Politics UK

Tools    

Mod, a white Ford Transit van is the workhorse of vans, the most popular amongst self employed builders, plasterers, roofers . It's become shorthand for your working class man.
Gotcha! That makes sense.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Well, at least we now know that Rochester has 16,867 complete and utter idiots living there.

Really. What seems idiotic to me is voting in Labour then growing tired of them after 10 or so years, then it's back to Conservative again for another 10 or so years, get pissed off at them and back to Labour and round and round and round. Just like America, let's vote in the Democrats for "change" then after 8 years, back to Republicans and round and round and round.

Time to give someone else a chance, UKIP aren't perfect but Nigel Farage talks common sense when he opens his mouth and you get a sense of truthfulness about him unlike condescending deceit from Cameron, Miliband and Clegg.

Are UKIP really racist? Is it really racist to want to change immigration policy and perhaps put the needs of actual UK citizens first? Nett migration was 1.86 million in the past year, that's 2 Birminghams, the country isn't big enough, there's nowhere for these people to go, the Hospitals, Schools, housing, welfare etc are approaching breaking point while the mainstream guys dither.

Do you want to live in an area that's had 700 Roma gypsy families move in like in Sheffield? no me neither.

Yeah you're right Nausicaa it's idiotic to think that anyone other than the 2 main parties could possibly run a government.

There are good grass roots politicians of all shades everywhere in the country. Will they ever get top jobs?

My old European Lit lecturer ran for Westminster when I was at Uni, and I did a lot of campaigning for him. I became firm friends with Colin over the years he was an MP, even though I wasn't living anywhere near his constituency. He was a proper Old Labour man and found himself marginalised under Blair despite being a hugely capable MP.

We don't do more than exchange Christmas cards these days but Colin's kind of a hero of mine.

There's very little of that kind of politician left in Westminster. Personally, I'd ban anyone from becoming an MP until they're at least 50 - Career politicians are a big part of the problem.
Good point about career Politicians. I think similar about teachers, they go to school, then more school to learn how to teach, then back to school to do the teaching seemingly without any life experience should be a ban on anyone starting teaching until they are at least 30.

Don't get me wrong... I love my Country...

But if I vote, this is what I vote for:

Labour: Hypocrites and thieves
Conservative: Liars, hypocrites and thieves
Lib Dem: Liars and hypocrites
UKIP: Liars, thieves and racists
BNP: Hypocrites and racists

So, because I love my country so much, I won't be held responsible for any of them coming into power.
Let's not forget the recent headlines about Lab/ Con covering up of establishment peadophile rings in the 70s and 80s and perhaps more recently. Also the shocking news story in the last few weeks that a witness claimed he saw a Conservative MP strangle a 12 year old boy to death at one of those sordid parties, a claim now being investigated by the. Police and backed up by other witnesses.

Yeah you're right Nausicaa it's idiotic to think that anyone other than the 2 main parties could possibly run a government.
I didn't say anything of the sort.

True but you did say that 16k people who did vote for someone else, in this case UKIP were and I quote " complete and utter idiots".

The People's Republic of Clogher
Good point about career Politicians. I think similar about teachers, they go to school, then more school to learn how to teach, then back to school to do the teaching seemingly without any life experience should be a ban on anyone starting teaching until they are at least 30.
That struck me a while back when I saw an interview with one of the NI MPs, Jeffrey 'hotel movie expenses' Donaldson. He's in his early 50s and has only ever worked either for politicians (Enoch friggin Powell in this case) or as a politician himself.

Gandalf asking about "Are UKIP really racist?"

They have some great ideas about immigration, and I agree with their plans for getting out from under the EU boot.

But I have this niggling thorn in my mind that if they come to power, they'll turn into a BNP style party. I have relatives in who are immigrants.

Let's face it, all the other parties have changed and done U-Turns on their policies as soon as they got into No.10.

Hell, if UKIP come into power, even I will be out on my heels. Born and bred in England, white parents, registered as White, but my Great Grandmother was a black woman.
If UKIP turn out to be a BNP style party, that'll be me and my family sent to New Zealand straight away.

Come to think of it, might be a good thing. New Zealand is a beautiful Country. I'm voting UKIP.

Remember when Paul Daniels, Phil Collins etc said that they'd leave Britain if Labour came to power? If UKIP happens, normal people will do the same...

Farage is a smart guy, I'll give him that. He's doing more to appeal to the disaffected proletariat than the main two parties have done in years but the feeling remains that he's only there because of the justifiable mistrust people now have in their elected representatives. He might weed the total lunatics out before next May but how many electable men and women (do they have any women?) will he produce?

I see the same with Jim Allister over here. Personally I find his politics despicable but it's quite funny watching him holding the wasters in power to account. When push comes to shove in real elections his party's candidates don't come close to getting elected. Take the disaffected Tories away from UKIP and how many candidates do they have?

UKIP's NI leader is one David McNarry, a refugee from the Ulster Unionists with the air of a man who could start a fight in an empty room...

Gandalf asking about "Are UKIP really racist?"

They have some great ideas about immigration, and I agree with their plans for getting out from under the EU boot.

But I have this niggling thorn in my mind that if they come to power, they'll turn into a BNP style party. I have relatives in who are immigrants.

Let's face it, all the other parties have changed and done U-Turns on their policies as soon as they got into No.10.

Hell, if UKIP come into power, even I will be out on my heels. Born and bred in England, white parents, registered as White, but my Great Grandmother was a black woman.
If UKIP turn out to be a BNP style party, that'll be me and my family sent to New Zealand straight away.

Come to think of it, might be a good thing. New Zealand is a beautiful Country. I'm voting UKIP.
The main stream parties and media are desperate to brand them rascist and unfortunately some people believe it.

You can't be serious about the last part.

My son got told off at school for asking the careers teacher if he'd had any other job apart from being a teacher. When he said no , the son said he'd already had three jobs so he had more work experience than the teacher. No one loves a smart arse tho

The fact is that Nigel Farage has a blokeish persona which belies the fact that he also comes from a privileged background, and has only had jobs in the City. He's perceived as someone you could have a pint with, which you so obviously couldn't with Dave or Ed, they'd appear really awkward. This one thing on its own does give him some appeal. It's not him I'm worried about , it's the UKIP fringe racist element that he keeps having to cover for.

I'm very nervous about withdrawing from the EEC, I don't think it's the right way to go . I just feel we are going to be steamrollered out without being presented with the facts about how this will affect our economy . After all the anti EEC scare stories over the years I think a referendum would be a landslide yes vote to leave, without us being presented with proper facts.

Edit- in a wonderful world wouldn't it be great if the really important things in life, education, the NHS, the benefit system got decided about in a cross party way so that there'd be a sense of stability instead of the constant twiddling around with the system and the constant changes that cost so much to reverse

Edit- in a wonderful world wouldn't it be great if the really important things in life, education, the NHS, the benefit system got decided about in a cross party way so that there'd be a sense of stability instead of the constant twiddling around with the system and the constant changes that cost so much to reverse
Yep, it's hugely frustrating but immigration and the EEC are such easy targets for UKIP. I don't want us to withdraw from Europe and love the fact that even this sad little gerrymandered statelet is becoming multicultural.

As the old joke here goes: Is he a Protestant Jew or a Catholic Jew?

My son got told off at school for asking the careers teacher if he'd had any other job apart from being a teacher. When he said no , the son said he'd already had three jobs so he had more work experience than the teacher. No one loves a smart arse tho
That's Gold. Would love to have seen the look on the teachers face. Careers advice teacher who has never been out of a school.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
"The other parties, ladies and gentlemen, are offering you a moon on a stick. But we can do better than that, we're offering you a British moon on a British stick."

Hilarious. FUKP.

I can't believe I've been blind to it for so long. I've been a fan of the Guv since about 2000 and it's never struck me till yesterday how Farage he is. It's perfect.

Today I heard someone saying that they wondered if he'd be allowed to keep the party name (FUKP) because of its similarity to UKIP. Apparently this has precedent.