Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

You want to start a terrorist attack and make it sticky?
No. I want to shut up now. I have said enough.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
For example, if i get robbed in a Muslim area and go to the police then the police themselves say that I should go to the local Muslim politician of the area and he will help nab the thief. The police dare'nt tread in that area.
I've heard the same stuff said about England, the US... If that's true, then the police are worthless.

I always love having freedom to post anything, but even a political person like me has stopped chatting about it. It's getting redundant, cliches are being repeated.. I think one thread is enough, or a merge.

That stuff about Muslim areas in the UK where white people don't go through fear of being killed, is bollocks btw.

Sure, there's areas where there are high concentrations of Muzzies, but it's not as bad as the panic mongering tabloids say.

This happens when Muslims cross a certain percentage mark in population. You will shortly experience it in your own country if it is in Europe.
It's a little off-putting to hear human beings described like they're delusional infestations of violence which go through metamorphic phases.

Humans are gross.

That stuff about Muslim areas in the UK where white people don't go through fear of being killed, is bollocks btw.

Sure, there's areas where there are high concentrations of Muzzies, but it's not as bad as the panic mongering tabloids say.
Yep, you are right. From everything i've seen these areas do seem to exist in Sweden but that could be more misreporting and exagarrating by the media. Only someone living in Sweden would really know for sure.

I've never understood why people complain about thread topics on forums when they are not obliged to click on them.

This site does have its "Intermission" forum which states that it's for topics that are not movie related. If the owners / moderators of this site desired all conversation be restricted to movies, I don't think they would have created the "Intermission" section.

I understand some people may come here to escape news and the "real" world, that's fine!
The good news is that there are hundreds and hundreds of threads that can supply such an escape, so why worry about threads that are off-topic? Just seeing an off-topic title in the "New Posts" list is too much to handle?

It's like if every time I opened the New Posts list I said, "Oh no, not another countdown about TV shows!" or "Why are there threads about music on a movie site?" or "Why are people starting threads about books, comics, art, photography, politics, the Presidential election, Internet videos, cartoons, reality TV contest shows, the weather, video games, religion, sex, current events, their personal lives, etc.?"

If people like a topic then look at it, get involved in it if you choose. But if you don't like a topic don't look at it.
Why is this so complicated?

(I only ask because every discussion site I've been on ends up the same - with people complaining that there are topics that they don't want to see, but, for some reason, won't just ignore them in lieu of picking one that interests them.)

Those are fair comments but Ashdoc wasn't complaining about the existance of these threads, he was just suggesting that they be compiled into the one terrorism thread to avoid so many topics. I don't personally think it's necessary but it isn't a bad idea and i've seen it on other sites, with so many of these attacks regrettably happening and these threads usually going 20+ pages i see where he is coming from. On the topic of threads that annoy me, i really think Yoda should sticky an overrated/underrated movie thread as it seems like they are created every week haha.

Those are fair comments but Ashdoc wasn't complaining about the existance of these threads, he was just suggesting that they be compiled into the one terrorism thread to avoid so many topics. I don't personally think it's necessary but it isn't a bad idea and i've seen it on other sites, with so many of these attacks regrettably happening and these threads usually going 20+ pages i see where he is coming from. On the topic of threads that annoy me, i really think Yoda should sticky an overrated/underrated movie thread as it seems like they are created every week haha.
Good point.

I wasn't commenting on anything Ashdoc said, but on the few people who said they don't want to see these kinds of threads on this site because they come here to read only about movies & escape reality.

Is ignoring topics that don't interest them so difficult?

Good point.

I wasn't commenting on anything Ashdoc said, but on the few people who said they don't want to see these kinds of threads on this site because they come here to read only about movies & escape reality.

Is ignoring topics that don't interest them so difficult?
Oh, right. Thought you were talking about Ashdoc. Fair enough. You'll have to ask them.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I've never understood why people complain about thread topics on forums when they are not obliged to click on them. ...
I can ignore the dozens of threads that might come up about attacks, along with the users that choose to partake in them. What I don't understand is giving them more credibility and importance than they are worth on a movie forum, like becoming front and center, sticky, relevent and permanent. Just feels like someone is making an effort to shove them down our throats, with every click on "Miscellaneous Chat". Maybe I misunderstood this topic ...???

Last two posts: forgive me if the issue is with the idea of the thread becoming "sticky."
I'm personally unfamiliar with the term, but based on the context, can pretty much figure out what it means.
Are there any "sticky" threads on this site? (I usually look at "New Posts" which seems to fluctuate based on... well... new posts).

Sticky threads are the ones marked important that are always at the top of the page. For instance there's two at the top of the Movie Reviews Subforum - http://www.movieforums.com/community/movie-reviews.html

And no i don't think this or any terrorism thread should be stickied.

I have family in Munich, Aunt, Uncle and 2 cousins, they are safe thankgod.

Politicians have created this god awful mess, they've become so afraid of being seen to be "rascist" (apparently the worst thing you could ever be), that they have imported 3rd world ****s with a medieval mentality into our modern western society that are absolutely incompatible in almost every conceivable way.
It's true that politicians won't address the reality regarding Islam because they are afraid of being seen as "racist."
Which is ironic since Radical Islam is not a race, it's a fascist political ideology and cultural conscription couched in a religion that embraces the ideal of divinely authorized Earthly supremacy via genocide.

Today, ISIS claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing in Kabul Afghanistan that murdered 80 people at a peaceful protest and injured nearly 300.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/asia/a...ion/index.html

Originally Posted by Mother Jones
Getting a grip on ISIS' impact is just part of the larger struggle to get an accurate picture of the carnage in Syria. The VDC has confirmed approximately 200,000 casualties by name, photos, or videos. Their number is dwarfed by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights' most recent estimate of as many as 330,000 casualties.
That's 20 times the death toll of the Toohoku tsunami. Would somebody just kill these guys already?

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
What happened in Munich had nothing to do with terrorism, so I don't see your point. You really reaaaally want these things to happen, don't you?

I didnt know what to think of this thread.....I think I understand what Im feeling on it now. A thread dedicated to all the random attacks seems like were slowing down to get a good look at the car wreck. bleah! Just distasteful and doesnt serve a purpose.

Ashdoc Im sorry youve gone thru so much hostility with Muslims, my ex went thru some trouble with them in France, but youre intelligent enough to know not all of them are like that. There are certain black neighborhoods down here that even black people are scared to go thru at night. People want to be violent animals theyll do it in the name of revenge, love, god, money, etc... There is no purity in any sect, in any country, in any church.

So Matt I think ends up being right, we cant act afraid, fuel the fear. If we do then we'll get what theyve gotten in the middle east for thousands of years, blood hate towards each other.

Edit in - Sorry, didnt mean to sound so soapboxy.