I need some damn good 2015 movie recommendations!

Tools    

I need some 'really good' recommendations for 2015 movies, as my Netflix DVD queue is just about empty. I'm working on watching 2015 movies at the moment.

I like period pieces, historical based films and dramas best.

I've seen these 2015 movies and ranked them in order, this gives you an idea of what I like.

Liked:
Ex Machina
Trumbo
The Revenant
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
The Martian
Suffragette
Everest
Creed
Ricki and the Flash
Hated:

In the Heart of the Sea
Vacation
Mad Maxx: Fury Road (didn't finish watching it)

Will be watching soon:
Bridge of Spies
Brooklyn
Lady in the Van

Added to my Queue
The Age of Adaline...recommended by GBG
45 Years
..recommended by GBG
Spotlight...
recommended by Cricket

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Other than most of the Oscar nominees, I haven't seen many movies from 2015, but I loved The Age of Adaline. I haven't heard much about it here so I doubt most people agree with me, but I thought it was great.

The Age of Adaline I was thinking about that one. Do you think I would like it? And is it aimed at a youthful audience? Sometimes movies seem to have this young adult feel to them, if you know what I mean.

Bridge of Spies is the best 2015 film I have seen.

I'll recommend avoiding Room because it's unfortunately simplistic and saccharine giving its subject matter and has cliched and weak rhetoric for its themes.

Bridge of Spies is the best 2015 film I have seen.
Good! that makes me excited to watch it, I should have that movie shortly.

I'll recommend avoiding Room because it's unfortunately simplistic and saccharine giving its subject matter and has cliched and weak rhetoric for its themes.
OK also good, because I was on the edge about watching Room. Saccharine and cliched sounds like I won't like it. So I will skip it for now, thanks

The Age of Adaline I was thinking about that one. Do you think I would like it? And is it aimed at a youthful audience? Sometimes movies seem to have this young adult feel to them, if you know what I mean.

I think you might like it, but I'm not sure. It has a great concept, but you're sometimes a bit more picky about the way things play out than I am.

However in terms of being aimed at a more youthful audience, I can tell you that my Mom loved it, but take that with a grain of salt because she loves Harrison Ford.

Hope you like Brooklyn, that's a real good one.

Besides that, my favorites that you haven't seen are probably Hateful Eight, Room, and Spotlight, but I'm not especially confident you'd like any of them.

Harrison Ford is in Age of Adeline, good, that's a plus because then that alleviates my concern that it's a 'kids movie'. So I will add that to my queue, thanks!

Thanks. I liked Brooklyn but I think you might like it a little more.

I know you said you aren't a huge Disney fan but I will suggest Inside Out (and this year's Zootopia) because their themes are superb and done in a unique way; especially Zootopia as it goes with the election (ie: social issues like racism and reverse racism).

Hope you like Brooklyn, that's a real good one.

Besides that, my favorites that you haven't seen are probably Hateful Eight, Room, and Spotlight, but I'm not especially confident you'd like any of them.
Thanks Cricket, I'm pretty much off on Tarantino, so I'm passing on that. Spotlight, if it's well done, I might like it, despite a sad subject matter. I'll put that in my considering list.

I know you said you aren't a huge Disney fan but I will suggest Inside Out (and this year's Zootopia) because their themes are superb and done in a unique way; especially Zootopia as it goes with the election (ie: social issues like racism and reverse racism).

I also highly recommend Inside Out, (I haven't seen Zootopia yet), but I hesitated to mention it because I know you're not a big fan of animated movies.

I've never considered watching Bridge of Spies and I don't know why.

Awaiting review.

I almost didn't watch Bridge of Spies because I thought it was a war movie, but it's not. It's a thriller, and a very good one. I recommend giving it a chance.

If you haven't seen it, I would also recommend 45 Years.
Thanks GBG, I had read about it, but it was described as bittersweet:
A married couple preparing to celebrate their wedding anniversary receives shattering news that promises to forever change the course of their lives.
Can you answer in a spoiler tag what happens to the couple?

Thanks GBG, I had read about it, but it was described as bittersweet:
Can you answer in a spoiler tag what happens to the couple?

I don't want to tell you too much, but basically:

WARNING: "SPOILERS!!!" spoilers below
A couple is preparing to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary when the husband receives a letter saying that the body of his lover from many years ago has been found. Details of their relationship come out, including the fact they he and his lover were engaged.

It's definitely not an upbeat movie, but I thought it was very good.