Should a woman replace Andrew Jackson on the U.S. $20 bill?

Tools    

Are you sure that's Melissa McCarthy? It still says JACKSON under her chin
I think you meant "chins."

so? just because what he did was acceptable then (and i can think of thousands of native americans who would beg to differ), it doesn't mean that we need to be embracing that in the modern day, where that is absolutely not acceptable.
Since most of the founders owned slaves, then it could equally (falsely) be said that featuring them on their money is 'embracing slavery' - as far as I'm aware of though none of them are being celebrated "because they owned slaves", so that's just guilt by association

where that is absolutely not acceptable.
I have a feeling the public polls would disagree with that - reminds me of fringe religious groups like "American Family Association" decreeing what's acceptable - when in reality they are far less acceptable (or relevant altogether) in the grand spectrum of things. What I'm saying is people in general don't feel as strongly about Jackson as the special interest groups do who unilaterally decree themselves the arbiters of "acceptable".

this is just like the ghostbusters backlash but even more insane.
Nope. What's insane is using 'affirmative action' as an argument for who to star in a movie instead of who's the best acting choices

i'm all for replacing grant too, btw.
I'm for replacing the British Flag with the Walmart logo

Serious (though sarcastic) post BTW - I don't plan on trolling you anymore so long as you make serious replies instead of drive by attacks like you have before.

Well looks like a woman will replace Hamilton in 2020. Guess we just have to hit a quota with women on currency

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
The last I heard they weren't going to replace Jackson but Alexander Hamilton. And truthfully, I couldn't care less if they replaced Jackson (I have a list of reasons why I don't care, but I am not too interested in getting into any of them). What I do have a problem with is the replacement of Hamilton. After all, how can you replace the man who made our money the way it is? I am confused. If they aren't getting rid of Jackson because he is a president, then why is Franklin still on the money? This makes no sense.

Besides, this isn't what they wanted. They wanted Jackson to be gone. And that kind of ruins the whole idea of having a woman on the $20 bill in 2020 (which would be the 100th anniversary of women's right to vote).

If they really are going to do this (I really wish it wouldn't be Hamilton), the only two women that really deserve that spot are either Harriet Tubman or Eleanor Roosevelt. At least that is how I feel about it.

i heard they're replacing hamilton instead of jackson because the $10 bill is the next one up for an update anyway. would've preferred it to be jackson, but i'm still all for this.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
i heard they're replacing hamilton instead of jackson because the $10 bill is the next one up for an update anyway. would've preferred it to be jackson, but i'm still all for this.
I also heard that they were still going to keep Hamilton on the bill somewhere, but they haven't even hinted as to how they would do that. I won't complain too much if he isn't pushed aside too much.

Still, even if it was in need for an update, that kind of messes up the idea of having a woman on the $20 in 2020. You see the "theme" here. Part of me wants to bet that upsets a lot of people more than the fact that they are keeping Jackson.

This is just like the Ghostbusters debacle, all these famous people trying to be politically correct. There is no reason to change the face of the dollar bill besides what I've just stated there is literally nothing to be gain or lost from doing this. TBH I don't care who's face is on my money as long it is still worth that certain amount. Cross my fingers to one day have a dollar bill with Jennifer Lawrence's face....okay i'm gonna shut up now.

Soon the dollar bill will be made of metal and the face will be gif and it'll be who the current president is and it'll wink at you right before you purchase something.....its coming people I can feel it.

Might as well change the 10 dollar bill while we're at it

or to make some others happy

This is just like the Ghostbusters debacle, all these famous people trying to be politically correct. There is no reason to change the face of the dollar bill besides what I've just stated there is literally nothing to be gain or lost from doing this. TBH I don't care who's face is on my money as long it is still worth that certain amount. Cross my fingers to one day have a dollar bill with Jennifer Lawrence's face....okay i'm gonna shut up now.
It is not my money but if it was our notes being changed I really wouldn't care less, as long as a fiver with a woman on it bought me the same amount of goods as one with a man on it .

Personally I don't think either side has much of a point. It's not as if a woman being on currency is going to bring any real life positive changes for females, its also not the PC brigade forcing anything down your throat, currency pictures change all the time it was inevitable that a woman would be on one at some point. Failing to see why this is a big deal at all .

It is not my money but if it was our notes being changed I really wouldn't care less, as long as a fiver with a woman on it bought me the same amount of goods as one with a man on it .

Personally I don't think either side has much of a point. It's not as if a woman being on currency is going to bring any real life positive changes for females, its also not the PC brigade forcing anything down your throat, currency pictures change all the time it was inevitable that a woman would be on one at some point. Failing to see why this is a big deal at all .
yeah same here I just don't care honestly about all this and don't see what the big deal is

As long as we have currency to get we need to get have, who cares who's face is on what bill. Batman could be on our U.S currency for all I care. lol
But why does it need to happen? Why can't they just leave history alone? Sure, it doesn't really affect anything outright, but it's annoying and it will help pave the way for even worse and ridiculous PC "ideas" that eventually will start to affect us.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
The gender of who's on the bill should not matter. Unless we're just looking for a Quota Woman
it kinda has mattered though, that's why all US currency that most people deal with day to day is old white guys. if it didn't matter, then we'd have had women, poc, etc long before now. and i can think of loads of influential women that could replace Jackson, so why not? people say they don't care or that it doesn't matter, but they still argue it.

Hamilton and Jackson are both on the bills for how they built the political and economic system around them. I honestly can't think of one woman who has been as influential.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
shouldn't our currency be used to celebrate America - and Americans - rather than solely our American Economy? our political and economical system, as you put it, has been built by white men, obviously that's not going to change. but recognizing important women in a public manner, especially influential women of color, conveys the message that woman can make important contributions and have done so.