The Election News and Predictions Thread

Tools    

Trump is holding a lead in Colorado early voting with significant turnout. The state has gone blue for Obama both times, and was projected as a light blue state this year

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/07...-election-day/

Think that happened last time. From what I've been reading, early voting has a hazy relationship to results, since we don't have a good handle on how much it's just cannibalizing Election Day turnout.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
They don't know how many votes anybody has. All they know is that 7,000 (0.4% of the ballots so far) more registered Rep. voted than registered Dem.

I was going to put down predictions, but honestly I'd be drafting off of 538 pretty hard.

Preferred party aside, a tied senate would be an interesting outcome.

Possible interesting state outcomes include blue Alaska and Georgia, red northeast in Maine/NH, and McMullin Utah.

For CA, I'm interested in how Prop 61 & 64 shake out. CA going recreational provides a framework for larger states, and normalizes it a lot.

I think it is going to be closer than many think and I would not be surprised at a 269/269 result.

However, I see Clinton winning in a squeaker and probably some type of contested result.

I'm going to stay up as long as I can to watch the results as I've got work the next day, but it's fascinating. I think we're more interested in your election here in the UK than we've ever been before. Many of us were completely knocked sideways by the UK Brexit vote. I still can't believe it. The amount of surprises we've had in British politics since July has been interesting to say the least, so unpredictable things can happen and a man like Trump rising to the top I think is chilling. It's far worse than a petty meanspirited man like Farage having influence over here. Because of the US power in the world, I'm more than a little uneasy.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
If Hillary doesn't get 270, the House will vote, and it's overwhelmingly Republican, and probably without enough "Never Trump" supporters.. Is the vote public? That could be the difference. I'm sure some public figures said they'd vote for _____ but will vote a different way in private for ulterior motives.

Master of My Domain
Well, I can't vote, but good luck America! I'll check the results as soon as I wake up next morning.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I'm going to stay up as long as I can to watch the results as I've got work the next day, but it's fascinating. I think we're more interested in your election here in the UK than we've ever been before. Many of us were completely knocked sideways by the UK Brexit vote. I still can't believe it. The amount of surprises we've had in British politics since July has been interesting to say the least, so unpredictable things can happen and a man like Trump rising to the top I think is chilling. It's far worse than a petty meanspirited man like Farage having influence over here. Because of the US power in the world, I'm more than a little uneasy.
There has genuinely been more coverage of the US election than our own last year!

But best of luck to all you American MoFos! I'll be staying up tonight to see the results, I imagine a lot of people across the globe will be.
In fact, my uni are hosting an election party all night

I'll vote after work. Our company actually has some of the guys scheduled to get back after the polls close. If I'm not mistaken, they could get fined for that and even sued by an employee who missed their opportunity to vote. Of course I won't say anything.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
So what sort of time can we expect a result?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
polls close at 7, so we won't know anything about anything until then. usually don't get them til later tho, like 10 or 11?

this morning on the way to work, as i was going over the bridge that connects the beachside to the mainland, there was someone dressed up in prison clothes wearing a hilary mask waving at people, lol.

happy election day.

So what sort of time can we expect a result?
I watched the full thing in 2012 and it was really late over here when it came. Seemed to be just about a certainty quite a bit earlier after certain states had been announced though; i imagine the same will happen here. I'm not expecting a landslide but i am expecting a pretty comfortable win for Hilary.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Luckily, most of the battleground states are on the east coast, so it might not be that late.. I think in 2012 it wasn't announced until about 11pm, followed by Romney's concession speech.

Yeah, no consequential state is likely to be called much before 10:00, and you'll probably see a lot around 11:00. Unless it's much closer than expected, good chance we'll get a call between 11:00 and midnight. If it's earlier, it's probably an EV landslide. If it's later, buckle up.