Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Drumcondra under 11's could probably beat us right now tbf

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Imagine being one of those photographers lying down. You've feel that in your chakras.

^^That stuff makes me laugh. Why they don't and tell them to get on with it I don't know. Maybe every team should have a culturally relevant way of intimidating the opposition? The English could stick their fingers up, the Scots could moon, etc^^

Good week for the English clubs in the CL. Most of them cruised through their first game, though Dortmund will be wondering how they left London without any points. I'm not one for possession stats (especially in the PL) but with a perfectly good goal being disallowed and their keeper deciding that he was allergic to his near post, it should've been closer than it was.

I didn't watch the game, but it seems as if Liverpool were Liverpool. Poor defence. Two shots on target and two goals, though you can't blame anyone except the defender who swung and missed at the cross for that. Was it Lovren?

What happened in Portugal? Both teams lost at home against teams I'd expect them to beat. Only Sporting won and they were away.

Russia is usually an awkward place to go for a game, but I still thought Napoli would take the win.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Good week for the English clubs in the CL. Most of them cruised through their first game, though Dortmund will be wondering how they left London without any points. I'm not one for possession stats (especially in the PL) but with a perfectly good goal being disallowed and their keeper deciding that he was allergic to his near post, it should've been closer than it was.
Yeah totally should have been a draw going by the highlights.

But It doesn't matter, we won at Wembley, black is white!

It's definitely good news for Spurs. The 'hoodoo' is over... For now. And Kane is scoring again. All four goals were very good in the game. Kane is one of the best out there atm. Not Messi or Ronaldo, obviously, and maybe not Lewandowski, unless his very slight decline becomes more permanent, but otherwise who else is better atm? And he's perfect for Spurs and how Poch wants to play. I'd love to see him at United.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
^^That stuff makes me laugh. Why they don't and tell them to get on with it I don't know. Maybe every team should have a culturally relevant way of intimidating the opposition? The English could stick their fingers up, the Scots could moon, etc^^
You heretic! I'd like to see you tell those big angry mofos to get on with it.

I love it. Spine tingling.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Sérgio Conceição seems to have them playing quite well.
Yeah, we didn't buy any player this season (except for the 3rd GK), he is using the players that were on the team last year and some that were on loan and returned. It's a freaking miracle to see how the team has changed in a few months. We have a match against Sporting Lisbon next Sunday that can make us 1st place, 5 points ahead of them or 2nd, one point behind. But so far, so good.

And Basel! Basel is another great team! ahahahahah

I didn't see the game, but it's a good away win for Porto regardless of the state of the Monaco team these days. They're still better than that scoreline.

An easy win for United and Lukaku should've had a hattrick, but that's OK. The job was done.

Kane did it again. Only APOL I know, but still, two last time and three more this round. He's scoring regardless. I wonder if Spurs will have to fend off a really big offer next summer.

Liverpool should still go through because the other two teams seem to be dire, but they'll do well to get further than the first good team they play. You can't keep it tight at the back with two central defenders and the rest of the team trying to score. When everyone has their scoring boots on you can get away with it. A bit like Newcastle in the 90's, which is what they remind me of.

Lastly a great result for Chelsea last night. I was listening to it on the radio and you could almost hear the disbelief as Atleti lost to the last kick of the game. Batshuayi may never be the #1 striker at Chelsea, but they'll remember him after he's gone as someone who scored important goals.

@Powdered Water So far, so good. 10 points from 12 and joint top with City after 6 games. Lots of people talking about the title being between the two, but I think it'll be City and Chelsea, with United third and Spurs fourth.

We'll have a better idea about United once they've played some tougher games. ATM we're scoring lots of goals, but lots of late goals, which makes me worry about how we'll do against the better teams. If we can keep it up, then we're serious challengers for the title this season, but I still think it'll be third. Which will be OK. Not good, that's the title, but good progress and should set us up for a title next season... But it's if things go as they are. Jose wins the league in his second season is the received wisdom, but so is it all falling apart in the third season. So, maybe, we'll have to start all over again.

Amazingly an Indian is among the top five scorers of goals in international football currently. This inspite of football not being popular in India.

It looks like City is taking this year's title... Guardiola has them playing amazingly well!
Was expecting more from Mourinho, tbh!

Oh, and how's Liverpool playing? I know they have a pretty scary offence but they usually have weak deffenses... Something tells me that in a couple of months there will be many FCPorto fans in here for one night! xD

It looks like City is taking this year's title... Guardiola has them playing amazingly well!
Was expecting more from Mourinho, tbh!
With the exception of how well City are playing (which is both fantastic and annoying) this season is going pretty much as expected. I still think United will finish third behind Chelsea, though I'm not as sure about that as I was at the start of the season. Anyone who thought United would take the title this year either hasn't been watching United for the last 5 or so years, or thought they were watching the '08 United. That's not to say I thought it impossible, but the only thing which had me thinking we could do it was the second season Mou stuff. Which looks like it's certainly come to an end this season.

I am starting to question whether Spurs will take 4th. I thought Wembley would be a problem, and it still will be (not in a curse way, but because other teams will relish playing there), but they don't look anything like as good as they have for the last couple of seasons. Maybe it's just injuries? But Kane has been carrying them all season thus far and he needs a larger supporting cast than Son.

Oh, and how's Liverpool playing? I know they have a pretty scary offence but they usually have weak deffenses... Something tells me that in a couple of months there will be many FCPorto fans in here for one night! xD
I'll be a big Porto fan for two nights.

Liverpool are playing pretty much as you'd expect a Klopp team to play without a Hummels at the back reading the game and organising the defence or the best striker in the game putting away the chances. They're great fun to watch, but even if they're 2-0 up the other team has a chance of winning.

The keeper isn't good enough for a top 4 team, not that he's being helped by the defence or tactics.

Talking of the Scousers, they've just paid £75m for Virgil van Dijk. On the evidence of the season thus far he won't help much, but maybe if his head's right there, he'll look more like the defender of the last couple of seasons. Which will help, but still won't make Liverpool contenders IMO. Liverpools defensive problems go back to long before Klopp's arrival.

Carlos Carvalhal has been made manager at Swansea after his Christmas Eve sacking from Sheffield Wednesday.

With the exception of how well City are playing (which is both fantastic and annoying) this season is going pretty much as expected. I still think United will finish third behind Chelsea, though I'm not as sure about that as I was at the start of the season. Anyone who thought United would take the title this year either hasn't been watching United for the last 5 or so years, or thought they were watching the '08 United. That's not to say I thought it impossible, but the only thing which had me thinking we could do it was the second season Mou stuff. Which looks like it's certainly come to an end this season.

Yeah, but it's Mou, it's always fair to expect a miracle.

Perhaps if Pep wasn't playing in the same league with a never ending budget, ManUn would stand a chance.

Spain and France leagues also seem to have found their winner which is surprising, especially in Spain, considering how strong Real was on the Super Cup in August.
But I hate Real so it's nice to see them sink!

In Portugal, things were going fine to FCPorto, till we gave away 4 points in 2 matches (or in other words, till we were stolen 4 points in 2 matches). Now we're in 1st place tied with sporting lisbon and 3 points ahead of benfica who is a disaster but still manages to get some dubious points... Look at this "offside" that resulted in a cancelled goal that would have given us the win against benfica:

The best part: Portugal is using video referee this year!

I'll be a big Porto fan for two nights.

Liverpool are playing pretty much as you'd expect a Klopp team to play without a Hummels at the back reading the game and organising the defence or the best striker in the game putting away the chances. They're great fun to watch, but even if they're 2-0 up the other team has a chance of winning.

The keeper isn't good enough for a top 4 team, not that he's being helped by the defence or tactics.

Talking of the Scousers, they've just paid £75m for Virgil van Dijk. On the evidence of the season thus far he won't help much, but maybe if his head's right there, he'll look more like the defender of the last couple of seasons. Which will help, but still won't make Liverpool contenders IMO. Liverpools defensive problems go back to long before Klopp's arrival.

Carlos Carvalhal has been made manager at Swansea after his Christmas Eve sacking from Sheffield Wednesday.
It'd be fun to see Porto win against Liverpool but I really doubt that!

There are some interesting portuguese managers in UK, Carvalhal isn't one of them.

Wasn't Klopp against spending unrealistic amounts of money for football players? lol