Supreme Court Rules Same-Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Tools    

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Oh fu*k, here we go... Media rampage can now begin. It will probably be "we had hard lives, but now, we found justice" , like we are talking about Mad Max not gay marriage. Just to avoid confusion, I don't have problem with gays, but as I said before, everything that follows is a huge nonsense. Congrats.

A system of cells interlinked

Loved seeing this today. I live in UT and never thought it would happen here (boy was i wrong) and now that the LGBT can marry anywhere in the country, i am just overwhelmed with pride for my country!

It was time, it amazes me that this subject is even divised in opinion, I am yet to hear a good argument (I don't judge religious arguments to be good) to defend the position agains't same sex marriage.

Personally Its not my buisness what people do in there own home. I just feel however this organizations for Same sex love will be all in our faces about it and at some point it will become a spark where same sex meets old fashioned real southern people and we get an situation and it will be bloody and horrible.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Love southern stereotypes, it never gets old.

Progress for the growth of a big federal government and loss of state rights?

Progress for the growth of a big federal government and loss of state rights?

I imagine you would have said the same thing about slavery.
That's okay if you would, idiotic racist homophobic bigots have a place in this country too

Human rights is federal, marriage has always been state.

But hey if that makes me a bigoted racist homophobic, ok.

Even though I am pro gay marriage as a state issue?

I think most people believe marriage is a human right.
The ability to have and raise children is a human right.

And I think of this as LESS laws, not more.
Before we had a stupid law about WHO you could marry.

Now that law is gone, and you can marry who you want.
Thats not a bigger federal government it's a smaller one.

Anyway I prefaced that bigoted racist remark with "if you would have said the same thing about slavery"

The question would be, is hay marriage an issue that would surpass ''normal'' legislation. I don't know I'm not an expert on US politics, but I am yet to see a non religious argument to defend it so purely rationally speaking I don't know how I could be disappointed with this news.

Now maybe we can get these sodomy laws off the books.
In MD we still have a law that says blow jobs are illegal. I'm not a fan of that law.

The supreme court ruled it unconstitutional so you won't get convicted but you can still be arrested.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The question would be, is hay marriage an issue that would surpass ''normal'' legislation. I don't know I'm not an expert on US politics, but I am yet to see a non religious argument to defend it so purely rationally speaking I don't know how I could be disappointed with this news.
Well, aren't kids main problem when it comes to these kinds of topics? Right to marry probably includes easier adoption of kids? I already said what I dislike about this marrying stuff. I still think they don't have less rights than regular people, they have more, at least in my country, so all these talking like they just freed them self's from "evil Galactic Empire" is a nonsense.

Was it a basic human right when the federal government allowed multi-racial marriage?

Well, aren't kids main problem when it comes to these kinds of topics? Right to marry probably includes easier adoption of kids? I already said what I dislike about this marrying stuff. I still think they don't have less rights than regular people, they have more, at least in my country, so all these talking like they just freed them self's from "evil Galactic Empire" is a nonsense.
This is just sad. You're flat out wrong. Prior to this decision, gay couples were denied hospital visits, ability to adopt kids, inheritance rights, power of attorney, and all kinds of simple rights the rest of us "normal" people were allowed. That's in a country who's first founding words include "all men are created equal." No, the evil empire wasn't killing gay couples, but they sure as hell weren't doing them any favors.