Beheading of Nick Berg

Tools    

That is only one small fraction of what I wrote to you. I have CAUGHT you lying more than once, John. That's why I said what I said. If you started a movement in your hometown while you were a little kid, then I retract what I said. Besides, that isn't really the issue at hand. You say that you have it all figured out, I say there's more to consider that you haven't thought of yet.

You downloaded a friggin' video of a guy getting his head cut off and came here telling us all that we shouldn't do it. It appears that somebody should have been here to tell you that. Nucklehead.

And John, remember that I'm not treating you as an enemy, but rather, as a concerned older person that worries about your mental welfare.

But probably the best route from here on is to just mind my own business and keep quiet about how upset I am that morbid people keep this video in high demand where more and more sites will host it to keep up the demand. It makes me sick thinking about his poor family and this remarkably inconsiderate country I belong to.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

You ready? You look ready.
Another thing Slay, I called the ones doing harm to our people scum; not the entire race. Also, our troops did do a bad thing but it's not nearly as bad as what the Japanese and Vietnamese did to out people during war. We needed to go in because Saddam was a threat to the Iraqi people. It wasn't because of revenge. One more thing, I'm not signing my life away to the Marines, I'm doing a grateful service that anyone who does it is a hero no matter if they are a cook. I don't want to have another Vietnam happen and that's why I support the troops. Tell me, why we only see the bad that happens in Iraq? Can you answer that? It's a political schema to get Americans to vote for Kerry and not Bush. Tell me, whose in reporting? Democrats. That's the majority of the reporters. I 've heard so many good things, from soldiers, that they could fill the news for two hours.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
That is only one small fraction of what I wrote to you. I have CAUGHT you lying more than once, John. That's why I said what I said. If you started a movement in your hometown while you were a little kid, then I retract what I said. Besides, that isn't really the issue at hand. You say that you have it all figured out, I say there's more to consider that you haven't thought of yet.

You downloaded a friggin' video of a guy getting his head cut off and came here telling us all that we shouldn't do it. It appears that somebody should have been here to tell you that. Nucklehead.

And John, remember that I'm not treating you as an enemy, but rather, as a concerned older person that worries about your mental welfare.

But probably the best route from here on is to just mind my own business and keep quiet about how upset I am that morbid people keep this video in high demand where more and more sites will host it to keep up the demand. It makes me sick thinking about his poor family and this remarkably inconsiderate country I belong to.
I get you completely and I agree with the last bit. It's horrible to see that, yet teenagers are being brainwashed to resist violence. To fight like robots. That's the schema in America's Army. I'm against that. Video games are getting more violent and that's brainwashing kids. The actually reality is horrifying and should be understood so we don't become immune to it.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by runningscared
leaving the savages to rot would be too much to ask for from a government who can't even be a**ed to disclose the truth to those who deserve to know!!! I'm sick and tired of the goody-goody "we're there to help s**t" because the only thing we seem to be doing is sending our troops to be slaughtered!!! I have no sympathy for Iraq anymore-they're not worth our help!!!
You are a confused individual who seems to be taking CNN's word for it too easily. If only I weren't a college student working a $10/hr job with debts half-way up my a$$; I would challenge you to fly over there to Iraq with me right now...not to see the slaughtering... but the suffering. The people who lost their water and power due to the unaviodable events of the battles there are more angles to the war than the news covers... they only choose to cover the killing because its focus, its exciting and it demands your attention.

Originally Posted by kaisersoze
You are a confused individual who seems to be taking CNN's word for it too easily. If only I weren't a college student working a $10/hr job with debts half-way up my a$$; I would challenge you want to fly over there to Iraq with me right now...not to see the slaughtering... but the suffering. The people who lost their water and power due to the unaviodable events of the battles there are more angles to the war than the news covers... they only choose to cover the killing because its focus, its exciting and it demands your attention.
I'm very you. That in, my opinion, is the brainwashing of Americans by the Democrats. They liberal beliefs are pissing me off.

Originally Posted by John McClane
Another thing Slay, I called the ones doing harm to our people scum; not the entire race.
You said, “I feel obligated to go out and protect our country from the scum of the earth.” I say that they were people who believe they are doing what’s right for their people, for their country, and for their God. They are not the scum of the Earth. I exaggerated with the entire race remark, but it seemed as if you were blanketing them all.

Also, our troops did do a bad thing but it's not nearly as bad as what the Japanese and Vietnamese did to out people during war.
What’s that got to do with anything, especially with what we’re talking about tonight? What I said is that this video is making our own countrymen and women lose sight of the other issues at hand.

We needed to go in because Saddam was a threat to the Iraqi people. It wasn't because of revenge.
According to our President, we needed to go in to protect the American way of life. You yourself said, “I feel obligated to go out and protect our country from the scum of the earth.” You said it, not me. I asked you, “Are they threatening our way of life?” You haven’t answered that.

One more thing, I'm not signing my life away to the Marines, I'm doing a grateful service that anyone who does it is a hero no matter if they are a cook.
I never said you would be signing it away. If you want to join the Marines, go for it. My point is that you haven’t thought it all the way through, because to me, you haven’t. But that doesn’t matter either.

I don't want to have another Vietnam happen and that's why I support the troops. Tell me, why we only see the bad that happens in Iraq? Can you answer that?
Nobody said anything about not supporting the fighting men and women who are following orders. Nobody.

It's a political schema to get Americans to vote for Kerry and not Bush. Tell me, whose in reporting? Democrats. That's the majority of the reporters. I 've heard so many good things, from soldiers, that they could fill the news for two hours.
Get real. There are just as many, if not more, conservatively slanted papers and news shows, as there are liberal. Don’t become a damn conspiracy theorist.

I'm very you. That in, my opinion, is the brainwashing of Americans by the Democrats. They liberal beliefs are pissing me off.
I hazard to guess that you're getting this belief from your parents or someone else close to you. That is not what's happening. And what liberal beliefs are you talking about anyway?

I'm just going to forget everything you all have said and drop it because you all don't understand me.
That's convinient.

Slay understands what you're saying he just doesn't agree with you.

Ah, screw it. Believe what you want to believe, and sorry for calling you a fibber.

I am truly sorry for making this thread,, I meant only to remember the man...Nick Berg...forgive me please.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
I'm just going to forget everything you all have said and drop it because you all don't understand me.
You have a lot of heart I will give you that, but this war is not black and white... it is not simply about killing Saddam and al qeada supporters.... IT IS NOT!

The Bush adminstration itself has used 27 rationales to justify the war from Sept/12/02 - present
http://www.pol.uiuc.edu/news/largio.htm
http://www.news.uiuc.edu/news/04/0510war.html

I worry for you, like Slay I feel you have a lot of "growning up" to do. I think you are alot more aware of whats going on in the world than most 14 yr. olds definitely... but the degree of your understanding RIGHT NOW, I can honestly say you would not be the Ideal soilder to send to Iraq.

Why? because I believe with your current understanding of the war if a soilder at the Abu prison were to have said to you: "these bastards have valuable information to our success in the war but they aren't talking" and then showed you the footage of Nick Burg for added effect - I seriously believe you would have no problem beating the intel out of the P.O.W. I suspect you will disagree with me, but you have 20/20 hindsight.

John keep fighting the good fight, but make sure you do so for the right reasons.

Originally Posted by 7thson
I am truly sorry for making this thread,, I meant only to remember the man...Nick Berg...forgive me please.
Oh. stop it.

Why does everybody have to be so dramatic? I was pissy because people were viewing the video. Then John said some stuff, then I did...blah, blah, blah, no big deal.

You and I have some personal experience with the Iraqi people. I was just trying...screw it.

This is exactly the kind of debate that should arise from a tragedy like this. We're all talking about things that matter.

As for the victim, he knew his ass was on the line by just being there. It's terrible and too bad, but such is life on the battlefield. I just feel sorry for his loved ones that know that millions of people are watching their kid die.

WARNING: "Nick Berg Video" spoilers below
just wanted to say out of curiosity,i took it upon myself to watch the video,i didnt watch the full 4 hr version just a shorter 5:30 version,the beginning he tells who he is and where hes from,his familys names,then it cuts to the motherless f**ks standin behind him in their p*ssy hooded masks on,the one in the middle reads like a 4 page speach in that ugly friggin language they speak over there,then you hear screaming in the background i think by the camera person who from what it sounds like is a woman,its not nick berg or any of the militants themselves.the whole time berg seams not scared at all,im thinkin he was under the impression that they were just gonna hold him prisinor and thats it,he seemed pretty calm about the situation.then the dude in the middle pulls out a knife,not like a machate or a hatchet,a like rambo knife,one guy holds berg down,as the sick F**k with the knife proceeds to cut berg on the right side of his neck,berg doesnt seem to make any painful noises or anything,you see lots of blood comin out,and they proceed to cut his head off,it takes like a min and a half,anyway it was the most disturbing thing i ever seen,i think i've said enough,i wouldnt recommend anybody else seein it,its rough...

I must become Caligari..!
John, What makes you think that the people that Killed Nick where Iraqis, How do you know it wasnt Israelis, Or the CIA or ..... Marines?, The "Scum Of The Earth" may very well be your future Commanding Officer.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Odd how some people are questioning whether or not the men under the masks who butchered Nick Berg were actually who they said they were … and yet no one seemed to even question if the men under the masks/panties in the prison pictures were actually who the media said they were…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Odd how some people are questioning whether or not the men under the masks who butchered Nick Berg were actually who they said they were … and yet no one seemed to even question if the men under the masks/panties in the prison pictures were actually who the media said they were…
I just believe the whole Nick Berg thing is a little to suss, the timing the stuff in the article I posted before, There is more evidence in the prison pictures. I just don't know how people could not believe that there government could kill one of there own for there own gain,

MovieDVDFreak.. You are a sad sad person

Originally Posted by Hondo333
I just believe the whole Nick Berg thing is a little to suss, the timing the stuff in the article I posted before, There is more evidence in the prison pictures. I just don't know how people could not believe that there government could kill one of there own for there own gain,

MovieDVDFreak.. You are a sad sad person
My previous comment was just an observation and not targeted at you… I’m glad you are questioning things… however, you should also question, not only the message, but the messenger as well… and by that, I am referring to the article you posted…

So, let’s look at the article you posted a little closer:

Why was Mr. Berg picked up by coalition forces and imprisoned, so much so that his family sued Donald Rumsfeld for his release and information on him. The military says it released him, but suddenly then, he disappeared becausse when people went to see him at the hotel he was allegedly registered at, he wasn't there and no one there knew of him.
From what I can find out about this… Mr. Berg was detained by Iraqi police on March 24th for suspicious behavior and then questioned by FBI agents who decided he was not a threat… the FBI then warned him he could be in danger due to the situation in Iraq and offered to arrange to have him flown home. Mr. Berg refused, was released on April 6th and returned to the Fanar Hotel where he was staying in room 602. A few days after his release, Mr. Berg was contacted by the US Consulate who also offered to make arrangements to fly him home… which he again refused. His family stated they last heard from him on April 9th and Hotel staffers have confirmed he was in his room from April 6th until April 10th and that he left early every morning after requesting a supply of beer and bottled water. The incident Mr. Hamod is referring to did not take place until April 14th when a private contractor went to the hotel to see if Mr. Berg was still there and was apparently told by one of the Hotel staff that they didn‘t know him… a denial that could stem from numerous reasons, one of which could have been fear… but regardless, Mr. Berg did not suddenly disappear as Mr. Hamod implied… his whereabouts during the night and early morning can be accounted for, for at least 4 days after the FBI questioned him.

why was Mr. Berg in an American issued orange jump suit--the kind Americans put prisoners in, when he was photographed and killed? The Iraqis or other Arabs would have had him in Arab clothing so as not to draw suspicion to him of his being a prisoner--not an orange jump suit.
After looking at the pictures, the only thing I can see the clothing Mr. Berg has on in common with the prison jumpsuits issued in the United States is the color (although it is not the same shade)… terrorist like to play mind games so I feel sure there is a significance behind the color… and Mr. Hamod’s statement about the Arab clothing is a little ridiculous… all they had to do was make him change his clothing before they took the video…

Also, the way the men were standing, and their size, as a person experienced in the middle east, most Arabs don't stand that way and most Iraqis are not that tall--the men stand more like Westerners of some sort, or even Israelis, but not like Arabs or Iraqis."
Mr. Hamod might be experienced in certain aspects of the middle east but it is apparent, to me at least, he is not very experienced in judging photos… or videos for that matter since I assume he would have had to watch the thing to even come to these conclusions…

Anyway, I’m not even going to go into the rest of his article… I’m not really sure what Professor Hamod’s agenda is… but judging from the numerous other article’s I read by him that were basically anti-Iraqi war, anti-Bush, anti-Israel, and pro-Palestinians… I have a fairly good idea.

In answer to your statement about people refusing to believe their governments could kill one of their own for their own agenda… I have no doubts they do and will again… however, I don’t think that is what happened in this particular case…

If you look into this a little deeper, I would hazard a guess that the real reason Nick Berg was butchered was because he had just been awarded a contract as a subcontractor to set up a US controlled Iraqi media network… that, along with the fact he was Jewish very well could have sealed his fate.

I’m sorry I missed placing spoilers around moviedvdfreaks post… I think it is appalling that this video is even on the internet in the first place and every time some little curiosity seeker downloads it, they are doing exactly what Mr. Berg’s butchers wanted them to

Ayiawa nvwadohiyadv Nick Berg…

Originally Posted by kaisersoze
You are a confused individual who seems to be taking CNN's word for it too easily. If only I weren't a college student working a $10/hr job with debts half-way up my a$$; I would challenge you to fly over there to Iraq with me right now...not to see the slaughtering... but the suffering. The people who lost their water and power due to the unaviodable events of the battles there are more angles to the war than the news covers... they only choose to cover the killing because its focus, its exciting and it demands your attention.
I respect what you're saying...I'm being trained to be open minded, I'm a student in psychology and forensics, and I do understand that there are people suffering...thats on the news too...well, British news (so I don't really watch CNN)...and though I feel bad for those people, I also think that if those who are suffering took a stand (and didn't just leave it) then maybe help would be a little closer for them. Instead of complaining that everything is so bad they should do something about it. As for the news being exciting-its far from it, its the same s**t all the time...nothing is changing. And you can't rebuild a country when its only going to be smashed again by the "trouble-makers". I'm not sure what the answer is to the problem...there is good and bad in every country after all...but I think that our troops are fueling their hate for us, and their gangs are fueling our hate for them. Its time to stop and think of a different course of action. Violence is never the answer, there has to be another way.