Inherent Vice

Tools    

Every hour of the day, I find myself checking out the cigarettes and vines website for the first official (teaser) trailer.

Yes, you could say that I'm pretty excited.

Every hour of the day, I find myself checking out the cigarettes and vines website for the first official (teaser) trailer.

Yes, you could say that I'm pretty excited.

yeah im hoping for a trailer soon too!

I've always wanted to go to a meeting with Paul Thomas Anderson and when someone asks where I'm going I can say "I'm going to a PTA meeting"
Fire walk with me.

It has been rumored for a while, but the film's official world premiere will be on October 4th, at the New York Film Festival!

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/pa...ve-1201264784/

Whew, thank God.

I was so worried there wouldn't be a giant ad for Alex's Lemonade in this film.

December seems so far. Also with my luck I will probably not get it in a theater around here till February.

Try Magnolia. That's the one of his that I do like.
Magnolia is very good but it's so f*cking long ... my favorite PTA's movie is definitely There Will Be Blood !

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
It's just over 3 hours long, which isn't that long. Now that the standard length for a superhero movie has become well over 2 hours, three hours of PTA seems like nothing.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Magnolia for a 3-hour movie manages to fly by almost instantly. Don't remember there being a dull moment in it.

PTA only comes around once every few years, so 3 hours is way too short
I'm pretty glad it only took him 2 years this time to make a new film. Let's hope he holds that pace, in stead of going back to the 5 years (each) it took to release his previous two films.

It's just over 3 hours long, which isn't that long. Now that the standard length for a superhero movie has become well over 2 hours, three hours of PTA seems like nothing.
There's nothing better than a near 3 hour Michael Bay epic.

The film is officially 100% FINISHED! Here you can read a little more about the details (it's apparently more than 2 and a half hours long, which makes me really happy) and the different reactions the film got after some screenings:

http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.be/2...eted.html#more

"It's BONKERS -- weird, weird, weird!"

"It's like Altman's The Long Goodbye, but amped up to 11."

-----------------------

It seems like PTA made yet another film that's specifically made for true cinephiles and less for a mainstream audience. He did what he felt was right and keeps doing what he wants. PTA is definitely not a sell-out! I LOVE it and personally can't wait to see more material (Like an official poster, teaser or trailer).