattress a "single"?

Next up is "Full" - this is allegedly a double bed, big enough for two people, but do they call it a double? Not always, instead they call it a "Full"! They cant call it a "Twin" because that's already taken for a mattress that is too small for a set of twins!

Then there's "Queen" - what does that mean? It means a mattress that's fits two, but is a bit bigger than a "Full"!

There is the "Olympic Queen" which I guess is for couples competing in the Olympics (or would it be fit only for a gold medal winner? Or does it fit three... ya know... Bronze, Silver & Gold like a stand at the Olympics?)

Then "King" is a double that's bigger than a "Queen"...

Then, in-between all of these there are "small's", "xl's", "super singles", "extra longs", and after "King" there are a whole bunch of mattresses with the names of states in front of "King" such as the "Texas, Wyoming or California King"!

Now, to buy anything to fit your mattress (like toppers, covers, sheets, etc.) you need to know the exact size (...so once you find something that fits it's a good idea to save the packaging just so you can remember the size).

Maybe "eshays" is a new mattress size!

Fireworks again. Please, I don't care if it's Diwali, no fireworks at 12.40am! It gets dark here from 6.30pm now, you have plenty of time for fireworks.

Mattress sizes. Who came up with this stuff?

A mattress for a single person is called a "Twin". Now, twin means two of something, but you wouldn't put two people in a "twin" size bed unless they were very intimate and didn't mind sleeping on top of each other. Why don't they call a single-size mattress a "single"?

Next up is "Full" - this is allegedly a double bed, big enough for two people, but do they call it a double? Not always, instead they call it a "Full"! They cant call it a "Twin" because that's already taken for a mattress that is too small for a set of twins!

Then there's "Queen" - what does that mean? It means a mattress that's fits two, but is a bit bigger than a "Full"!

There is the "Olympic Queen" which I guess is for couples competing in the Olympics (or would it be fit only for a gold medal winner? Or does it fit three... ya know... Bronze, Silver & Gold like a stand at the Olympics?)

Then "King" is a double that's bigger than a "Queen"...

Then, in-between all of these there are "small's", "xl's", "super singles", "extra longs", and after "King" there are a whole bunch of mattresses with the names of states in front of "King" such as the "Texas, Wyoming or California King"!

Now, to buy anything to fit your mattress (like toppers, covers, sheets, etc.) you need to know the exact size (...so once you find something that fits it's a good idea to save the packaging just so you can remember the size).

Maybe "eshays" is a new mattress size!
Growing up in England IIRC nobody bought a twin mattress unless it was for two people. A mattress for one was a single. No doubt it’s all changed now.

Biggest mistake we made was to purchase a lovely king-size mattress that could be periodically turned over. That was ok for a couple of years, but not feasible now as the mattress weighs a TON. We just gave up on turning the dumb thing.

Fireworks again. Please, I don't care if it's Diwali, no fireworks at 12.40am! It gets dark here from 6.30pm now, you have plenty of time for fireworks.
How annoying. I’m a fanatic here about not letting snow blowers, leaf blowers operate out of the city ordinances. Start at 7 a.m. weekdays, end at 8 p.m. That’s plenty of time so don’t come on my street with that crap at 9 p.m.

Do you think the Diwali folks were also celebrating Rishi’s election? Maybe they all got carried away with excitement.

And I never knew people from India are the second most prolific race after white people in the UK. According to The NY Times.

their wanna be gangsters stealing cars *and do youth crimes
Thanks. Never heard this word before.

How annoying. I’m a fanatic here about not letting snow blowers, leaf blowers operate out of the city ordinances. Start at 7 a.m. weekdays, end at 8 p.m. That’s plenty of time so don’t come on my street with that crap at 9 p.m.

That ordinance applies to snow blowers? I've run blowers at all hours of the night, had folks complain and I'd tell them to take it up with the city. Snow removal is an exception to the noise ordinance as it's considered an emergency service so they can complain all they want but it's completely legal. I guess the city figures its worth a little noise pollution to make sure that emergency personnel has easy access to homes just in case.

Growing up in England IIRC nobody bought a twin mattress unless it was for two people. A mattress for one was a single. No doubt it’s all changed now.

Biggest mistake we made was to purchase a lovely king-size mattress that could be periodically turned over. That was ok for a couple of years, but not feasible now as the mattress weighs a TON. We just gave up on turning the dumb thing.

Do you think the Diwali folks were also celebrating Rishi’s election? Maybe they all got carried away with excitement.

And I never knew people from India are the second most prolific race after white people in the UK. According to The NY Times.

Thanks. Never heard this word before.
its all good , u can google it on wikipedia it shows it more about them*

That ordinance applies to snow blowers? I've run blowers at all hours of the night, had folks complain and I'd tell them to take it up with the city. Snow removal is an exception to the noise ordinance as it's considered an emergency service so they can complain all they want but it's completely legal. I guess the city figures its worth a little noise pollution to make sure that emergency personnel has easy access to homes just in case.
You’re right, it doesn’t apply to snow blowers so long as the equipment is in good order & muffled as much as feasible. I’ve never complained about anyone using a snow blower btw. It’s leaf blowers & lawn mowers I complain about if they’re outside of the state time limits. One neighbor was constantly using a leaf blower at 10 p.m. He had no idea it was illegal & has never spoken to me since I very politely made him aware of this rule.

Movies: We didn't wait 83 years to finally see Namor the Sub-Mariner brought to life on the big screen by a guy with a Spanish-accent and a half-grown mustache & beard, giant green earrings, Aztec-looking bling necklaces, and a ridiculous stud through his nose (who pronounces his own name as "Nuh-Morrre")!

Let me tell you this... in my best Fernando Lamas accent which sounds very similar to your own... you DON'T look Mahvelous, darling!

Do we dare hope it's like the Mandarin in Iron Man III (2013) - which turned out to just be actor Ben Kingsley making believe he was an Asian mastermind who wanted to conquer the world (or the first two Ras Al Ghuls in Batman Begins (2005) that were just stand-ins for the Liam Neeson version)?

Was at a Halloween party last weekend when I saw just about the grossest thing ever and if it was a kid that did it I would have been grossed out but a little understanding, thinking eh, kids are stupid and don't know any better (yet, hopefully), but this was an adult. He goes and grabs a handful of Doritos, puts em on a plate and proceeds to go to town on them. Gets finished and starts licking all the Dorito dust off his fingers. That's gross but then, a few minutes later he goes back to the bowl and grabs another handful. No washing of the hands, nothing. AYFKM? Dude...Licking chip dust off your fingers is a disgusting thing in and of itself, wash your damn hands like an adult, but this is next level disgusting. I don't like Doritos so whatever, it doesn't affect me, but I did mention to my GF, who is known to crush some Doritos, about what I saw and I strongly recommended she avoid the chip bowls. I wanted to throw the entire bowl out, save everybody from this sicko. This is an example of why I never eat at parties.

This is a minor, first world problem annoyance, but still worth mentioning: don't you hate when concerts never begin at the specified time? I've been to ones where they begin anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour after when they're supposed to start. I expressed my frustration about this a few years in the most mature, adult manner possible: making a starter pack.