The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

If Trump doesnt take Florida, then imo hes lost. This redneck haven down here doesnt swing Trump then I doubt Ohio would.

I'll hazard a prediction: Hillary by 5-6%, and probably something like 100 electoral votes. EDIT: bit under, rather than a bit over, if I have to choose.

Won't say a Trump win is impossible, but I'll be very surprised. If we get that, then polling as we know it has to be fundamentally reformed, and politicis as we know it is irrevocably altered. That said, I'd bet on a Hillary landslide before I bet on a Trump win.

We shall see.

Who is Evan McMullin? Third-party candidate may shake-up presidential election

SALT LAKE CITY -- You’ve probably heard as much as you want to about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump but do you know -- Evan McMullin?

Watch: How Clinton, Trump campaigns feel about Utah's Evan McMullin

He’s running for president -- and he has a shot at winning Utah.

In his home state of Utah, McMullin is both loved and loathed.

Utah’s six electoral votes were considered safe for Donald Trump until McMullin, a conservative former CIA operative and a Mormon, jumped into the race as a third-party candidate.

Why is he running for president?

“I think Hillary Clinton is deeply corrupt,” McMullin told CBS News. “She’s willing to sacrifice our national security secrets and information. Donald Trump on the other hand, I think is somebody who is willing to divide our country -- race against race, religion against religion, and he does pose a true danger to our country.”

McMullin is on the ballot in just 11 states, but winning Utah could block Trump’s narrow path to the White House.

If the race is so close that neither Clinton nor Trump get 270 electoral votes, the House of Representatives picks the next president. If McMullin wins Utah, he would be one of the choices.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...yM0?li=BBnbfcL

Man, my timing was perfect!
First, the school where I vote is at the end of my block & one street over - so I walked there on this beautiful day.

Second, I see a line at the voting booth, but then get directed to a registration table with no one at it - they tell me to vote in the booth directly behind me... which has NO line. (I live in the ward with no line!)

Either I'm getting much older or kids are getting younger because I saw a bunch of young people in the line for a voting booth who didn't look older than 14. Hard to believe they were 18. (Perhaps more Hillary "voters" using the names of their deceased grandparents!)

Lastly, not a single Black Panther in sight!

Hillary Clinton overwhelmingly wins in Guam

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Aj2?li=BBnb7Kz

Just a fyi, I think theres more people in this Gif than there is in all of Guam

Oh, that election night coverage I mentioned is actually streamable on the Internet. I'll be sure to post a link before I go. Note: it's a Christian station, so it's Christian coverage. My segments are mostly going to just be analysis of returns and the like, though.

Just got back. Voted for McMullin. Feel great about it.
Did you have to write him in? I couldn't find him on the voting ballot.
(Yet, online he's listed in the top 5 just after Jill Stein. And on the actual voting ballot in the booth there were a few names for President I never heard of, but McMullin wasn't among them.)

Yes, in PA he's not on the ballot proper, though he's been confirmed as an acceptable write-in option (as opposed to writing in whoever), which I think means (among other things) that they can consider intent if you, say, misspell his name or something.

Oh, that election night coverage I mentioned is actually streamable on the Internet. I'll be sure to post a link before I go. Note: it's a Christian station, so it's Christian coverage. My segments are mostly going to just be analysis of returns and the like, though.
It's not CATHOLIC is it? "Bloody Catholics!"

(Disclaimer: not an exclamation of actual bias, but a quote from a Monty Python movie!)

I hope for you guys that Trump win

Reminder: this is the non-partisan thread! Feel free to editorialize in the Hillary/Trump threads. But let's give people the option of following updates without having to wade through arguments, if they want it.

What time and do you think it will be available in the UK, or just US? If i do stay up i'll listen to this.

Reminder: this is the non-partisan thread! Feel free to editorialize in the Hillary/Trump threads. But let's give people the option of following updates without having to wade through arguments, if they want it.
What about Catholics? Can we editorialize about them here?

Election Day: Voters report long lines, intimidation and confusion in some parts of the country

As voters flooded polling places across the country on Election Day, some reported problems such as long lines, confusion and voter intimidation in states ranging from Texas to Pennsylvania.

While voting appears to be proceeding without any headaches in many locations, the wave of complaints Tuesday morning came as election observers say they expect a significant increase in the number of issues reported nationwide.

As the bitter presidential campaign rumbled toward its conclusion, officials across the country have been bracing for the possibility of confusion and chaos on Election Day, owing to a flurry of new voting restrictions and Republican nominee Donald Trump’s calls for his supporters to closely monitor polling places.

Voters in Florida, a key battleground, have reported multiple accounts of voters saying they have encountered aggressive, intimidating behavior, according to a nonpartisan group monitoring election issues nationwide.

“In Florida we continue to receive a substantial amount of complaints about voter intimidation,” said Kristen Clarke, president of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, the group running an independent effort to field voter complaints and questions.

Clarke said her group received reports from Miami-Dade County of “yelling, people using megaphones aggressively.” In Jacksonville, in the northeast corner of the state, Clarke said, “an unauthorized individual was found inside [a] polling place.”

This person was at St. Paul’s Methodist Church, a polling precinct in what Clarke described as a part of Jacksonville with predominantly black residents.

“He was asked to leave and refused,” she said. “Through our intervention and calls, that individual has been removed. Unauthorized individuals have no place in the polls.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...xeG?li=BBnb7Kz

So dont announce in here when a candidate gets a state? I was gonna do it for both of them.