Documentaries

Tools    

Been following Jose Andres and WCK for awhile now....very happy to see his work is becoming mainstream in a sense. Lovely documentary.

Yeah, but obviously I wasn't referring to turning it into something that mirrors itself in the regard you're speaking of, that wouldn't make any sense at all. No. I thought it would have been pretty obvious what my meaning was. I'll spell it out letter for letter next time. For the pedantic people and those who get oh so very easily confused.
Gee, what’s with the hostility?

Old men in Italy who search for precious truffles in the woods with their dogs. Moderately interesting.

Apparently, a lot of the scenes for Salt for Svanetia were originally part of a fictional production and edited into this "documentary." I had a feeling a lot of it was staged/stylized. I get the feeling it should've stayed a fictional movie, because some scenes were powerful. But I really don't know my final thoughts about the movie yet. I mean, one the one hand, it;s incredibly well filmed. On the other hand, the authenticity is quite questionable. The emotional side of me wants to give it an 8 or 9, but the logical side of me says that as a documentary, it caves in on its own purpose for existence due to its background as an unrealized fiction.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The Yes Men are pranksters with a pretty strong political bent - they set up websites pertaining to be certain organisations and figures, and when they're invited to events or interacted with they behave either like these entities really should, or in ways that exaggerate their negative points. Some of their pranks have that Sacha Baron Cohen cringe factor - but their sensibilities are great, and as such I wish them and everyone who models themselves on them all the luck in the world. The documentary is just like a taste of what they do.

I think I'll watch this. Sounds good. Thank you.

I forgot the opening line.
I think I'll watch this. Sounds good. Thank you.
They released another documentary a few years later that is better than that one, but in the same vein - The Yes Men Fix the World (2009) - I haven't watched it yet but I intend to.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

I found it a little pretentious and very overprotective of its subject.
Well it probably should be. If you weren't a flower child in the '60s you would likely feel as many of us did that Fonda was treasonous, and wanting to do harm to the American military. To many she was a stain on that era.

Not a fan per se, but this wasn’t half bad.

Another true life crime story from Netflix. Interesting.

Not sure if this is a documentary or a movie. It’s both, I guess. Re-watch though I don’t know why I wanted to re-watch it.

All based on the premise that actor/director Sarah Polley’s father is not her biological father. Which I don’t particularly find that interesting.

Kind of daft, but good fun. I enjoyed it.

Filmed in 2008. SS officers who are old now & who still deny they were any part of the Final Solution are interviewed, among other Germans & Austrians. Scary people.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Do we have threads that are divided by the streaming platform? Might not be a bad idea. Sometimes I'll see something on Prime, and you are given the chance to choose between the two channels for a trial, and knowing that information could help make decisions easier.