Robin Williams RIP

Tools    

For those who are more familiar with his film work, he was a heck of a standup, too. This isn't just my favorite of his bits, but one of my favorite standup bits of all time.

It's fairly funny at first, but definitely make sure to listen long enough to get to the golf stuff (and note: lots of language):

Sometimes I'd just like to comprehend what kind of grief can cause that ultimate self-destructive act.

It seems so unreal, so unbelievable. He's one of the actors that brought me so much joy and empathy for his characters. Through his films he seemed to want to make this world a better place. For me, as a child, he was the image of the ultimate optimist, who was still aware of what was happening around him.

It's so sad to realize now that sadness and negativity had overcome all that positivity, all that strength.

Sometimes I just wish I could understand...

"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary!"

I actually saw him on What Dreams May Come the other day. I watched a little of it. That movie where he dies and goes to Heaven. I saw it when it was released in theaters, too. It must have been a sign that this was coming.

I actually saw him on What Dreams May Come the other day. I watched a little of it. That movie where he dies and goes to Heaven. I saw it when it was released in theaters, too. It must have been a sign that this was coming.
I wonder how many people are going to be watching that tonight.

Gooooooooooooood Morning Vietnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!

The guy was a Godsend.

I reviewed One Hour Photo not long ago... gave it 92%. All down to his performance. Actor, comedian, Man.

I wonder how many people are going to be watching that tonight.
I'll probably be watching something Robin Williamsy tonight, but not that.

Anyone want to do a Robin Williams commentary?

I still haven't seen Good Morning, Vietnam, but I don't have it.

There's a movie called World's Greatest Dad starring him. It came out in 2009. It reminds me of this because in the movie, the plot is all about how his son dies by hanging himself. Accidental hanging, that is. That's all I'm gonna say because this is a R.I.P. thread.

There's a movie called World's Greatest Dad starring him. It came out in 2009. It reminds me of this because in the movie, the plot is all about how his son dies by hanging himself. Accidental hanging, that is. That's all I'm gonna say because this is a R.I.P. thread.
The kid in that movie is messed up. Pretty good flick though.

It just stops me cold when I realize someone that brought such laughter and joy could end his life because he felt depression unimaginable. Oh man, what a blow to life.

From Mork & MIndy, to his incredible stand up, to his hilarious films, and his serious chops as an actor displayed later. There is nothing "right" in this ending.

RIP Robin

This feels like the worst celebrity death I've experienced so far. I think it's the circumstances and the fact that it's suicide that makes it worse. And unreal.

Here to learn. And judge silently.
Oh my god. I had no idea that he died, that's awful. Good Will Hunting, Dead Poet's Society, and Good Morning Vietnam are some of my favorites, I can't believe this.

Finished here. It's been fun.
First on my list is a long overdue revisit of a childhood favourite: Jumanji.
I feel you on that one. One of my favorite childhood nostalgia movies.

Oh, I just watched that Kevin Spacey movie, Shrink. Probably nobody's seen it. Don't need to. Anyway, Robin Williams was in that. He played an actor seeing a shrink (Kevin Spacey) because he had a sex addiction or something like that.