TABOO, The Tom Hardy FX miniseries

Tools    

@christine Oh no!!! They hated it? I feel like it was just gearing up, and yes! What exactly did he get up to in Africa, and I wanted to see more of his witchy side, not in a Salem kind of way though... it's worth a second series.

@christine Oh no!!! They hated it? I feel like it was just gearing up, and yes! What exactly did he get up to in Africa, and I wanted to see more of his witchy side, not in a Salem kind of way though... it's worth a second series.
I've read a few reviews which either didn't like the supernatural hints, or which laughed at Delaney's abilities of escaping death in so many ways. I've just followed up the report I read about him losing money, but I wouldn't give that any credibility at all now I see the source (an anonymous insider talking to The Sun....)

I've just liked the characters and the settings, and while it is melodramatic, so was Dickens!

Unregistered User
I've read a few reviews which either didn't like the supernatural hints, or which laughed at Delaney's abilities of escaping death in so many ways. I've just followed up the report I read about him losing money, but I wouldn't give that any credibility at all now I see the source (an anonymous insider talking to The Sun....)

I've just liked the characters and the settings, and while it is melodramatic, so was Dickens!

The supernatural/black magic were my least favourite parts to be honest. I think it could have done without it. Didn't spoil it though.

Just read online that Hardy has confirmed there will be a series 2!!
Excellent news. Too bad they killed half the cast, but still.

Just read online that Hardy has confirmed there will be a series 2!!
amazing! Thanks for posting that Sam. Just intrigued now as to what's going to happen. Will they get to America or will the King send another ship to waylay them? interesting!

Unregistered User
amazing! Thanks for posting that Sam. Just intrigued now as to what's going to happen. Will they get to America or will the King send another ship to waylay them? interesting!

Guess we'll have to wait till Taboo Too!

Guess we'll have to wait till Taboo Too!
That should definitely be the title.

Just finished it.

Have to agree something felt missing, I feel the "Ghost" that killed Winter will be touched upon in the future. I think this is a sign that the series is finding its legs, and it will improve as time goes on.

I like the black magic element. Back then, magic had a scary bite about it, and was in the hearts & minds of most men. In a series like this it has a place.

Curious if season 2 will be just about the journey, and that could be a brutality in itself. More flash backs are sure to come.

Recognized/realized another actor.....he played Al Capone from Boardwalk Empire....this shows how strong the costuming was done in this series.

Stephen Graham

Great stuff, and btw, I like Hardys grunts Its more natural than Marlon Brandos mumbles.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I haven't read any of the thread, because I'm only my 3rd episode (which just so happens to be the 4th). I'm kinda lost, because I don't really know what is suppose to be known and what is not. I think my dvr was set for "save at most 7 episodes" and the on-demand FX starts with episode 2.

I know that Delaney came back from Africa and his pa is dead and he is picking up the pieces. His stake in the Nootka Sound is what everything centers around. He is also an entrepreneur in the field of human waste collection.

It's kinda neat and I like the production, but I'm a little mixed on the supernatural vs. business espionage stuff. Overall its cool seeing someone like Hardy in a tv show. I did have to turn on the closed captions to make sense of a bunch of the dialogue.

So many F's, they had plenty to give.

It's great and I'm at a point in my life where I love period stuff. The story is a mess ... entertaining ... but it is hard to believe, even for something with a supernatural twinge. Carnivale was easier to believe .

This might just do nobody any good.
The best part about this show was finding out Tom Hardy’s dad is named Chips.

Yeah, kinda wish the dude would chill on the movies and do s2.