David Cassidy RIP

Tools    

Still processing this one...it's like a large part of my teen years has died along with him...this picture is how I like to remember him, circa 1974 when he was the biggest star on the planet. Cannot believe Shirley Jones outlived her stepson and his father and Marty Ingels. He was 67 years old. RIP.

OMG, that is sad news Like Gideon said, I remember watching David Cassidy on the Partridge Family, when I was a kid. I loved that show and thought Keith Partridge was the coolest.

David wrote a lot of the songs they performed on the show too, I don't think he ever got credit as a serious song writer & singer, but he should have. I use to have a Partridge Family album. He'll be missed.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
OMG, that is sad news Like Gideon said, I remember watching David Cassidy on the Partridge Family, when I was a kid. I loved that show and thought Keith Partridge was the coolest.

David wrote a lot of the songs they performed on the show too, I don't think he ever got credit as a serious song writer & singer, but he should have. I use to have a Partridge Family album. He'll be missed.

After "The Partridge Family" ended, he had a career as a solo artist, and he starred in the Broadway show "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" in the early 1980s. He went on to have his own show in Las Vegas.

I nominated one of his songs in the last song tournament, (before he went into the hospital), but sadly, it didn't do well.

David Cassidy - Could It Be Forever

...I nominated one of his songs in the last song tournament, (before he went into the hospital), but sadly, it didn't do well.
You should have went with the biggy, for the tournament... I think I love you

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You should have went with the biggy, for the tournament... I think I love you

I prefer to nominate some lesser known songs for the tournaments. They get boring when most of the songs are common songs we hear on the radio all the time.

I, too, was a huge Partridge Family fan when I was a preteen. I was in love with Susan Dey who was my main draw, but I got into quite a few of the songs and Cassidy had a fine voice and was a decent actor, too.

CR, I used to have a couple of their albums also (the first two I think). My personal favorite of theirs was a hit also but never got as much airplay as I Think I Love You. It may be corny now, but I loved the 70s "walka-chicka" guitar in this (in the middle section).

You can't win an argument just by being right!
[quote=Gideon58;1827712]

so sad. Such a big crush of mine when I was a littley. Had no idea she was his stepmother.Val,e/QUOTE]

I prefer to nominate some lesser known songs for the tournaments. They get boring when most of the songs are common songs we hear on the radio all the time.
One my other favorite singles of his was "How Can I Be Sure?"

I always liked this song almost as much as "I Think I Love You".

"In the words of David Cassidy in fact, while he was still with the Partridge Family, I think I love you."

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Holden and matt, thanks for those videos. I really like that song too, particularly the lead guitar. The Partridge Family really had a decent number of good songs. The record company made sure David and Shirley were surrounded by fine session musicians, including Larry Knechtel (one of the members of the hit group Bread) on keyboards and a superstar of session players, Hal Blaine, on the drums.

Here's a song that I thought got a lot of airplay but it's not on any of their Greatest Hits, but it is on their first album, The Partridge Family Album. Anyway, I like it: