Hello.

This will sound like SPAM, and you know what? It sort of is. The only differences being that I have gotten away with something like this before, and secondly, people [seem to] actually give a damn about my filmmaking career around here.

Earlier this year I made a short film called Three Card Monte. Before I go on, so you can feel as though you know a little something about the project, feel free to read any and/or all of these related blog posts I made before, during and after production of the short:
  1. Devising the idea.
  2. Inspirational sources.
  3. The first day of shooting.
  4. Second day of shooting.
  5. Third day of shooting.
  6. Deciding to cut two versions.
  7. Some praise.
  8. Being shorlisted for the Crank Film Festival.
  9. Winning the Crank Film Festival.
  10. Just some press tales.
  11. "Matthew Repeats Film Win" article.
  12. Radio interview #1.
  13. Radio interview #2.
  14. Crank Film Festival video diary.

I mean not to blow my own horn [oh, yeah, well slightly]. What I do mean to do is to let you see than donating some money [be it cents, be it dollars] is not a silly, pointless waste. I have proven myself, and the film has too [thus far]. I hope to get Three Card Monte into the Sundance Online Film Festival for 2004. The entry fee is only US$35, but I do not have $70 I can just throw at entry fees. I am a no-budget filmmaker. I made Monte on thirteen dollars, and the thirteen dollars was for the tape.

As Three Card Monte is already finished, I cannot very well offer you a credit in the film, but I can most definitely give you a mention on my website [yeah, 'cause that is an awesome reward and all], and a special thanks at the end of my next film The Cow Hunter of the South Seas, which will be wrapping in late November / early December 2003.

I will hopefully be getting PayPal shortly, but until then, if you're interested in donating, please feel free to PM, IM, or email me.